By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many Wii U haters???

Viper1 said:

Where do you get just 1 console and where do you get the 5 times the man power?

the guy said Nintendo has 7k employees while SCE has 1.4k. I am assuming these figures are correct because they havent been challenged. Archbrix is conceding 1 platform because his excuse is Nintendo hasnt supported Wii in years or really the Wii U at the beginging because of the 3DS

Around the Network

I don't want to throw oil on the fire, but I think a lot of people got burnt by their original wii that collected dust most of the time since they had it... Also, despite it being an upgrade from the original Wii and having some interesting new features, it's just not a significant upgrade for people who already had either a PS3 or xb360.

Also, the 3rd party support is weak, so it had a pretty long period without any significant release early after they started selling it, people started to think nothing interesting was happening on the console.

As of now, there are two significantly more powerful consoles available, add to that the better 3rd party support on both rivals AND the fact that the PS4 is only 100$ more (with enough storage included to be usable).

The only thing left are the Nintendo exclusives, pigmin, Mario and that super hero game... as well as the upcoming ones... they are as good a reason as any other games to get a console, but this is far from the variety people already have on their current consoles... and the xb1 + ps4 are expected to have more, in better quality very soon as well.

I don't see this as hate, this console just make no sense to me (I have all Nintendo consoles going back to the NES here at home)

Max King of the Wild said:
archbrix said:

No, fact are facts.  Deal with it.

Sony supported the PSP in 2010 along with Ps3. Sony transitioned in supporting Vita in 2011 and continued support for Ps3. Sony released the Ps4 with support while still releasing major ganes the same year for Ps3. Along with having a better online maintence and better post launch support its clear Sony is more productive than Nintendo with a fraction of the resource.

Truth bomb. #dealwithit

First, saying a "fraction of the resources" is wildly sensationalist.  Nintendo's internal employment number is closer to 5,000 than 7,000 which the other post stated.

Second, Sony's healthy support for PS3 in 2013 resulted in only two of their games for the launch of the PS4, which again goes to my point about supporting multiple platforms.

Furthermore, any logical person can deduce that Nintendo is being hit with the transition to HD, something that Sony has already gone through years ago.

I've often said that Nintendo could be more productive, but the issue here is that you have a hard time accepting that 3DS has been the focus for them and the sales reflect that.  Facts are still facts, which you seem to struggle with, and you have an incessant need to argue points even in the face of them just to attempt to come out on top.  Is it some need of fulfillment on your part?  Or is it just a slow day at Target?

archbrix said:

No, fact are facts.  Deal with it.

Sony supported the PSP in 2010 along with Ps3. Sony transitioned in supporting Vita in 2011 and continued support for Ps3. Sony released the Ps4 with support while still releasing major ganes the same year for Ps3. Along with having a better online maintence and better post launch support its clear Sony is more productive than Nintendo with a fraction of the resource.

Truth bomb. #dealwithit

Edit:: Forgot the PC platform. Sony has supported 5 platforms in the last 3 years. 

Ok Sony supported PSP in 2010 but Vita released in late 2011/early 2012, did Sony support PSP in between? And Vita had pretty good first party support in its first year but what about this year, did they release any noteworthy first party games besides Killzone and Tearaway? PS3 has gotten great support but will that continue next year now that PS4 is out?

Im not trying to be a dick, I honestly dont know the answers to these questions.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Viper1 said:

the guy said Nintendo has 7k employees while SCE has 1.4k. I am assuming these figures are correct because they havent been challenged. Archbrix is conceding 1 platform because his excuse is Nintendo hasnt supported Wii in years or really the Wii U at the beginging because of the 3DS

Who is "the guy".  Naughty Dog alone reports having 200-500 employees

http://www.linkedin.com/company/naughty-dog

SCEA reports having between 1000-5000.

http://www.linkedin.com/company/1254

SCEE is another 1000-5000

http://www.linkedin.com/company/sony-computer-entertainment-europe

Quantic Dream Between 50-200

http://www.linkedin.com/company/quantic-dream

Ready at Dawn has 50-200

http://www.linkedin.com/company/ready-at-dawn-studios

Sucker punch is 50-200

http://www.linkedin.com/company/sucker-punch-productions

These are their profiles that they created.  Even at the bare minimmum, that is 2300.  That's not including every dev, and it's not including SCEJ, Gakai, or anything like that.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:

Nintendo is slightly over 5k and SCE is way more than 1.4k.  1,400 is just their Japanese HQ.  Doesn't include any of the dev teams.  I know they have over 2,000 just at their Euro division (including dev teams)   The BBB says they have 1,600 just in their US operations San Mateo location.  Who knows how many more in their studios.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

zorg1000 said:

Ok Sony supported PSP in 2010 but Vita released in late 2011/early 2012, did Sony support PSP in between? And Vita had pretty good first party support in its first year but what about this year, did they release any noteworthy first party games besides Killzone and Tearaway? PS3 has gotten great support but will that continue next year now that PS4 is out?

Im not trying to be a dick, I honestly dont know the answers to these questions.

I dont see the Vita getting as much support. Not because Sony cant but because ots really a waste at this point. 2011 had some psp games.

archbrix said:

First, saying a "fraction of the resources" is wildly sensationalist.  Nintendo's internal employment number is closer to 5,000 than 7,000 which the other post stated.

Second, Sony's healthy support for PS3 in 2013 resulted in only two of their games for the launch of the PS4, which again goes to my point about supporting multiple platforms.

Furthermore, any logical person can deduce that Nintendo is being hit with the transition to HD, something that Sony has already gone through years ago.

I've often said that Nintendo could be more productive, but the issue here is that you have a hard time accepting that 3DS has been the focus for them and the sales reflect that.  Facts are still facts, which you seem to struggle with, and you have an incessant need to argue points even in the face of them just to attempt to come out on top.  Is it some need of fulfillment on your part?  Or is it just a slow day at Target?

their strong support limited games to two? are we ignoring DC and Infamous releasing in first quarter already? TLoU DLC? Playroom? Better online and better post game launch support? You realize these take resources. With more great games yet to come within the year.

Viper1 said:

Nintendo is slightly over 5k and SCE is way more than 1.4k.  1,400 is just their Japanese HQ.  Doesn't include any of the dev teams.  I know they have over 2,000 just at their Euro division (including dev teams)   The BBB says they have 1,600 just in their US operations San Mateo location.  Who knows how many more in their studios.

Well thank you. Still, Sony is much better at supporting multiple consoles. PC got 2 games within the time span from SOE. Vita recieved Killzone and Tearaway. Ps3 recieved TLoU (and DLC) GT6 and Ps4 is getting KZ, DC, Infamous and Knack.

Viper1 said:

Well thank you. Still, Sony is much better at supporting multiple consoles. PC got 2 games within the time span from SOE. Vita recieved Killzone and Tearaway. Ps3 recieved TLoU (and DLC) GT6 and Ps4 is getting KZ, DC, Infamous and Knack.

Are they really? From Nov 2012-Nov 2013 here are first party games for 3DS/Wii U

3DS-Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Friend Collection, Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon Gates to Infinity, DKC Returns 3D, Mario & Luigi, Mario Party, Pokemon X/Y, Zelda Link Between Worlds

Wii U-NSMBU, Nintendo Land, Sing Party, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Wii Party U, Wii Fit U, Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D World

Thats not including eshop titles titles and I probably missed some.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.