By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many Wii U haters???

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

Kart and Smash saved the GCN; without them it would have been Dreamcasted.

a console that sold 20mil lifetime was saved? ok

It wasn't pulled from the market mid-generation like the Dreamcast, and it turned a profit.

it didnt turn a profit the profit came from GBA, it probably broke even.

They did profit on the GC.  During the launch quarter, they lost $9 per unit sold but after that, they were all profitable.

Granted, the majroity of their profits during the GC life cycle came from GBA and DS but the GC did generate profits.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

Kart and Smash saved the GCN; without them it would have been Dreamcasted.

a console that sold 20mil lifetime was saved? ok

It wasn't pulled from the market mid-generation like the Dreamcast, and it turned a profit.

it didnt turn a profit the profit came from GBA, it probably broke even.

They did profit on the GC.  During the launch quarter, they lost $9 per unit sold but after that, they were all profitable.

Granted, the majroity of their profits during the GC life cycle came from GBA and DS but the GC did generate profits.

fair enough. is their a link not that i doubt you it sounds legit

oniyide said:
Viper1 said:

fair enough. is their a link not that i doubt you it sounds legit

I've not been able to find any in the past year or so.  The old sources were either consolidated into new networks, died out or their archives don't go that far back.

I can state it with confidence given that I am one of the sources (archives don't go that far back).  I was told as such in one of my interviews with Nintendo back in 2002...rather it was confirmed after I inquired about it having seen it published elsewhere just prior to the interview.  It was the first time they ever took a loss on any hardware unit in video games (modern era...post NES).

The rEVOLution is not being televised