By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many Wii U haters???

Turkish said:
curl-6 said:
Turkish said:
1. No games until last Holiday period, a year long games drought, wow!

It wasn't a year long. It was four months long. There was Monster Hunter and Need for Speed in March, then Pikmin 3 in July/August, then Wonderful 101, Splinter Cell, Sonic, Wind Waker HD...

Was it a problematic lull? Yes. But a year long is a big exaggeration.

NFS and MH are just ports that people like me with 3DS and PS3 are not interested in becoz they already played them. Pikmin and W101 came out at the end of the summer, so just before the holiday. ~9-10 month software drought. (count december 2012 as well.)

NFS and MH still exist regardless of whether they are ports. And I forgot to mention LEGO City Undercover, an exclusive.
It was a four month drought.

Around the Network
TheLegendaryWolf said:
BeElite said:
curl-6 said:

Their problem is, the Wii U is targeting the kind of buyers who want to pay $250/$199 for a console. That's why Kart will only really have its full effect once it is joined by a price drop.

And Wii U at least has not dropped back to its abysmal Q2-Q3 2013 levels, nor should it in the foreseeable future.

Buddy i got my wiiU for 249.99 

There even was a 219.99 bundle, the problem is WiiU has no waggle hype fad driving it sales.  And it has nothing to show people why they should buy it whats so great about it.  

Now a Mario Kart 219.99 migth sale, but im not even sure about that.

At that price, who wouldn't buy it? Obviously at that price it is a profit loss and high sales won't be enough. Imagine if Sony sold the PS4 at $300. Do you think that they can make profits at a loss like that?

Clealry a lot would not since there were plenty bundles just sitting in a stack.

Well then they cant compete.

But a 299 Mario3d Pikmin and Mario Kart bundle might be able to get some traction, GC zelda U or sidescolling Mario U was their big bundles... wtf u high Nin.

Ninty will have to take it up the bleep somewhere if they want to be in the figth this gen.

curl-6 said:
BeElite said:
curl-6 said:

Their problem is, the Wii U is targeting the kind of buyers who want to pay $250/$199 for a console. That's why Kart will only really have its full effect once it is joined by a price drop.

And Wii U at least has not dropped back to its abysmal Q2-Q3 2013 levels, nor should it in the foreseeable future.

Buddy i got my wiiU for 249.99 

There even was a 219.99 bundle, the problem is WiiU has no waggle hype fad driving it sales.  And it has nothing to show people why they should buy it whats so great about it.  

Now a Mario Kart 219.99 migth sale, but im not even sure about that.

And I bought Wii U for $400AUD. But we don't represent the mass market. They don't want to spend that much.

please dont bs me

7/8 year old PS3 costs 199 and has already sold 82 million.

yet a one year old new gen system cant sale at 300, you might as well put a bullet in it now and put it out of its misery.  It be a kindness.

BeElite said:
curl-6 said:

And I bought Wii U for $400AUD. But we don't represent the mass market. They don't want to spend that much.

please dont bs me

7/8 year old PS3 costs 199 and has already sold 82 million.

yet a one year old new gen system cant sale at 300, you might as well put a bullet in it now and put it out of its misery.  It be a kindness.

PS3's been $250 for long time, and when it was 299 it targeted an audience willing to spend that much.

And it would be foolish to pull the plug on a system before it gets its biggest games or enters mass market price.

curl-6 said:

PS3's been $250 for long time, and when it was 299 it targeted an audience willing to spend that much.

And it would be foolish to pull the plug on a system before it gets its biggest games arrive or enters mass market price.

are you sayin wiiu is so pathetic right now that the price point needed is not possible for ninty to do ?

So what is this target audience wiiu is aiming for and what is their sweet spot price point ?

Around the Network
BeElite said:
curl-6 said:

And it would be foolish to pull the plug on a system before it gets its biggest games arrive or enters mass market price.

are you sayin wiiu is so pathetic right now that the price point needed is not possible for ninty to do ?

So what is this target audience wiiu is aiming for and what is their sweet spot price point ?

I already said, they are targeting the mass market whose sweet spot is $249/$199.

curl-6 said:
BeElite said:
curl-6 said:

I already said, they are targeting the mass market whose sweet spot is $249/$199.

Well i can say they struggle to move em at 250 or even 220, that was boxing week sale with stores busy with people.  So what you think is the sweet spot is not it.

Price will not fix the failure of the U, its Ninty but i dount they can do whats needs to be done or had to be done already.

Part of me secretly wants the WiiU to pull back and do well, and place just behind ps4 performance wise, or in between ps4 and xbox one.

dont get me wrong, i like my xbox one, just like i like my ps4 and wiiu, but the drama such a situation would create would be far too good to pass up.

BeElite said:

Well i can say they struggle to move em at 250 or even 220, that was boxing week sale with stores busy with people.  So what you think is the sweet spot is not it.

Price will not fix the failure of the U, its Ninty but i dount they can do whats needs to be done or had to be done already.

There's always brief and temporary cuts around that time of year. It has to be at that price continuously, as a baseline, in conjunction with the games the masses want. (Kart and Smash)

curl-6 said:
BeElite said:

There's always brief and temporary cuts around that time of year. It has to be at that price continuously, as a baseline, in conjunction with the games the masses want. (Kart and Smash)

See thast the mistake that i hope ninty is smart enough not to make.  You all think masses want Kart and Smash.  But if i remeber GC had them to, that will not save the wiiu.

Masses want COD and GTA, hate em all you want its whst selling (crap that is ghosts i dont get) GTA is actually good.  You want to sale hardware, atleast give em the style games they want.  

Where ninty GTA like open world action shooter, where is their FPS.... in case they missed how much fps games sale.  Where is their TPS, im not saying Gears gore.  But something even more light hearted then Uncharted even Ninty could release.