By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many Wii U haters???

BeElite said:
curl-6 said:
BeElite said:

Well i can say they struggle to move em at 250 or even 220, that was boxing week sale with stores busy with people.  So what you think is the sweet spot is not it.

Price will not fix the failure of the U, its Ninty but i dount they can do whats needs to be done or had to be done already.

There's always brief and temporary cuts around that time of year. It has to be at that price continuously, as a baseline, in conjunction with the games the masses want. (Kart and Smash)

See thast the mistake that i hope ninty is smart enough not to make.  You all think masses want Kart and Smash.  But if i remeber GC had them to, that will not save the wiiu.

Masses want COD and GTA, hate em all you want its whst selling (crap that is ghosts i dont get) GTA is actually good.  You want to sale hardware, atleast give em the style games they want.  

Where ninty GTA like open world action shooter, where is their FPS.... in case they missed how much fps games sale.  Where is their TPS, im not saying Gears gore.  But something even more light hearted then Uncharted even Ninty could release.  

Kart and Smash saved the GCN; without them it would have been Dreamcasted.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

pretty sure Ninty themselves said they were trying to target core and more casual gamers. But if what you think is true then Ninty is even more foolish than people thought, cause a console of that price was never going to sell to that market. And you are assuming they are going to drop to 199? then they wouldnt make money on the system then.

It will reach $199 eventually. Manufacturing costs reduce with time.

define eventually. 3 months 6 months a year? will the manufacturing cost drop so much that they will be able to drop the price to 199 and still make a profit? I'm talking about this year. i can see them do a 50 dollar price cut. Or maybe a 299 Mario Kart bundle thats it

lucidium said:
Part of me secretly wants the WiiU to pull back and do well, and place just behind ps4 performance wise, or in between ps4 and xbox one.

dont get me wrong, i like my xbox one, just like i like my ps4 and wiiu, but the drama such a situation would create would be far too good to pass up.

people still believe it will, honestly i do myself. i think MS not having any kind of presence in Japan will hurt it.

curl-6 said:
BeElite said:
curl-6 said:
BeElite said:

Well i can say they struggle to move em at 250 or even 220, that was boxing week sale with stores busy with people.  So what you think is the sweet spot is not it.

Price will not fix the failure of the U, its Ninty but i dount they can do whats needs to be done or had to be done already.

There's always brief and temporary cuts around that time of year. It has to be at that price continuously, as a baseline, in conjunction with the games the masses want. (Kart and Smash)

See thast the mistake that i hope ninty is smart enough not to make.  You all think masses want Kart and Smash.  But if i remeber GC had them to, that will not save the wiiu.

Masses want COD and GTA, hate em all you want its whst selling (crap that is ghosts i dont get) GTA is actually good.  You want to sale hardware, atleast give em the style games they want.  

Where ninty GTA like open world action shooter, where is their FPS.... in case they missed how much fps games sale.  Where is their TPS, im not saying Gears gore.  But something even more light hearted then Uncharted even Ninty could release.  

a console that sold 20mil lifetime was saved? ok

oniyide said:

It wasn't pulled from the market mid-generation like the Dreamcast, and it turned a profit.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

It wasn't pulled from the market mid-generation like the Dreamcast, and it turned a profit.

It was kept alive, i think many feel like me to save the wiiu would mean wiiu would be somewhat competative.

oniyide said:
lucidium said:
Part of me secretly wants the WiiU to pull back and do well, and place just behind ps4 performance wise, or in between ps4 and xbox one.

dont get me wrong, i like my xbox one, just like i like my ps4 and wiiu, but the drama such a situation would create would be far too good to pass up.

people still believe it will, honestly i do myself. i think MS not having any kind of presence in Japan will hurt it.

I doubt it, PS4 will domminate the Wiiu in japan.  The advanatage ill build wont be that big and the X1 will make plenty back with Uk Aussie NZ sales.

BeElite said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

It was kept alive, i think many feel like me to save the wiiu would mean wiiu would be somewhat competative.

To me "save" has the connotation of "rescue from death" so I'd consider it saved if it lasted the usual Nintendo console lifespan of 5 years, crossed the 20 million mark, and turned a net profit.

BeElite said:
oniyide said:
lucidium said:

I doubt it, PS4 will domminate the Wiiu in japan.  The advanatage ill build wont be that big and the X1 will make plenty back with Uk Aussie NZ sales.

i was talking more in the lines of xbox1 vs. wii u, but you never know

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

it didnt turn a profit the profit came from GBA, it probably broke even.