By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many Wii U haters???

kabamarutr said:
curl-6 said:

Viltgance said:

Is it because the 100 million people that bought the original Wii feel ripped off because it sat on their shelves most of its lifespan? 

The "everyone bought a Wii, played it once, then it gathered dust" is a myth, as evidenced by its continuing software sales over a year after its replacement.

Not entirely a myth. I know quite a few people that fit in the above category. People that had nothing to do with games in the past and had bought the Wii out of trend.

It's a myth that the vast majority of Wiis were forgotten after a month.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:

Mainly because the hardcore are a simple minded bunch who automatically assume less sales = worse console.. Wii U is selling the worst, therefore it IS the worst.

In hardcore land, sales always = quality

wtf

Funny given Dreamcast is one of the most loved consoles, and the hardcore sure loved the low selling original xbox.

Metallicube said:

Mainly because the hardcore are a simple minded bunch who automatically assume less sales = worse console.. Wii U is selling the worst, therefore it IS the worst.

Oh, except when it comes to the Wii.. That console just sold because of the retarded cazuals, so it like, doesn't count.. or something

I really don't know.. I get massive headaches when I try to comprehend the sheer stupidity of hardcore logic.

Didn't many of the casual crowd defend bad rated multi million sellers, saying they must be good if so many people bought it ?
(Just Dance, Wii Play, Mario & Sonic etc.)

You can't have it both ways.

Barozi said:
Metallicube said:

Oh, except when it comes to the Wii.. That console just sold because of the retarded cazuals, so it like, doesn't count.. or something

I really don't know.. I get massive headaches when I try to comprehend the sheer stupidity of hardcore logic.

Didn't many of the casual crowd defend bad rated multi million sellers, saying they must be good if so many people bought it ?

hahaha, so true

but to be honest, the people that defended that here in my opinion are part of the uber-hardcore, like everyone else that frequents this site

curl-6 said:
kabamarutr said:
curl-6 said:

Viltgance said:

Is it because the 100 million people that bought the original Wii feel ripped off because it sat on their shelves most of its lifespan? 

The "everyone bought a Wii, played it once, then it gathered dust" is a myth, as evidenced by its continuing software sales over a year after its replacement.

Not entirely a myth. I know quite a few people that fit in the above category. People that had nothing to do with games in the past and had bought the Wii out of trend.

It's a myth that the vast majority of Wiis were forgotten after a month.

It's not a myth. It's an unreasonable statement. Yet, there is indeed the phenomenon of some people buying it out of trend. Heck, I even know personal trainers that have bought it because they thought it could be relevant to their work.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

These games were great, heathen. And the only casual things about me are my chinos and slip-on shoes.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

curl-6 said:
lucidium said:
curl-6 said:

Viltgance said:

the sales performance isnt in keeping with the 100m install base, though, its barely in keeping with a 10m install base.

eg, with 100m install base just dance 2014 has, as of this week, a 2.6/100 attach rate, compare that to the megaflop known as knack at 9.1/100.

See the post above this one.

Also, attach rates in the early days of a console's release are always inflated. Knack will end up with a vastly smaller attach rate than it has now.

Then you would be comparing a launch title with a miniscule install base with a large one, where as Just Dance 2014 is for a console that has a MASSIVE install base, either way it doesnt compute.

the attach rate for currently sold wii titles does not reflect the notion that its still a well used and popular console, the numbers for titles are just inflated from the install base, the games themselves are actually doing poorly when the install base is taken in to account.

so to counter your point, i say "total sales for games on high install base consoles will be inflated", the sales are for most titles mediocre at best compared to consoles with much lower install bases, so using said game sales to bolster the point of the system not, for the most part, being sat lifeless on shelves does not work, at all.

lucidium said:

Then you would be comparing a launch title with a miniscule install base with a large one, where as Just Dance 2014 is for a console that has a MASSIVE install base, either way it doesnt compute.

the attach rate for currently sold wii titles does not reflect the notion that its still a well used and popular console, the numbers for titles are just inflated from the install base, the games themselves are actually doing poorly when the install base is taken in to account.

so to counter your point, i say "total sales for games on high install base consoles will be inflated", the sales are for most titles mediocre at best compared to consoles with much lower install bases, so using said game sales to bolster the point of the system not, for the most part, being sat lifeless on shelves does not work, at all.

Wii's attach rate is about 7. If everyone just played it for a month then abandoned it, the attach rate would be 2.

I think its more frustration with how poorly the wiiu is marketed and handled by piss poor management. I know thats apart of mine. Its set as a second console even with 7th gen systems.

Like said before wii u and vita get so much hate. These 2 devices are amazing and so overlooked, i am guessing the hate comes from as said before brand loyalty and the wishfull thinking to see a competitor die cause its not their console of choice and there fore lame.

I think every console out is great, maybe except ouya and steam machine that one still confuses me.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA