By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many Wii U haters???

You say haters, I say realists.

Obviously every platform has its share of detractors, but the majority of people being critical of Wii U arent really trolling. The Wii U has been a disaster. Its had incredibly poor support and sales have been at record lows. Its following on from a system that was perfect for Nintendo fans, a system that sold over 100 Million units, and its thrown away everything that Nintendo had built over the last generation with the competitors wiping out a Year advantage in the space of a few Weeks.

Around the Network
FrancisNobleman said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Metallicube said:

Mainly because the hardcore are a simple minded bunch who automatically assume less sales = worse console.. Wii U is selling the worst, therefore it IS the worst.

In hardcore land, sales always = quality

Oh, except when it comes to the Wii.. That console just sold because of the retarded cazuals, so it like, doesn't count.. or something

I really don't know.. I get massive headaches when I try to comprehend the sheer stupidity of hardcore logic.

do you actually believe that horseshit of a post?

Just the fact that the audiende he is talking about mainly plays a generic shooting game were the aiming is automatic, speaks for their credibility. And hardcoreness.

I much prefer calling them the dudebros. Much more appropriate. 

What a horrible generalization.

At the moment the Wii U is doing really badly, there no way around it. Its a floundering product in its current state. So its obviously going to be a hot topic on a forum based around sales. There has been plenty of good discusions (and some bad) about why the Wii U is selling the way it is. There's no need to brand people as haters, dude bros or whatever because their opinions or critiques differ from yours.

Barozi said:
Metallicube said:

Mainly because the hardcore are a simple minded bunch who automatically assume less sales = worse console.. Wii U is selling the worst, therefore it IS the worst.

In hardcore land, sales always = quality

Oh, except when it comes to the Wii.. That console just sold because of the retarded cazuals, so it like, doesn't count.. or something

I really don't know.. I get massive headaches when I try to comprehend the sheer stupidity of hardcore logic.

Didn't many of the casual crowd defend bad rated multi million sellers, saying they must be good if so many people bought it ?
(Just Dance, Wii Play, Mario & Sonic etc.)

You can't have it both ways.

what tickles me is that in one breath they will praise Wii software sales, but curse them in another when they realize it comes mostly from these shovelware games they so despised.

cause its a crap console

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

dsage01 said:
cause its a crap console

I can only admire your honesty, dear chap.

Around the Network

I don't think people hate the wii u.
I think it's mostly having to do with the lack of games, the price (to high for impulse buy with not enough games)
And the fact of not enough variance in Nintendo release titles, but i believe all three consoles fall into this ditch is some way.

Carl2291 said:

Obviously every platform has its share of detractors, but the majority of people being critical of Wii U arent really trolling. The Wii U has been a disaster. Its had incredibly poor support and sales have been at record lows. Its following on from a system that was perfect for Nintendo fans, a system that sold over 100 Million units, and its thrown away everything that Nintendo had built over the last generation with the competitors wiping out a Year advantage in the space of a few Weeks.

Let's not call it a disaster just yet. If you take a look at Nintendo consoles' sales, you will see a steady decline. Apart from the case of the Wii, of course. The Nintendo core is supporting it and it just does what almost every other Nintendo home console did: Play each own games, them being unique in experience and content not easily found in the competition. Point is, it's just as a disaster as Gamecube and N64 was.

There is a lot of way still to go. As the gen progresses, people who want a second console, an alternative to their PS4/X1 will likely turn to WiiU and its unique library (and possibly a reduced price). Think about it: why not?

Taken all the above into consideration, if WiiU pushes around 30 mil lifetime sales, will it be considered a dissaster? I really have this question ever since joining this forum: what constitutes a disaster? when is a machine considered doomed or dead?

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

It's hard to love this console, unless you're a Nintendo loyalist.

I think it's more of apathy then hate really.

kabamarutr said:
Carl2291 said:

Let's not call it a disaster just yet. If you take a look at Nintendo consoles' sales, you will see a steady decline. Apart from the case of the Wii, of course. The Nintendo core is supporting it and it just does what almost every other Nintendo home console did: Play each own games, them being unique in experience and content not easily found in the competition. Point is, it's just as a disaster as Gamecube and N64 was.

There is a lot of way still to go. As the gen progresses, people who want a second console, an alternative to their PS4/X1 will likely turn to WiiU and its unique library (and possibly a reduced price). Think about it: why not?

Taken all the above into consideration, if WiiU pushes around 30 mil lifetime sales, will it be considered a dissaster? I really have this question ever since joining this forum: what constitutes a disaster? when is a machine considered doomed or dead?

30 mil coming off of a 100 mil console and it had a year headstart? I think thats a disaster