By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many Wii U haters???

BasilZero said:
Because Nintendon't want them ;(.

Judging by the sales, it's more like no one wants the wii u lol

Around the Network
oniyide said:
kabamarutr said:
Carl2291 said:
You say haters, I say realists.

Obviously every platform has its share of detractors, but the majority of people being critical of Wii U arent really trolling. The Wii U has been a disaster. Its had incredibly poor support and sales have been at record lows. Its following on from a system that was perfect for Nintendo fans, a system that sold over 100 Million units, and its thrown away everything that Nintendo had built over the last generation with the competitors wiping out a Year advantage in the space of a few Weeks.

Let's not call it a disaster just yet. If you take a look at Nintendo consoles' sales, you will see a steady decline. Apart from the case of the Wii, of course. The Nintendo core is supporting it and it just does what almost every other Nintendo home console did: Play each own games, them being unique in experience and content not easily found in the competition. Point is, it's just as a disaster as Gamecube and N64 was.

There is a lot of way still to go. As the gen progresses, people who want a second console, an alternative to their PS4/X1 will likely turn to WiiU and its unique library (and possibly a reduced price). Think about it: why not?

Taken all the above into consideration, if WiiU pushes around 30 mil lifetime sales, will it be considered a dissaster? I really have this question ever since joining this forum: what constitutes a disaster? when is a machine considered doomed or dead?

30 mil coming off of a 100 mil console and it had a year headstart? I think thats a disaster

Is that so? Then what are 100mil console coming off a 30 mil console? It seems to mee Nintendo returns to its normal sales: lazy home console numbers, heavy sales in the handheld area.

Need I remind here that Nintendo sales evolve thusly?
NES around 60 mil

SNES around 50 mil

N64 around 30 mil

GC around 20 mil

Wii around 100 mil

If WiiU hits 30 mil sales it would be the Nintendo norm. If that equates a disaster, by your standards, then half of Nintendo history has been a disaster also.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

It's maybe because wii u is an under whelming console yet again!

its trending well below the GC. Im not sure it will hit 30m

kabamarutr said:
oniyide said:
kabamarutr said:
Carl2291 said:
You say haters, I say realists.

Obviously every platform has its share of detractors, but the majority of people being critical of Wii U arent really trolling. The Wii U has been a disaster. Its had incredibly poor support and sales have been at record lows. Its following on from a system that was perfect for Nintendo fans, a system that sold over 100 Million units, and its thrown away everything that Nintendo had built over the last generation with the competitors wiping out a Year advantage in the space of a few Weeks.

Let's not call it a disaster just yet. If you take a look at Nintendo consoles' sales, you will see a steady decline. Apart from the case of the Wii, of course. The Nintendo core is supporting it and it just does what almost every other Nintendo home console did: Play each own games, them being unique in experience and content not easily found in the competition. Point is, it's just as a disaster as Gamecube and N64 was.

There is a lot of way still to go. As the gen progresses, people who want a second console, an alternative to their PS4/X1 will likely turn to WiiU and its unique library (and possibly a reduced price). Think about it: why not?

Taken all the above into consideration, if WiiU pushes around 30 mil lifetime sales, will it be considered a dissaster? I really have this question ever since joining this forum: what constitutes a disaster? when is a machine considered doomed or dead?

30 mil coming off of a 100 mil console and it had a year headstart? I think thats a disaster

Is that so? Then what are 100mil console coming off a 30 mil console? It seems to mee Nintendo returns to its normal sales: lazy home console numbers, heavy sales in the handheld area.

Need I remind here that Nintendo sales evolve thusly?
NES around 60 mil

SNES around 50 mil

N64 around 30 mil

GC around 20 mil

Wii around 100 mil

If WiiU hits 30 mil sales it would be the Nintendo norm. If that equates a disaster, by your standards, then half of Nintendo history has been a disaster also.

just because its the norm doesnt mean its good. Disaster is a strong word, but half of Ninty's console history? Yeah it aint great. Especially looking at your numbers. that means it declined gen after gen while others have incresed. GC flopped, much as I like that console, 10 mil more aint great. Especially following Wii U's success one would think that at least 50% of those buyers would stick around

Around the Network
oniyide said:

just because its the norm doesnt mean its good. Disaster is a strong word, but half of Ninty's console history? Yeah it aint great. Especially looking at your numbers. that means it declined gen after gen while others have incresed. GC flopped, much as I like that console, 10 mil more aint great. Especially following Wii U's success one would think that at least 50% of those buyers would stick around

ontop of that you also have to take into consideration the explosive growth the industry had in the mid 90s. The NES and SNES were huge success and phenoms when they launched. Then the PS1 launched and stole the show expanding the market. The consoles now a days are selling to more people in more markets and matching 15+year old systems isnt great.

I was an early buyer who got the Wii U for himself on Christmas for the prospect of new experiences with Nintendo games and Rayman Legends.

I was very quickly disappointed when most of the games merely had inventories/maps or off-screen play with nothing else and when RL got a multi-platform release.

I sold my Wii U after Thanksgiving because it wasn't right for me.

Hopefully my PS4 will bring me better experiences.

melbye said:
Gamecube was the system every gamer and developer wanted from Nintendo, but they didn't buy it or make games for it

Maybe because the ps2 was just too dominant that gen? N64 already slowed down nintendo and PS1 had set up the ps2 perfectly. It was hard for anyone to beat Sony that gen. It should have been the same for nintendo this gen but they abandoned the Wii late in the game and released a sub par  console in the Wii U despite having so much money in the bank. The least they could have done was make the console easy to port to so this gen becomes a battle of first parties. Choosing to go their own way again has not worked out. Who knows though, they may turn things around later. Look at the ps3 for an example.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Haters want Nintendo games on PS4 and XB1.

There are haters for everything.............wii-u is hardly alone.