By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many Wii U haters???

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

damit you weren't supposed to see that!

aww... stop you're gonna make me cry now...

I killed it quickly if that helps you calm down...?

erm eh.. teh haturz made me do it :(

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

attach rates dont mean anything. All that matters is software sold and Wii has not sold that much software in 2013. Software sold is the only factor in determining if people are actually buying games for the system. Their that ends the argument.

YOu are right about PS360 they dont determine whether people bought the Wiis and dropped them they do show what software sales SHOULD be

If every Wii owner dropped the system like a bad habit, the attach rate would be 2-4. It's not, it's 7-8.

im not arguing they dropped it. and again attach rates dont mean nothing. Im looking at software sales. and the software sales for the past year are well below average, take that info and do whatever you want with it.

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

attach rates dont mean anything. All that matters is software sold and Wii has not sold that much software in 2013. Software sold is the only factor in determining if people are actually buying games for the system. Their that ends the argument.

YOu are right about PS360 they dont determine whether people bought the Wiis and dropped them they do show what software sales SHOULD be

If every Wii owner dropped the system like a bad habit, the attach rate would be 2-4. It's not, it's 7-8.

im not arguing they dropped it.

Then why are you even talking to me when that's all I'm addressing?

I don't hate the wiiu its awesome

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

You think the Wii U has it bad?  You should have seen the hate I got when I invited my friends over to play some V-Tech V-Smile.

Some people are just graphics whores.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Nobody buys 7-8 games when they buy  a console. 

This week, 14 months after it was replaced, Wii sold 21 times as much software as hardware.

1) They do if it was a christmas present they received with games, that they barely touched after a few months.

2) With sales as low as the Wii is getting hardware wise that is hardly surprising, a more telling fact is only having 3 games in the top 75 of software sales, 2 of those 3 clearly there for the same reason colonial marines is, that being bargain bin purchases.

curl-6 said:

If lots of people were still buying wiiu games then the software to hardware ratio would be at least 1 in 35 wii owners buying games, but t's not, it's 1 in 107.

Let's take a look at these consoles in more detail.

PS4 - 1 in 7
XBO - 1 in 7
WiiU - 1 in 9
PS3 - 1 in 28
X360 - 1 in 33
Wii - 1 in 107

Well that pretty much puts game buying versus available customers into perspective now doesn't it, fat load of different that attach rate you love to churn out makes.

Barozi said:
Metallicube said:

Mainly because the hardcore are a simple minded bunch who automatically assume less sales = worse console.. Wii U is selling the worst, therefore it IS the worst.

In hardcore land, sales always = quality

Oh, except when it comes to the Wii.. That console just sold because of the retarded cazuals, so it like, doesn't count.. or something

I really don't know.. I get massive headaches when I try to comprehend the sheer stupidity of hardcore logic.

Didn't many of the casual crowd defend bad rated multi million sellers, saying they must be good if so many people bought it ?
(Just Dance, Wii Play, Mario & Sonic etc.)

You can't have it both ways.

I loved Wii Play.. It was a blast. The tanks game alone could almost be a game by itself. Completely deserving of its sales. Though the fact that it came bundled with a Wiimote probably helped its sales as it increased its value to consumers, many of whom were likely new Wii owners looking to buy a new controller anyway.

Just Dance is actually quite fun with lots of people, at least in short bursts. Mario and Sonic was somewhat fun, though it probably sold more off the strength of the combined brand names of Mario with Sonic. So I can somewhat see the reasons for their success, though in all fairness, I will say those games probably sold more than I believe they deserve.

Hate is the wrong word.

Its a console that offers poor value as a long term investment for a one console owner.

this is all

Meh.

I loved my Wii and now my Wii U. But I also loved every Nintendo console before that and the PS3 (only nonNintendo console I've owned).

I'm sure I'll love the steamMachine or PS4 I eventually buy as well as every Nintendo console in the future.

For the same reason than the Vita.

But i see more love than hate, this is nothing compared to the vita first year on forums

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m