By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many Wii U haters???

lucidium said:
Angelv577 said:
I guess it's natural to hate on the sucesor of the best selling console. PS3 felt the same hate as wii u is feeling now.

Unfortunately I do not hate the console, I simply hate the lack of compelling games. Ive never been a big fan of Mario titles and Wonderful101 was the worst $50 i ever spent, so 2013 has been an absolute bust for me.

There's no compelling games for me either but i don't hate the console.  To be honest, I'm waiting for mario kart because i know that game is pretty fun but other than that, i see Wii U as a secondary console, nothing more.  I know for sure, you won't see me hating on it.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Wii U's woes are not the result of the Wii, they are the result of the Wii U's own terrible management. (No showcase launch games, a game drought right out of the gate, a stupid name, poor marketing, rampant delays, etc)

Again, if the userbase of the Wii were still around when the WiiU launched, sales of the WiiU would have been much better regardless of how much Nintendo fudged it.
Unless of course you're trying to tell me 100 million active and happy Nintendo Wii owners would be so confused and lost at the notion of the WiiU that over a year after launch only 1 in 20 of those previous owners actually bought one.

Of course, if you're going to tell me that there arent actually 100 million active and happy nintendo wii owners, then you will have to budge on your stance of attach rates equaling proof that people didnt buy then ditch the console, you can't have it both ways.

lucidium said:
curl-6 said:

Wii U's woes are not the result of the Wii, they are the result of the Wii U's own terrible management. (No showcase launch games, a game drought right out of the gate, a stupid name, poor marketing, rampant delays, etc)

Again, if the userbase of the Wii were still around when the WiiU launched, sales of the WiiU would have been much better regardless of how much Nintendo fudged it.
Unless of course you're trying to tell me 100 million active and happy Nintendo Wii owners would be so confused and lost at the notion of the WiiU that over a year after launch only 1 in 20 of those previous owners actually bought one.

Not every PS2 owner ran out and bought a PS3 in its first year. Does this mean nobody played their PS2 after a month?

magoghm said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

nice rebuttal, the sales show that people have lost interest in the Wii by a lot. People are buying games well after its replacement? how much people? what kind of games? how often? Answer these questions. People are buying games for PS3 and 360 and will continue to do so and their replacements are out, whats your point? For a system that was that popular and sold that much, it should be selling more software, period

The "kind of games" is irrelevant, as are comparisons to PS3/360. The point is, the idea that everyone just abandoned their Wii a month after buying it and never went back is fanboy slander that the numbers do not support.

No it isnt, when you present data you have to present data. Comparisons are not irrelevant otherwise how will will have a barometer? You dont want to do comparisons because you want the Wii to exist in a bubble, its not. No one is saying that people arent buying software for WIi they are saying they are not buying alot for the amounts of systems that have been show and the numbers do support that. Especially when you bring in the other two systems which surprise to surprise you think are irrelevant to the conversation.

PS3 and 360 have no relevancy as to whether people abandon their Wiis shortly after purchase and never goback. (Which by and large they don't, claims otherwise are fanboy propaganda)

Wii's attach rate is 7. That alone ends the argument.

attach rates dont mean anything. All that matters is software sold and Wii has not sold that much software in 2013. Software sold is the only factor in determining if people are actually buying games for the system. Their that ends the argument.

YOu are right about PS360 they dont determine whether people bought the Wiis and dropped them they do show what software sales SHOULD be

How many new games for the Wii were published in 2013?

How many new games for PS3 and XBox 360 where published in 2013?

quite a few and that doesnt make what I said any less true, what about 2012?

curl-6 said:

Not every PS2 owner ran out and bought a PS3 in its first year. Does this mean nobody played their PS2 after a month?

They were most likely playing the Xbox 360.

See, the difference is, when the PS3 launched, it sold over 9 mill by the end of the first full year, despite it launching to a market with two new and well-selling consoles on offer, being painfully overpriced and hated by mass media, not just gaming media, ALL media.

WiiU launched in a market with nothing but aging old consoles, and barely scraped 5 mill by the end of the first full year.

If PS2 users were getting bored, they had two options for a full year, Wii or X360
If Wii users were getting bored, they had just one option for a full year, WiiU, despite this very few of them took that option, so it stands to reason that very few of them were still around.

Around the Network
lucidium said:
curl-6 said:

Most of them would have stuck with their PS2s, since 360 sales by the end of PS3'S first year were  tiny fraction of PS2's install base. Not everyone upgrades to next gen right away.

curl-6 said:
lucidium said:
curl-6 said:

Most of them would have stuck with their PS2s, since 360 sales by the end of PS3'S first year were  tiny fraction of PS2's install base. Not everyone upgrades to next gen right away.

So your honest belief is that 80-90 million Nintendo fans, have sat on their hands for the past year?

Really?

curl-6 said:
lucidium said:
curl-6 said:

just out of curiosity what are Wii owners upgrading too? You say it was cut off sometime ago and the successor has been out for more than a year and they aint buying that for sure.

lucidium said:
curl-6 said:
lucidium said:
curl-6 said:

So your honest belief is that 80-90 million Nintendo fans, have sat on their hands for the past year?

Really?

Never said that. Generally, less than half of any console's install base are fans of the brand.

curl-6 said:
lucidium said:

Really?

Never said that. Generally, less than half of any console's install base are fans of the brand.

So your honest belief is that 80-90 million Nintendo wii owners, have sat on their hands for the past year?

Really?