By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many Wii U haters???

I like my Wii U. It's certainly powerful enough to do a visually flawless Mario. But like it or not, more power makes a difference, otherwise we would still be playing our PS2s or whatever older consoles. People get bored without some boosts in innovation or quality to rekindle interest.

One of Wii U's problems is that it's technically just like the 7th gen consoles (and it's online is not even on par). PS3 & 360 are also in major sales decline, even as their game libraries are excellent. The 7th gen market is close to the saturation point.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

I don't know but I doubt many people do. It's a damn plastic box, that play videogames. What's to hate?

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

reggin_bolas said:
keroncoward said:
IsawYoshi said:
reggin_bolas said:
I honestly think people who are 15 or older should grow up and stop playing kiddie games. It's fine if you're a dad and all but a single guy in his 20's should NOT be playing on the Wii.

You're the one that should grow up if you are not capable of accepting that others have different tastes than you have yourself. The primary point of playing a game is to have fun, if COD is your mix then fine, others will concider Mario theirs. 

Its ironic because Im sure he has been to either Disney Land or Six Flags and saw everyone at all ages having fun.

That's funny because I enjoy watching Disney movies with my fiancee. In fact, we just saw Frozen last month. Games, on the other hand, should be enjoyed like fine wine; aged and mature. 

Now that's your opinion. Other have different opinions. Yours isn't more right than any others. 

Do you think that a man over 15 years should grow up he doesn't drink alcohole, simply because he prefers not to? 

Max King of the Wild said:
Roma said:

what's there to spin? neither of them have outsold it and they aren't close to do so 

if you have to restrict the area of observation to make a point to support a more general point... chances are your spinning. #dealwithit

Humph. You stole that one from me. >_<

reggin_bolas said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:
I don't get it either. I personally love the system, and it has some amazing software so far. 
The hate is undeserved.

What about that gamepad? It looks so incredibly awkward and painful to use. I speak of course a priori. 

Just goes to show you that looks ain't everything. It's one of the most comfortable controllers I've ever used, and it's far from painful. Taking into the acount that you can actually play games on it as well, I would have to sayit's my favoruite controller of all time. And that's without anyone actually taking use of it's potential. I do agree though that it looks awkward, not to mention far heavier than it is.
Of cource, that's my opinion. 

Max King of the Wild said:
Roma said:

what's there to spin? neither of them have outsold it and they aren't close to do so

if you have to restrict the area of observation to make a point to support a more general point... chances are your spinning. #dealwithit

lets put it this way

for a time it wiped the floor with them both combined and later each on its own

does that sound better to you? either way it's still above them both

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Because it's the only way they can "win".

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network

I dont understand.

I think the Wii U is a perfectly good system and is beeing supported by Nintendo. It actually its having some of the best Nintendo games.
I do understand that they messed up with the drought in the first half of the year, but the hate is dumb.

I will most probably get one this year or the next. I just dont know how i will resist X. I love the Xeno series.
I would like for Nintendo to redesign the gamepad to be a big smaller though. Theres alot of plastic in there that they could do away with.

Success brings new fans and positive reactions for the system. But balance must be preserved. Where there is success, haters also spring up to keep the balance. Wii's success brought out many haters because of the above rule.

WiiU does not have the same level of success, so the reaction to it is slowly diminishing. All the previous haters find something else to lay feelings upon, but their number is still great, as the memory of Wii's success is still fresh. That number will get smaller, given time.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

Viltgance said:

Is it because the 100 million people that bought the original Wii feel ripped off because it sat on their shelves most of its lifespan? 

The "everyone bought a Wii, played it once, then it gathered dust" is a myth, as evidenced by its continuing software sales over a year after its replacement.

curl-6 said:

Viltgance said:

Is it because the 100 million people that bought the original Wii feel ripped off because it sat on their shelves most of its lifespan? 

The "everyone bought a Wii, played it once, then it gathered dust" is a myth, as evidenced by its continuing software sales over a year after its replacement.

Not entirely a myth. I know quite a few people that fit in the above category. People that had nothing to do with games in the past and had bought the Wii out of trend.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

curl-6 said:

Viltgance said:

the sales performance isnt in keeping with the 100m install base, though, its barely in keeping with a 10m install base.

eg, with 100m install base just dance 2014 has, as of this week, a 2.6/100 attach rate, compare that to the megaflop known as knack at 9.1/100.