By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many Wii U haters???

kabamarutr said:
curl-6 said:

The "everyone bought a Wii, played it once, then it gathered dust" is a myth, as evidenced by its continuing software sales over a year after its replacement.

Not entirely a myth. I know quite a few people that fit in the above category. People that had nothing to do with games in the past and had bought the Wii out of trend.

Not quite 100 million, though.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network
Gnac said:
kabamarutr said:
curl-6 said:

The "everyone bought a Wii, played it once, then it gathered dust" is a myth, as evidenced by its continuing software sales over a year after its replacement.

Not entirely a myth. I know quite a few people that fit in the above category. People that had nothing to do with games in the past and had bought the Wii out of trend.

Not quite 100 million, though.

That's why I've said not entirely true! Obviously one cannot allocate 100mil of sales to fashion spenders. It's unreasonable.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

kabamarutr said:

That's why I've said not entirely true! Obviously one cannot allocate 100mil of sales to fashion spenders. It's unreasonable.

Tell that the the other bloke who actually did that!

Well, ridiculous hyperbole seems to be fashionable lately.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

It's the cool thing the bash this gen, just like GameCube and Wii.

Gnac said:
kabamarutr said:

Tell that the the other bloke who actually did that!

Well, ridiculous hyperbole seems to be fashionable lately.

Success brings out haters, as well as fans. You shouldn't be surprised, or feel bad about it.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

Around the Network

Mainly because the hardcore are a simple minded bunch who automatically assume less sales = worse console.. Wii U is selling the worst, therefore it IS the worst.

In hardcore land, sales always = quality

Oh, except when it comes to the Wii.. That console just sold because of the retarded cazuals, so it like, doesn't count.. or something

I really don't know.. I get massive headaches when I try to comprehend the sheer stupidity of hardcore logic.

curl-6 said:

Viltgance said:

Is it because the 100 million people that bought the original Wii feel ripped off because it sat on their shelves most of its lifespan? 

the software sales for Wii are nothing to be proud of, take away the bundled games, hell even with the bundled games and it doesnt reach the the same sales as either 360 or PS3 and thats with a larget install base.

Roma said:
people tend to hate those who innovate and drive the industry forward besides, HOW DARE an SD system wipe the floor with two super powers like last gen?

plus we like colors too but we are to afraid to admit it so we can't buy Nintendo consoles cus then we look kiddy in front of our friends so we want Nintendo to go third party so we can get their games on more "mature" platforms. that way we can buy colorful games but hide them when our "mature" fwends com over to play colors with 99 shades of brown

You sound upset.

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

Viltgance said:

Is it because the 100 million people that bought the original Wii feel ripped off because it sat on their shelves most of its lifespan? 

the software sales for Wii are nothing to be proud of, take away the bundled games, hell even with the bundled games and it doesnt reach the the same sales as either 360 or PS3 and thats with a larget install base.

Nice strawman. People are still buying games for it well after its replacement. That shows that the idea every Wii was used for a month then abandoned is a fallacy.

lucidium said:
curl-6 said:

Viltgance said:

the sales performance isnt in keeping with the 100m install base, though, its barely in keeping with a 10m install base.

eg, with 100m install base just dance 2014 has, as of this week, a 2.6/100 attach rate, compare that to the megaflop known as knack at 9.1/100.

See the post above this one.

Also, attach rates in the early days of a console's release are always inflated. Knack will end up with a vastly smaller attach rate than it has now.