By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Ghetto Systems You Guys Own?

Puppyroach said:
toastboy44562 said:
Puppyroach said:

It is in threads like these I really miss throwing away my Barcode Battler:

That looks badass

Indeed it was!

I worked like this: you could take (almost) any barcode from any product, cut it out and put it on a card. When you let the machine read the barcode it gave you different characters with different abilities which you then could use to fight other players with :).

I remember one kind of Milk gave a really awesome fighter while a kind of pasta always gave really wimpy fighters. I was a big thing in Sweden for, like, 15 minutes :P.

I had something really similar. You scan something, get a creature, it was kinda like pokemon.

Around the Network

I have a treamcast

sonicfan1373 said:
Some thing called Power Player Super Joy III, it is an NES clone which is marketed as having 99999 games in 1. Of course most games are repeated with small mods and the repeats with mods are repeated several times with different names. It has a Famicom cartridge connection on the back. The system looks like an N64 controller (of course the analog stick does not work, nor did I expect it to considering it is an NES clone) and it comes with a Sega Genesis like controller and a light-gun. You could not complete many of the games due to issues with the mods; for example, a few platforms were missing in Super Mario Bros. which made certain jumps impossible.

It is an interesting clone with an interesting history:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Player_Super_Joy_III

I have what I believe to be its predecessor:

And a blue controller with a different name and shape, claiming to hold 2000 games. Wish I knew the name of it (but can't really bother finding it).

Atari clone. 64 games inbuilt and a regular cartridge slot for 2600 games.

Hanimex "portable" Pong console. Paddles > all controllers.

Virtualboy. Waterworld is truly the worst game ever made.

Vectrex. A vector screen simply must be experienced.

Doctor64 and Gameboy Doctor. Piracy used to be cooler.

Sega Mega CD 1. Opening and closing the tray is an adventure.

Living in the ghetto sure is expensive.

Retrobit Entertainment System

it plays NES games.

also have an Atgames Sega Genisis 80 games on it and can play real carts.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

The Retro Duo Portable.  It plays SNES and NES cartridges.  Construction quality is not great, but it works!

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Does an old GBA with duct tape holding the batteries in count?

The original Game Boy Advance. It's from the 21st century, and doesn't even have a backlight.

toastboy44562 said:
Puppyroach said:
toastboy44562 said:
Puppyroach said:

It is in threads like these I really miss throwing away my Barcode Battler:

That looks badass

Indeed it was!

I worked like this: you could take (almost) any barcode from any product, cut it out and put it on a card. When you let the machine read the barcode it gave you different characters with different abilities which you then could use to fight other players with :).

I remember one kind of Milk gave a really awesome fighter while a kind of pasta always gave really wimpy fighters. I was a big thing in Sweden for, like, 15 minutes :P.

I had something really similar. You scan something, get a creature, it was kinda like pokemon.

same here but mine was Dragon Ball GT based =D

Do you just mean weird old knock off systems? or weird old systems. Over christmas me and some mates were playing fighting Vipers and fighters megamix on my sega saturn that was pretty ghetto, for portable gaming I've got a pspgo and my phone is the daddy of all smart phones the N-gage (nothing quite as awkward as that taco hold to call with it).
I have the same 2600 that someone mentioned in this thread already with the 64 built in games, I have an atari 800xl with a few 90min tapes full of games which were all just recorded from a twin tape deck. Oh I have an awesome original pong machine with the speaker on the machine and 2 removable paddles from the system I have to say, playing that on a 42inch screen is unbelievably good fun, like a massive retro arcade.
Trying to think of other bits... oh I have an original GBA the like... not clamshell one, but I had it modified with a thing called an afterburner so it actually has a backlight in it, cost a fair deal back in the day.... I also have a TV tuner for the gba but it's not really any use now since Ireland stopped broadcasting in analogue signals but you can use it to hook up things like the ps3 to the GBA screen tis pretty odd looking.....

I have a game gear?

edit - I really must try to get some nice pics together of some of my collection of games it kinda spans all 30 years of my life :)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive