By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Ghetto Systems You Guys Own?

ganoncrotch said:
disolitude said:

You guys wanted ghetto... took me a while to dig it up but as promissed my "self upgraded" Sega Nomad.

It has the following upgrades: 

Quad 5 watt speaker "surround" sound

Self made 12 AA rechargable battery pack wired in serial delivering over 18V of raw juice... giving it up to 45 mins of total gaming time

A Game Gear magnifying glass super glued to the front

Under 5 lbs

Portable gaming evolved!

While I'm sure your wiring job was top notch professionally done... considering you glued the magnifier to the thing lol, you know that you were holding around 30-40k amps of power in your hands there right? like even at 18V that thing getting a short could have given you a properly bad shock, like... half way to fatal lvls for a healthy man. Altho I guess you would be saved by the Nomad and its ghetto blaster draining them as they shocked you lol.

you really have put the Ghetto in this thread tho, that is an amazing custom piece of hardware to own.

Thanks my friend. :)

Yeah I didn't realize how much power that would be at the time I built it (2002 ish) but I soon realized this is no joke as my hands would to go numb after 5 minutes of playing. Rather than dissasembling it, I decided to keep it around as a reminder of fun times in college.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
ganoncrotch said:
disolitude said:

You guys wanted ghetto... took me a while to dig it up but as promissed my "self upgraded" Sega Nomad.

It has the following upgrades: 

Quad 5 watt speaker "surround" sound

Self made 12 AA rechargable battery pack wired in serial delivering over 18V of raw juice... giving it up to 45 mins of total gaming time

A Game Gear magnifying glass super glued to the front

Under 5 lbs

Portable gaming evolved!

While I'm sure your wiring job was top notch professionally done... considering you glued the magnifier to the thing lol, you know that you were holding around 30-40k amps of power in your hands there right? like even at 18V that thing getting a short could have given you a properly bad shock, like... half way to fatal lvls for a healthy man. Altho I guess you would be saved by the Nomad and its ghetto blaster draining them as they shocked you lol.

you really have put the Ghetto in this thread tho, that is an amazing custom piece of hardware to own.

Thanks my friend. :)

Yeah I didn't realize how much power that would be at the time I built it (2002 ish) but I soon realized this is no joke as my hands would to go numb after 5 minutes of playing. Rather than dissasembling it, I decided to keep it around as a reminder of fun times in college.

that's pretty crazy when you look at it and then think how awesome things like the psp are if you have it modified with custom firmware so you can have your whole library of Megadrive, GBA, NES etc of games on a tiny device with a battery and amazing speakers built into it and no fear of death by electric shock :D I would say if I had made something like that I could never part with it either, awesome build.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

sethnintendo said:
toastboy44562 said:
NintendoPie said:
I wish I owned some crazy system that no one has ever heard of, but the closest I've got is the GameBoy Micro.

However, that's up their with Nintendo's most ghetto decisions. Along with the Virtual Boy.

And the Wii U

Remind me why I even added you as a friend on VGC.  Doesn't matter now though because it is a goodbye to you and ignore any future post.  Do me a favor and keep the same avatar that way I'll know to ignore anything you type.

Lmao! thanks for the laughs