By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Ghetto Systems You Guys Own?

Probably this guy:

Around the Network

I still have a 3DO in my closet somewhere.

I received a polystation when I was little. It was my first console and I found it very cool. I really played a lot of the pre-installed games (like Mario). I actually thought it was a real console! I played it mostly when I was six and seven years old. Afterwards I started playing on a pc that my father received for free (pentium 1). Those were great times.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

ganoncrotch said:
supernihilist said:
Game gear is the most rare thing i had. it was cool, but god 8 batteries? wth were they thinking?

Tis 6 AA batteries, 3 in each side of it :D had to go check on mine to make sure, but yeah about 8euros worth of batteries and 4 hours of playtime.... I guess on the upside you can use the standard megadrive adaptor to plug it in which was cool enough, except it prolly drains 8euros of electricity per hour outta the wall lol.

oh yeah i completely forgot about that. i clearly remember now playing constantly plugged to the wall because there was no way my parents bought me that many batteries that i needed like everyday LOL

I'd probably say that 8bit handheld that could only play one football game. It had 2 AA battery slots but could work with only 1 which was kinda badass.

Around the Network

DS Phat that had one random dead pixel on day 1. Even without the dead pixel...it's hard to out ghetto the original gray DS Phat. WITH included thumbpad strap so that you can simulate analog controls on the touchscreen. 

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

A custom self "upgraded" Sega Nomad. Will post an actual pic if anyone cares to see...

I have a plug directly into analog input, generic buck hunter game that is so small it is basically a pistol. Got it like 10 or so years ago, and it is only fun watching drunk people try to play it.

disolitude said:
A custom self "upgraded" Sega Nomad. Will post an actual pic if anyone cares to see...

Cool!  I vote post it.

soulfly666 said:
disolitude said:

Cool!  I vote post it.

K.

When I get home the beast shall be captured on camera and pic will be posted.