By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Ghetto Systems You Guys Own?

Not that odd but I still play my Sega cdx

Around the Network

Well it's not actually a console, but:

This made me the king in seventh and eight grade. It was the only way to get a Mew outside of special Nintendo events. ~_~

You guys wanted ghetto... took me a while to dig it up but as promissed my "self upgraded" Sega Nomad.

It has the following upgrades: 

Quad 5 watt speaker "surround" sound

Self made 12 AA rechargable battery pack wired in serial delivering over 18V of raw juice... giving it up to 45 mins of total gaming time

A Game Gear magnifying glass super glued to the front

Under 5 lbs

Portable gaming evolved!

I used to own a crapton of the old Tiger handhelds, and I have a couple of the Atari "plug & play" game systems that come preloaded with like a dozen games or so... but this bad boy takes the cake...

That right there is the Action Max... a VHS (yes, you read that correctly... VHS!) based light-gun game console.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

disolittude said:

You guys wanted ghetto... took me a while to dig it up but as promissed my "self upgraded" Sega Nomad.

Self made 12 AA rechargable battery pack wired in serial delivering over 18V of raw juice... giving it up to 45 mins of total gaming time

Under 5 lbs

Portable gaming evolved!

Hahaha that is badass!

Around the Network
axumblade said:
supernihilist said:
Game gear is the most rare thing i had. it was cool, but god 8 batteries? wth were they thinking?

Dem colors though.....At one point, I loved my game gear more than my Game Boy...but that was mainly because I had the extended battery pack that plugged into it. :) 

Omfg lol, that thing you clipped onto your belt buckle and it had a power lead to feed the power hungry Game Gear? :D I had one of those for about.... 2 weeks then I was going from one room to the next and the cable got caught in the door handle, ripped completely outta the AC jack and made a bright spark of electricity. That thing was deadly.... almost literally.

for anyone who hasn't seen one of those things btw, if you at least know the size of the GameGear you can get an idea from this image... keep in mind that it was full of what was the best technology for recharable batteries in the 90s so it felt like it was full of lead.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

disolitude said:

Under 5 lbs

Portable gaming evolved!

While I'm sure your wiring job was top notch professionally done... considering you glued the magnifier to the thing lol, you know that you were holding around 30-40k amps of power in your hands there right? like even at 18V that thing getting a short could have given you a properly bad shock, like... half way to fatal lvls for a healthy man. Altho I guess you would be saved by the Nomad and its ghetto blaster draining them as they shocked you lol.

you really have put the Ghetto in this thread tho, that is an amazing custom piece of hardware to own.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

toastboy44562 said:
NintendoPie said:
I wish I owned some crazy system that no one has ever heard of, but the closest I've got is the GameBoy Micro.

However, that's up their with Nintendo's most ghetto decisions. Along with the Virtual Boy.

And the Wii U

Remind me why I even added you as a friend on VGC.  Doesn't matter now though because it is a goodbye to you and ignore any future post.  Do me a favor and keep the same avatar that way I'll know to ignore anything you type.

ganoncrotch said:
axumblade said:
supernihilist said:
Game gear is the most rare thing i had. it was cool, but god 8 batteries? wth were they thinking?

Dem colors though.....At one point, I loved my game gear more than my Game Boy...but that was mainly because I had the extended battery pack that plugged into it. :) 

Omfg lol, that thing you clipped onto your belt buckle and it had a power lead to feed the power hungry Game Gear? :D I had one of those for about.... 2 weeks then I was going from one room to the next and the cable got caught in the door handle, ripped completely outta the AC jack and made a bright spark of electricity. That thing was deadly.... almost literally.

for anyone who hasn't seen one of those things btw, if you at least know the size of the GameGear you can get an idea from this image... keep in mind that it was full of what was the best technology for recharable batteries in the 90s so it felt like it was full of lead.

I usually played my Game Gear next to a wall outlet (ac adapter).  Kind of reminds me of of the Wii U Gamepad.  Going to have to buy the better battery for the Gamepad at some point.  At least the gamepad charger has a long ass cord.

sethnintendo said:
ganoncrotch said:
axumblade said:
supernihilist said:

I usually played my Game Gear next to a wall outlet (ac adapter).  Kind of reminds me of of the Wii U Gamepad.  Going to have to buy the better battery for the Gamepad at some point.  At least the gamepad charger has a long ass cord.

The cable for it is really long, the idea was that you clip it onto your belt buckle or into a large trouser pocket to carry around with you (it weighted a ton) you could actually have it in a backpack and run the cable out to the console in your hands too but the thing got pretty damn hot I recall.