By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can PS4 Break In Japan The King Historical Record Lauch?

Tagged games:

PS4 first week sales in Japan?

King: 1 Million 68 28.33%

King's Hands: 900k 3 1.25%

Paladin: 800k 12 5.00%

Knight: 700k 26 10.83%

Henchman: 600k 29 12.08%

Mercenary: 500k 46 19.17%

Bastard: 400k 19 7.92%

Covard: 300k 14 5.83%

Banana: 200k 9 3.75%

Girl: 100k 14 5.83%

Total:240

Nope, and unlike NA and EU which could probably sell 2 millions or more week one if supply was there, in Japan it wouldn't sell more even if enough consoles were allocated. My prediction 400-450k week one.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

I doubt it, the market over there is too handheld dominated. It's not impossible, we have already seen the PS4 pull off some crazy sales, but i can't see it happening.

I am sorry, but I think you are dreaming, man... Handhelds are the hot thing in Japan right now.. Besides, the PS4 is not really Japan-centric so why would the PS4 sell so well in Japan? Explain to me.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

EricFabian said:
No, maybe 300-400k, but no way 1kk in two days

Hmm predicting same ballpark as Wii U. You think it'll be a close race between PS4 and Wii U in Japan? You could be right, Wii U seems pretty popular there.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I think around 500k, it will be very impressive!

Around the Network

Somewhere in the line of 600-700K looks highly realistic by looking at how the current market-share for handhelds fare in Japan. It would still do wonders for PS4.

Yes if they supply enough and the demand is there, having a good Japan centrik launch title would help.

Where is a Gundam when you need one.

think-man said:

I'm pretty sure Sony doesn't even have 1 million allocated to japan, at best they probably have 300k units ready for launch.

I guess they will allocate more...

Untile the launch they will produce about 1.5m PS4 mininum... I can see they shipping 1 million to US/EU and 500 for Japan.

Not enough supply
If they would have supply then yes.People all over the world are hungry for NextGen and so are they.

For these asking about the Japan Launch games... they will have all launched and to be launched for PS4 on US/EU plus:

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition
Joysound Dive 2
Nikoli no Puzzle 4: Sudoku
Nobunaga no Yabō: Sozō
Ryū ga Gotoku Ishin! * Yakuza *
Tottemo E Mahjong Plus
Hohokum
Natural Doctrine
Doki-Doki Universe
Strider

And Betas:

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Deep Down

Over 30 titles for PS4 launch in Japan.

Watch Dogs is rumored to be launch in 22nd Feb too.