By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much is the Wii U going to sell by the end of 2014?

How much is the Wii U going to have sold by the end of 2014?

8 million 46 10.50%

9 million 55 12.56%

10 million 140 31.96%

12 million 149 34.02%

OVER 9000!!! 20 4.57%

#WEkU GotS nO GaMeZ!! 25 5.71%

Total:435

10.5m. This should be the Wii U's biggest year.

Around the Network
justinian said:
At the very least it should double next year whatever it ends at this year. So taking 5.5m as the end of 2013 total I would guess 11m is the low mark.

I may revisit this thread after the January Nintendo Direct. If they announce some new and interesting stuff for later in the year that can change things.

You seem to be forgeting that the 5.5 million life to date includes two holiday seasons, & so far Nintendo has sold about (quick math in my head) 80-90% of it's Wii U's during the holiday seasons.  So if you are just doubling ltd numbers for a safe guess then that won't work because 2014 only has one Christmas.  However if you are expecting better sales throughout the year you may be correct, if not a bit optimistic with your number.

I guess another 6m, taking the total to 11m which I think PS4 will beat and xbox one will come close to.

chris_wing said:
justinian said:
At the very least it should double next year whatever it ends at this year. So taking 5.5m as the end of 2013 total I would guess 11m is the low mark.

I may revisit this thread after the January Nintendo Direct. If they announce some new and interesting stuff for later in the year that can change things.

You seem to be forgeting that the 5.5 million life to date includes two holiday seasons, & so far Nintendo has sold about (quick math in my head) 80-90% of it's Wii U's during the holiday seasons.  So if you are just doubling ltd numbers for a safe guess then that won't work because 2014 only has one Christmas.  However if you are expecting better sales throughout the year you may be correct, if not a bit optimistic with your number.

its ok to be optimistic.

Nintendo deserve the benefit of the doubt, since this year they didnt react much to the poor sales, so they must have something up their sleeves.

my original estimate was 4.6m, but optimistically I think 6m.

I'd say 11-15million.

Around the Network

They should do at least 6mill this year so 11mill total

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

On the plus side, Wii U has more games out this year compared to last year and around 4 possible system sellers releasing this year, with the possibility of 1 more being announced early this year, and it might get a $50 price cut near the holidays.

On the minus side, this year it has to compete with the PS4 and XBOne in addition to the PS3 and 360 (and Vita, Wii and 3DS to a lesser degree) and the fact that it sold so poorly last year probably means its sales this year won't be anything impressive.

At this point, I'd say anywhere between 9.5m and 11.5m sounds reasonable, although I'm personally leaning more towards 10m.

i guess it will sell at 6 million the most.

Alot of crow will be eaten this year. That's for damn sure.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

This should be it's peak year, so maybe it'll hit 11 Milion units.