By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much is the Wii U going to sell by the end of 2014?

How much is the Wii U going to have sold by the end of 2014?

8 million 46 10.50%

9 million 55 12.56%

10 million 140 31.96%

12 million 149 34.02%

OVER 9000!!! 20 4.57%

#WEkU GotS nO GaMeZ!! 25 5.71%

Total:435

8 is the lowest it should go. That'd be a repeat of 2013 sales. I do feel like it'll be up at least a bit yoy (actually a lot relatively ) so I'd go with around 9 million. 8-11 million range.

Around the Network

13 mil..... Damn those Olsen twins are looking sexy

Poll results seem reasonable.

I'd say around 10 million.

Roma said:
it will end at 15m units sold

Going to agree with this number right here, even though Europe is trailing a bit behind my expectations.

anonymunchy said:
Roma said:
it will end at 15m units sold

Going to agree with this number right here, even though Europe is trailing a bit behind my expectations.

Up by over 200% YOY would be an incredible and unprecedented event. Both of you thought your predictions through beforehand? I mean anything's possible but yeah that seems high.

Around the Network

It should reach 10 million.

I stand by my prediction... -5 million is a possibility.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I'm not seeing much room for growth. So for me it's 8-9 mil.

KylieDog said:
10m.

12 if they ditch the gamepad and release a cheaper SKU. (I mean make the gamepad an optional buy, not ditch it entirely).

I agree on an SKU without the Gamepad. I would imagine them making a Basic Wii U with a Pro Controller for $250 (for a profit). They should sell the Gamepad separately for about $80 (limited supply of course). First, they need to make the WiiMote and Pro Controller FULLY compatible with the Wii U system itself, well MiiVerse drawing is the only thing I can thing of that the other controllers can't do at all.

I'm saying 9 million. It looks like this year will end around 5.5 ltd, so that's 3.5 million more for 2014 calendar year. Of course the PS4 may cut Wii U's legs out from under it & force sales as low as 2.5 million, & there is also the possibility that Mario Kart may recapture some of that Wii sales magic and go as high as 4.5 million for the year.
So I'll split the difference & put it in the middle at 3.5 million for 2014, and 9 million total ltd. Sadly that would still put the Wii U 3.5 million behind Nintendo's own fiscal year 2013 projections.