By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much is the Wii U going to sell by the end of 2014?

How much is the Wii U going to have sold by the end of 2014?

8 million 46 10.50%

9 million 55 12.56%

10 million 140 31.96%

12 million 149 34.02%

OVER 9000!!! 20 4.57%

#WEkU GotS nO GaMeZ!! 25 5.71%

Total:435
zorg1000 said:
NintendoSupporter<3 said:
brendude13 said:
NintendoSupporter<3 said:
KylieDog said:
10m.

12 if they ditch the gamepad and release a cheaper SKU. (I mean make the gamepad an optional buy, not ditch it entirely).

Stop the bull.

...?

So you actually believe Nintendo should ditch the Gamepad ?

He never said they should ditch it, all he said is its possible they sell more if they make it optional. They could easily do this.

Wii U w/Motion Plus and Wii Sports Club preinstalled-$199

Wii U w/Motion Plus and Mario/Luigi U-$249

Wii U w/Pro Controller and Donkey Kong-$249

Gamepad w/Nintendo Land-$99

Wii U w/Gamepad and Mario Kart-$299

Seems plausible but the Wii U Basic with Wii motion plus and Wii sports club  will cost $229 (selling it at a profit).
Gamepad can be sold seperatly for $80. Wii U w/pro controller for $249 w/ 1 game.

Around the Network

Not counting 2012 holiday season, They sold around 3 million. If we were to use that as a base, then it's a matter of going up or down. What do we know about next year or which is most likely. They had a horrible 2013 due to a drought of games, advertising, name conflict,and let's face perhaps a lot of people just don't like the product. However, of this I don't think they will have the drought this year, that they had last year, $350 probably too high and they seem to get their act together in terms of advertising, they dropped the price by $50 dollars, more bundles, ton more games with exciting bundles as well. With that said, I believe that they will perform better in 2014 than they did in 2013. However, even with all those factors, they are still selling behind the ps3, and xbox 360...And I might say rather consistently. So while they are getting some decent sales figures, they aren't all that exceptional. Xbox 360 sold 6.2 million, ps3 sold 8.9 in 2013... Again these charts aren't going all over they place, they move but are usually pretty stable. consistently even without it goes ps3, xbox 360, then wii u, then the wii. For the handhelds - 3ds, then by far usually only getting a small fraction of the sales for handhelds is vita, then DS. This is without the xbox one and ps4 you add those one then it's basically been ps4, xboxone, ps3, xbox360, wiiu, then wii. Now I'm actually reluctant to base anything off of the PS4 or xboxone sales because these are launch figures, so they is going to be a bias. But even without it, you still see a rather stable hierarchy of sales figures.

Total hardwaresales figures for 2013 - 49 million 2012 - 56 million 2011 - 70 million 2010 - 74 million. Based on this trend line, it seems to be going down consistently. I'm inclined to say - To be continued

I'm going to just go for it and say 40 million. I know that I have a 99% chance of being wrong, but hey, I come here to have fun, not to be right.

even fewer more like 42, however we had the introduction of 3 new systems now which should increase overall sales. Between 2006 and 2008, with the introduction of the wii, xbox 360 and the ps3 sales shot up from 41 million to close to 90 million more than two times...I think probably something similar will happen, probably not as much, because a lot of those people are casual players when they bought the wii. If we take the last years xbox 360 figures from 2013 and pick a halfway point between overall sale increase, which is a rather modest estimate we do get a figure of around 9 million. Interestingly enough, in 2008 the ps3 which was the 3rd ranked system for 2008 sold around 10 million, 8-9 million is probably not a bad estimate. I'm inclined to say fewer than 8 million.

A big part of me does think that Xbox1 and the wii u are going to battling it out for second place but until I see data that supports Wii U outselling xbox1, I'm going to assume otherwise.

9M is the safe bet.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

All the great games slated for 2014 should spike the sales to around 10m or more lifetime by the end of 2014.