By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD:Ghosts is embarassing.

lets not limit the title to CODG. BF4 is equally as embarrassing if not more with its 4 hr campaign and horribly buggy MP.  Killzone SF also gets runners up for worst shooter of the year. Worst COD game, KZ and BF game released in the same year. All three series need to retire and give way to Titanfall and Destiny. 

Around the Network
foodfather said:

lets not limit the title to CODG. BF4 is equally as embarrassing if not more with its 4 hr campaign and horribly buggy MP.  Killzone SF also gets runners up for worst shooter of the year. Worst COD game, KZ and BF game released in the same year. All three series need to retire and give way to Titanfall and Destiny. 

I'm sorry to hear that. I also passed on BF4 this year,I really love that series. I'll probably get the next BF  and COD game. I personally,just needed a break from both series.Seriously though 4 hr campaign? I'll still probably end up getting the next bf and cod game when it's all said and done. 

from cod 4 to ghost.........it's out of ghost and black ops 2 for worst to me. but none has been as bad as cod 3..........

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

I do have to admit Treyarch is the better developer for COD. The story was real weak in Ghosts, even Veteran was the easiest of any COD Ive played. Unfortunately they end it with a sequel in mind. : / So I think we will see it again in 2 years.

LiquorandGunFun said:
I do have to admit Treyarch is the better developer for COD. The story was real weak in Ghosts, even Veteran was the easiest of any COD Ive played. Unfortunately they end it with a sequel in mind. : / So I think we will see it again in 2 years.

Well there is different perspectives when thinking about cod developer preference. Firstly, the majority of cod fans don't really are for the implicated story. and I think there is a pretty even seperation of fans that like one multiplayer style over the other.....I typically like infinity ward's games...........ghost was the 1st one I didn't like.

As for the single player fans, I think it is common that people prefer the trearch stories but from what I heard, the recent story by infinity ward was pretty well recieved.

Looking forward to tiatan fall that isn't bothering to even add a campaign furthers shows the broader part of the audience came for multiplayer......

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Around the Network

Yeah, the FPS genre really crumbled under it's own success this gen. I don't even dare to play one (a new one) these days. I hope Destiny gives the genre a much needed quality boost. It's not like the pattern is unheard of though, in every gen the 'popular genre' collapses under it's own weight at the end.

foodfather said:

We must be playing different versions of BF4 because after the last patch I've barely had any problems with bugs.

It's one of the best shooters I've ever played.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Sounds like another once highly regarded series down the crapper thanks to its own popularity, over-milking and the complacency/greed by the devs that follow.. see Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Sonic, etc.. it's becoming a pattern of this industry. It's funny you mention Assassin's Creed because I see that as the next likely canditate to succumb to that pattern. It looks like the decline has already started in fact..

I'm also going to rebuy Blops 2 instead of ever touching this garbage, might as well revisit the series during its prime instead of wasting time on its downfall. I have not played it myself, but my cousin, formally one of the biggest COD fanatics out there, played Ghosts and was completely stunned about how terrible it was. And he tends to be far more forgiving about games than me. He instanstly sold it back and is going to rebuy Blops 2 along with me and we're going to play online like the good ol days, so as to wash out the bad taste left behind with Ghosts.

wick said:
foodfather said:

We must be playing different versions of BF4 because after the last patch I've barely had any problems with bugs.

It's one of the best shooters I've ever played.

One of the best? I personally beg to differ.

Battlefield 3 was a big overhaul in many aspects to Bad Company 2, especially in the graphics and sound, it was certainly a step back in terms of destruction and many gameplay mechanics which was re-introduced in Battlefield 4.

Battlefield 4 for all intents and purposes could have been a Battlefield 3 expansion pack, heck it's what Battlefield 3 should have been.
In the end, they added a number to the end, made another horrible campaign, threw in some new maps and engine-specific features and called it a new game, which then you have to re-buy all the DLC which is probably going to have re-hashed maps from Battlefield 3 anyway and/or Premium.
It's more or less a money grab.
These "Premium/Season Passes" are the cost of what expansion packs used to be, yet offer only 1/10th of the content, yet people still lap it up.

Remember expansion packs? They used to have 10's of hours worth of new single player content, revised multi-player, new assets, art, sound bytes etc'.
Now you just get a few maps for the same cost.

Because companies like EA, Activision and Ubisoft can make Tens of millions/Billions they will keep rehashing the same content over and over again because people keep spending money to support these small incremental releases, thus it's the consumers fault for this situation.
Companies like to make large returns on investment for as little effort and cost as possible.

Some of the best shooters aren't even in the Call of Battlefield: Generic Warfare 78 franchises, it's games like Brothers in Arms, Doom 3, Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Deus Ex, Half Life, Turok... Etc'.
To claim either franchise has a game in the "top of the fps" list is pretty laughable, they are all the same, you just get some smaller regressive or progressive changes in every iteration.

And this is why I don't bother buying into either franchise, I did get Battlefield 3 for free, which is the only reason I own it.

I think one of the other big issues on why these games are so successfull despite being mediocre is the "He has it, so I have to have it" so people can play together and talk about it amongst friends.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I thought there would be real ghosts, but it's only people. I feel tricked.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’