By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you want a GOOD shooter for 3DS?

Shoota ...

Yea? 69 53.49%

No? 60 46.51%

Total:129

IronFall is the answer to this thread.

I know it's 3rd person, but looks very promising.

Other than that, I wouldn't really want to play shooters on the 3DS. The controls of the 3ds don't support a proper 1st person shooter. I know they released COD games on the DS, and I bought World at War DS. It's fun to see a first person shooter operating on the DS, but it was too uncomfortable to play in the end. The next iteration in the DS line (after 3DS) should remedy the control problem. I need two sticks to play shooters.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
KungKras said:
KylieDog said:

Only for people who lack the skills to know better.  Stylus and motion controls are worthless for a shooter.

You seem to be the one lacking the skills to know better.

One analog stick + movement buttons works just as well as two analog sticks. And the Wii pointer is leagues ahead of dual analog sticks if you can configure its sensitivity. It's a lot closer to mouse controls than dual sticks can ever be.

First off, wiimote is crap.  The evidence is in Wii FPS games having a target lock feature, to make up for the fact that aiming and turning are seperate things and you cannot aim exactly where you want while turning.  Is a nice casual alternative control method, but for any serious competitive player it is utter crap.

Using the Turok N64 method leaves the 3DS with L, R, D-pad and touchscreen.  This is not even close to enough button options for modern day FPS titles, plus it removes the movement speed options a stick provides, meaning need another button which as said is already lacking using this method.

The best the 3DS can hope for is a Metroid Prime style, but that is not an FPS and it has a target lock on which is not good for an actual FPS game.

lewis just owned you about the Wiimote controls so I won't humilate you further on that point. 

But as for the turok control scheme. Even without the touch screen, the L-button + R-button + D-pad is more than enough (6 buttons). With eventual weapon switching on the touch pad, it's overwhelmingly enough control option. You're strictly wrong on this.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Only if it works well, which I kind of doubt.

This is why if Metroid comes to the 3DS, it'll be 2D Metroid.

d21lewis said:
KylieDog said:

First off, wiimote is crap.  The evidence is in Wii FPS games having a target lock feature, to make up for the fact that aiming and turning are seperate things and you cannot aim exactly where you want while turning.  Is a nice casual alternative control method, but for any serious competitive player it is utter crap.

Using the Turok N64 method leaves the 3DS with L, R, D-pad and touchscreen.  This is not even close to enough button options for modern day FPS titles, plus it removes the movement speed options a stick provides, meaning need another button which as said is already lacking using this method.

The best the 3DS can hope for is a Metroid Prime style, but that is not an FPS and it has a target lock on which is not good for an actual FPS game.

Those Wii U guys that play Call of Duty Black Ops beg to differ with you.  Also the guys that used the Move to play Killzone 3 on PS3 might want to have a word with you, too.  It's almost an unfair advantage how fast they can get on target without even having to aim down the sights.

Yep, if you have good stamina, you'll slay people with Move. It just wouldnt be fair for a guy using a regular controller. Its too quick and accurate. All you have to do is aim and point, while the guy with the controller has to aim and use the analogs to prepare the sights and shoot.

No.

If you want a shooter on the go - get a Vita. That's what it's perfect for. No reason to force things on the 3DS to get an extremely gimped, barely functional game, just to keep it on 3DS.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
d21lewis said:
KylieDog said:

Those Wii U guys that play Call of Duty Black Ops beg to differ with you.  Also the guys that used the Move to play Killzone 3 on PS3 might want to have a word with you, too.  It's almost an unfair advantage how fast they can get on target without even having to aim down the sights.

Single player video.  Not competitive environment so does nothing to counter my point.  I already pointed it out as a inferior casual alternative.

Posted a different video

I don't want console games on handhelds, thanks.

KylieDog said:
d21lewis said:
KylieDog said:

Single player video.  Not competitive environment so does nothing to counter my point.  I already pointed it out as a inferior casual alternative.

You would want to watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWpL6kXX7SI

MsClasher said:
KylieDog said:
d21lewis said:
KylieDog said:

You would want to watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWpL6kXX7SI

Wii-motes and Move controllers should be banned from competitive console games unless the games were made solely for that style of play. If you have people with controller pads they are at a huge disadvantage. I used to shoot similarly when I used scouts in Counter-Strike on PC when I was younger. Using a motion controls and a mouse pad puts the user at a distinct advantage.

FPS's don't belong on the 3DS because of the terrible controls that exist for it.