By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you want a GOOD shooter for 3DS?

Shoota ...

Yea? 69 53.49%

No? 60 46.51%

Total:129

I want shooters but not TPSes or FPSes, give me some Neo Geo like side scrolling shooters and you got a deal.

Around the Network

I want Timesplitters Goldeneye or PerfectDark (no stupid Zero) most other shooters are a waste of time especially with todays level design....... BORING

KylieDog said:
KungKras said:
KylieDog said:

First off, wiimote is crap.  The evidence is in Wii FPS games having a target lock feature, to make up for the fact that aiming and turning are seperate things and you cannot aim exactly where you want while turning.  Is a nice casual alternative control method, but for any serious competitive player it is utter crap.

Using the Turok N64 method leaves the 3DS with L, R, D-pad and touchscreen.  This is not even close to enough button options for modern day FPS titles, plus it removes the movement speed options a stick provides, meaning need another button which as said is already lacking using this method.

The best the 3DS can hope for is a Metroid Prime style, but that is not an FPS and it has a target lock on which is not good for an actual FPS game.

lewis just owned you about the Wiimote controls so I won't humilate you further on that point. 

But as for the turok control scheme. Even without the touch screen, the L-button + R-button + D-pad is more than enough (6 buttons). With eventual weapon switching on the touch pad, it's overwhelmingly enough control option. You're strictly wrong on this.

D21 did nothing, see my above post.

As for enough buttonsm lets look at Battlefield.

1. Fire
2. ADS
3. Reload
4. Switch standard weapon
5. Grenade
6. Sprint
7. Crouch/Prone
8. Spot/Communicate
9. Gadget 1
10. Gadget 2.
11. Jump.
12. Knife
13. Fire control toggle
14. Acessory switch

Oh right, only more than double what a Turok scheme would leave you with.

There, you can keep being wrong and trying to spread misinformation if you want. But if you want to have any credibility left, you should just stop before it gets embarrassing.

As for that ridiculous control scheme you posted. Most of those are just filler to make each button feel like it's doing something. All you really need is aim + move + shoot + jump + weapon switch.

Great FPS games like Quake III and Unreal tournament would like to have a word with you about how nessecary the bloated control scheme you just posted is.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
oniyide said:
KungKras said:
KylieDog said:
kakmalasch said:
KylieDog said:
First person shooter will not work well on 3DS, lacks a second analogue nub.

mouse > stylo >> motion controls >>> analog sticks

Only for people who lack the skills to know better.  Stylus and motion controls are worthless for a shooter.

You seem to be the one lacking the skills to know better.

One analog stick + movement buttons works just as well as two analog sticks. And the Wii pointer is leagues ahead of dual analog sticks if you can configure its sensitivity. It's a lot closer to mouse controls than dual sticks can ever be.

Or how about if your really good you can play no matter WHAT the control scheme is. Just a thought

If that's your sentiment, why were you dissing the 3DS controls in the first place?

some controls are better than others. I happen the think DS/3ds are the worst of the bunch. its still playable but at that point there are WAY to many better options IMHO

d21lewis said:
oniyide said:
d21lewis said:
There's supposed to be a good TPS coming soon. It's called Ironfall. If it does well, maybe we'll get more.

Personally, I own a Vita and I just don't know if FPS are a good fit for handhelds anymore. I used to buy them for the DS just to see if it could be done but the novelty has worn off, now. On Vita, even if you get an FPS that works well, you have to have Wi Fi to play online and if you're in a place with good Wi Fi, there's a pretty good chance you're in a place with a home console. Why play online on a portable if you have a console?

because only houses have wifi? and there is a 3g version

Yeah, I got the 3G version on day one.  3G is 100% useless for online gaming.  I guess if you want to go to Starbucks or Barnes and Noble and play online it's an option....but are you going to go to McDonald's or spend enough time in a hotel to justify the feature?

ill take your word for it about 3g i got that one, but never set it up. Thing is im barely in my house as it is. My school has a great connection and im there often. Hell I dont even stay at a place where my home consoles are so playing FPSs on Vita is great for me. But if you're not the type of person out like that, then i could see how it would be no benefit. Besides Mercernaries is different enough from KZ2&3 that it justifies its existence even without the portable aspect.

Around the Network

I don't need online multiplayer, just want a good sci-fi shooter. Metroid Prime Hunters and Moon for DS were awesome, something like that for 3DS would be ideal.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

S.T.A.G.E. said:
It would probably sell decently, but if you want major sales the Nintendo crowd is the wrong crowd even on the mighty 3DS.

i would argue not really. best selling one as far as I know was the first COD on DS and sales dropped release after released despite the growing popularity of COD AND DS. 

Yes, if the second joystick was apart of the system. No since It's not. And using the buttons or the pen is horrible. I quit Kid Icarus. I couldn't stand either option.

KylieDog said:
d21lewis said:

Posted a different video

In 3 minutes I see him go 1 on 1 with another player once, he died.  Every other kill was against players not focusing on him, plus it seems to have ADS lock-on still.  I'm failing to see a point on why any of this is meant to be good? 

Meh, you're a known cynic since the days when you had a Jill Valentine avatar.  Anybody can go head to head with anybody and die.  How quickly he aquires a target means nothing to you?  It's just a random video of multi-player I found to show the Wii Remote. 

ah, graphics and online. the two thing nintendo values least of all.