By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you want a GOOD shooter for 3DS?

Shoota ...

Yea? 69 53.49%

No? 60 46.51%

Total:129

I wouldn't play a FPS on the 3DS, I don't even like them on consoles. Only on PC.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
KungKras said:
KylieDog said:

Basic core features are now 'bloat'?  Sorry but you're full of crap.  To quote you  "All you really need is aim + move + shoot + jump + weapon switch."

Really?  You seem to be completely out of touch with modern FPS games. No melee attack at all?  What if someone has 2 bullets left in a gun, do they shoot the two bullets, probably fail to kill and die, or just shoot randomly and hope they don't attract an enemy before it auto-reloads, because according to you a reload button is not needed.

Don't you dare want to crouch and use cover!

Again, go play original Wolfenstein, no vertical aim to 'bloat' your controls with.

It's not me who is out of touch with modern gaming.

It's you who is out of touch with what makes up a good game. That's it. Period.

You seem to think the FPS genre peaked with Quake 3 in 1999.  This kills any reasonable argument you might have had, even if you did present it, which you have not..

And you seem to think that the crap that is out today is what FPS games are all about. Which kills any credibility that you might have had.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I would rather a new IP shooter on Wii U.

On handhelds I already got killzone on VITA so it does me fine lol.

KylieDog said:
RazorDragon said:

Like I said, aim assist changed a lot of things. Now, try giving a PS2/PS1 FPS for your friends and tell me they don't have any issues with the aiming. Sticks are quite awful to play FPSs, it's just that now you don't actually need to aim with them, simply pointing near a target will do the work for you. The main problem is that you can do all of that without the need for aim assist much easier and faster with a mouse, stylus or motion controls.

If aim assist (which most games let you turn off) is the basis of your entire argument then stylus and motion controls are the worse as they have the most aim assist, or rather, complete target lock which is much worse.

I didn't got your argument at all. Not sure which FPS on the DS has aim assist, if you could point me it would be great. Most FPSs on the Wii don't allow for target lock like in Prime 3, and the "Aim Assist" option present on CoD games is disabled in multiplayer games, because, really, it's quite unuseful when you can aim fast and precisely.

AstroGamer said:
i think most of you guys forgot about Cult County, the FPS by Renegade Kid coming out next year for the eShop.
http://www.renegadekid.com/cultcounty.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFpfJDlsido

I came in here to mention this. It'll be the first FPS of note on the 3DS.

In other news, isn't Kid Icarus: Uprising a shooter of sorts? A good online multiplayer one at that.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero