By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you want a GOOD shooter for 3DS?

Shoota ...

Yea? 69 53.49%

No? 60 46.51%

Total:129
KylieDog said:
KungKras said:
KylieDog said:

D21 did nothing, see my above post.

As for enough buttonsm lets look at Battlefield.

1. Fire
2. ADS
3. Reload
4. Switch standard weapon
5. Grenade
6. Sprint
7. Crouch/Prone
8. Spot/Communicate
9. Gadget 1
10. Gadget 2.
11. Jump.
12. Knife
13. Fire control toggle
14. Acessory switch

Oh right, only more than double what a Turok scheme would leave you with.

There, you can keep being wrong and trying to spread misinformation if you want. But if you want to have any credibility left, you should just stop before it gets embarrassing.

As for that ridiculous control scheme you posted. Most of those are just filler to make each button feel like it's doing something. All you really need is aim + move + shoot + jump + weapon switch.

Great FPS games like Quake III and Unreal tournament would like to have a word with you about how nessecary the bloated control scheme you just posted is.

See my above post to D21, it has ADS Lock-on to make up for the controls being inferior compared to DA.  The dev adding this is admitting it is inferior.

You're wrong about buttons, but please keep listing games that are 14 years old and pretend that they apply to modern FPS games.  Wolfenstein didn't let you look up or down, I guess we don't need that in a modern shooter either!

All CoD games have lock on and aim assist even with DA controls. Halo 3 has Aim assist as well. It's that those games are casual and console-damaged FPS games, and has nothing to do with the input hardware.

A great FPS doesn't need all the bloat you listed. A strawman from you is not going to change that.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
Scisca said:
No.

If you want a shooter on the go - get a Vita. That's what it's perfect for. No reason to force things on the 3DS to get an extremely gimped, barely functional game, just to keep it on 3DS.

Hahahaha: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified

Nice try, but it looks like Vita FPS games are the gimped ones.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Scisca said:
No.

If you want a shooter on the go - get a Vita. That's what it's perfect for. No reason to force things on the 3DS to get an extremely gimped, barely functional game, just to keep it on 3DS.

Hahahaha: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified

lol damn, maybe he meant that one OK killzone game?

I wonder what ever happened to that Conduit proof of concept that was developed for the 3DS, it looked promising. But to answer your question, yes, as a 3DS owner I would love to see a few FPS's, personally I'm not worried about multiplayer, would prefer something with an engaging story.

jlmurph2 said:
Jumpin said:
Scisca said:
No.

lol damn, maybe he meant that one OK killzone game?

ignore Jumpin he failed. willfully picking the one with the lowest score but ignoring the one with the best. ironically that game still sold better than most CODs on DS. Either that crowd doesnt care about FPSs that much or...no thats it.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
d21lewis said:
KylieDog said:
d21lewis said:

Posted a different video

In 3 minutes I see him go 1 on 1 with another player once, he died.  Every other kill was against players not focusing on him, plus it seems to have ADS lock-on still.  I'm failing to see a point on why any of this is meant to be good? 

Meh, you're a known cynic since the days when you had a Jill Valentine avatar.  Anybody can go head to head with anybody and die.  How quickly he aquires a target means nothing to you?  It's just a random video of multi-player I found to show the Wii Remote. 

It is the auto-lock when you ADS.

And the 'pixel perfect' aiming in the fist video obviously means nothing to you?

I LOVE ICELAND!

good shooters are not possible on handheld.
Maybe next gen when vita2 has clickable analogue sticks and has 4 shoulder buttons, 2 on either side next to each other.
until then, the best you will get are slow paced shooters.

KylieDog said:
KungKras said:
KylieDog said:

See my above post to D21, it has ADS Lock-on to make up for the controls being inferior compared to DA.  The dev adding this is admitting it is inferior.

You're wrong about buttons, but please keep listing games that are 14 years old and pretend that they apply to modern FPS games.  Wolfenstein didn't let you look up or down, I guess we don't need that in a modern shooter either!

All CoD games have lock on and aim assist even with DA controls. Halo 3 has Aim assist as well. It's that those games are casual and console-damaged FPS games, and has nothing to do with the input hardware.

A great FPS doesn't need all the bloat you listed. A strawman from you is not going to change that.

Basic core features are now 'bloat'?  Sorry but you're full of crap.  To quote you  "All you really need is aim + move + shoot + jump + weapon switch."

Really?  You seem to be completely out of touch with modern FPS games. No melee attack at all?  What if someone has 2 bullets left in a gun, do they shoot the two bullets, probably fail to kill and die, or just shoot randomly and hope they don't attract an enemy before it auto-reloads, because according to you a reload button is not needed.

Don't you dare want to crouch and use cover!

Again, go play original Wolfenstein, no vertical aim to 'bloat' your controls with.

It's not me who is out of touch with modern gaming.

It's you who is out of touch with what makes up a good game. That's it. Period.

I LOVE ICELAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg8hDlolN3U

IronFall: Spring 2013

jabberjawky72 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg8hDlolN3U

IronFall: Spring 2013

thats not really a FPS