By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Low clock speed a challenge for PS4 development too (Project CARS dev)

Tagged games:

They  didn't complain a lot  about the Wii U so  this seems weird.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Driveclub looks better anyway.

Wii U more powerful than PS4 confirmed.

I was planning on getting a CPU with more than just 4 cores because I thought with the new consoles the developers would finally start utilizing more cores to optimize performance. Guess I can hold back on that for a while if this is how the developers feel.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Wii U better version confirmed

Around the Network

Wow since when is this game announced for next gen? I thought it was PS360. Really interested in this!

Also PS3 devs who worked with Cell already have an advantage with PS4 development than devs who didnt work with it like these guys who are not used to multicore development.

8 cores can go up to 2 Ghz each with 8 GB of GDDR5, and having problems ?, noobs

Turkish said:
Wow since when is this game announced for next gen? I thought it was PS360. Really interested in this!

Also PS3 devs who worked with Cell already have an advantage with PS4 development than devs who didnt work with it like these guys who are not used to multicore development.

They dropped the PS360 version weeks ago to just focus in next-gen consoles.

ethomaz said:
Turkish said:

They dropped the PS360 version weeks ago to just focus in next-gen consoles.

Took them long enough lol. Hope its ready before end of next year...

Not unexpected. The console CPUs are really quite weak when compared to even low-mid range PC tech so there are bound to be a few issues when porting PC code.