By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Low clock speed a challenge for PS4 development too (Project CARS dev)

Tagged games:

DeadBigfoot21 said:
Well this thread isn't gonna get many responses...wonder why?

Looks like you're wrong.

Around the Network
DeadBigfoot21 said:

Curl-6 to the rescue! 

I can't carry it for you, thread, but I can carry you!

:P

Hynad said:
fatslob-:O said:
zarx said:

Just implement the AMD mantle then.

Mantle is just bringing PC APIs to the point where console APIs already are.

True but then again consoles also have high level APIs too. 

What do you mean? PS4's GNM is a low level API. Yeah, there's the wrapper API. But coding to the metal is entirely possible on the PS4. Something that isn't entirely possible with the XBO's high level API. Even if MS is touting features that bring the XBO's version of DX11 to "close to metal" level.

True but again all this is the developers choice. GNMX is alot simpler to work with compared to GNM and I'm pretty sure slightly mad studios is the one publishing project CARS by themselves sooo working with mantle is the better idea because it's also more simpler then GNM while getting much better CPU utilization than GNMX. 

KingdomHeartsFan said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

Looks like you're wrong.

Unless they find something to spin it around...i didnt finish my original post. 

Hynad said:

What do you mean? PS4's GNM is a low level API. Yeah, there's the wrapper API. But coding to the metal is entirely possible on the PS4. Something that isn't entirely possible with the XBO's high level API. Even if MS is touting features that bring the XBO's version of DX11 to "close to metal" level.

True but again all this is the developers choice. GNMX is alot simpler to work with compared to GNM and I'm pretty sure slightly mad studios is the one publishing project CARS by themselves sooo working with mantle is the better idea because it's also more simpler then GNM while getting much better CPU utilization than GNMX. 

Sure, it's simpler. But it's not like GNM is complicated to begin with. ¬_¬

One being simpler doesn't make the other "very complicated".

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Hynad said:

Nonetheless isn't slightly mad studios a small developer self publishing the game so wouldn't it be more cost effective to use mantle ? My point exactly ... 

Hynad said:
Hynad said:

Nonetheless isn't slightly mad studios a small developer self publishing the game so wouldn't it be more cost effective to use mantle ? My point exactly ... 

Yeah, it would be less expensive for them to just produce it for a single platform... Because the slightly more complicated PS4 makes development cost, like, quadruple. Why? I don't know. You tell me. ¬_¬

The return on investment will be more than worth it.

Hynad said:

Yeah, it would be less expensive for them to just produce it for a single platform... Because the slightly more complicated PS4 makes development cost, like, quadruple. Why? I don't know. You tell me. ¬_¬

It sounds like you admitted defeat. 

Hynad said:

It sounds like you admitted defeat. 

It's not a competition. There's nothing to win or lose. Why do you feel like you're winning something? You're just being uselessly unreasonable.

Your kind is one of the worse.

Just released, and they already suck =/

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.