By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Microsoft outshipping SONY in the U.S.?

Tagged games:

I went to Best Buy and Target a couple days ago to finish the last of my Christmas shopping and all I was was Xbox Ones. There were so many X1s in Target that they had to make extra space for them. A BestBuy, it was the same and they even had little signs all over the store entrance and at the checkout area saying that X1s were in stock. PS4 on the other hand, had NOTHING in either store. I took some pics in Target, covertly of course, with plenty of stealth somersaults as not to look strange taking pictures of store products.

So, how is it in your area? Have you seen ANY PS4s around? I know Amazon got a bunch of PS4s, but they also got a bunch of X1s as well, so why aren't there a bunch of PS4s in stores?

They even had to put some under PS3 games!

And heres the small PS4 section (upper left of the glass case) at the Super Target in my area. Lol, I was so stealth, the dude playing with the PS4 display didn't even notice me trying to take pics behind him.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

Add To America to the Title.

And you could very well be correct.

Because sony is shipping consoles to over 40 countries and microsoft is only shipping to 13. Sony is just simply stretched thinner than microsoft. Im sure they are shipping slightly more than microsoft overall, but we are getting more x1's stateside.

I've been working at 4 different best buy locations and this does seem to be the case, but there are some PS4's going on sale today. Also the Xone stock seems to be staying longer than PS4 stock, don't know if that is quantity or demand issue. I have seen a lot Wii U's being sold as well. We'll see after today how well the PS4 sells at these locations and if it completely sells out of stock quickly. Xone definitely seems to be shipping more though.

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Target? Psh, who shops there?

Around the Network

What gergroy said.. Sony is shipping consoles in more countries than M$ so it would make sense that there wouldn't be lots of PS4 in stores.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The fact that there are so many more Xbos xone on the shelves then PS4 must be Microsofts greatest triumph

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

This is how it looked on friday in the Saturn in my city, Gamestop had some as well, I've yet to see a PS4 in a store. But on a worldwide basis I'd guess both are shipping about the same amount. 

I see the Dutch webstores and websites of real stores cannot guarantee units in december.

The Xbox1 has not launched here.

''Hadouken!''

probably in the US, after all Sony is catering to like 4 times more countries than microsoft right now.