By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Microsoft outshipping SONY in the U.S.?

Tagged games:

Would love for any of my local Targets to get some PS4s today. With Target giving 10% off this weekend, my wife's 5% off from her Target debit card, and my brother's 10% employee discount I'd be getting 2 PS4s for around $600.00. But I was working on PS4 launch day and I've yet to see any in stock at any retailer.

Around the Network
Adinnieken said:
rutea7 said:
probably in the US, after all Sony is catering to like 4 times more countries than microsoft right now.

Your math sucks.

52 = 4x

48 = 3.69x

Part of launching is knowing how well you can supply the countries you launch in.  What's the point in launching in 48 countries if you can't support 48 countries with supply?

wow, talk about petty.

To the op:
Did you ever see the Christmas movie "Jingle all the way"?

PS4 = Turbo Man
Xbone = Booster

HipHopGodd said:
Would love for any of my local Targets to get some PS4s today. With Target giving 10% off this weekend, my wife's 5% off from her Target debit card, and my brother's 10% employee discount I'd be getting 2 PS4s for around $600.00. But I was working on PS4 launch day and I've yet to see any in stock at any retailer.

That 10% off for the weekend does not include Xbox Ones, PS4s or video games. Trust me, I would have went and bought an Xbox one for $425 yesterday if they'd allow it(10% off + 5% target card discount). Always read the fine print... :-/

Blood_Tears said:
To the op:

PS4 = Turbo Man
Xbone = Booster

Only 78,000 times. It was made in Minnesota after all.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

This is how it looked on friday in the Saturn in my city, Gamestop had some as well, I've yet to see a PS4 in a store. But on a worldwide basis I'd guess both are shipping about the same amount. 

I was in Berlin Last weekend. Can't remember the name of the store but they had a lot more xbox ones gathering dust than in your photo.

Same in Paris. Europe don't seem that interested in the xbone at the moment. Probably waiting for a price cut or simply don't want it right now. Either that or MS has really shipped a whole lot to Europe.

These units should be in N.America.

pezus said:

"like 4 times more" can easily be interpreted as 3.69. Now let it go, because you're nitpicking something for apparently no reason.

Xbox isn't nearly as much of a worldwide brand as Playstation. Sorry to break it to you. Those 13 countries represent the vast majority of Xbox sales while they don't have as big of a part of Playstation's pie. And apparently MS's excuse was that Kinect couldn't be localized for more markets in time.

Wait.  I'm nitpicking?  However, when I suggest that if the Xbox One was released world-wide and was unable to meet demands you respond to that by saying the Xbox One isn't a world-wide brand and that Kinect couldn't be localized for more markets.  And, you missed the hypothetical point completely.

Another saying is fight fire with fire and you're doing it.  You're just dong it wrong.  If you think I'm nitpicking, don't turn around and nitpick my points.  Argue them based on the merits of the argument.

The fact is, if Microsoft had launched world-wide and failed to meet the demand, you would be one of the first ones to sit and comment how they failed.  Yet, the fact that Sony can't meet the demand is a sign of success to you.  If Sony couldn't meet the demand of the initial launch countries, then how do you think it'll meet the demand of the 48 territories it's in now or the additional territories it plans to be in early 2014?

For better or worse, Microsoft is in a smaller number of markets, which allows it to ensure that it has units available in those territories where it has shipped.      

adriane23 said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Add To America to the Title.

And you could very well be correct.

Good point. Added.

I do wonder at what rate these places are selling out of the consoles (and how fast they are replinishing the supply).

December and January US numbers will be very interesting.  I cannot wait until production finally outpaces demand and we get a much more clear picture.

adriane23 said:
Blood_Tears said:
To the op:

PS4 = Turbo Man
Xbone = Booster

Only 78,000 times. It was made in Minnesota after all.

Nice!  I didn't know that. I love that movie, especially when Arnold yells through the phone "Put dat cookie down!! Now!!"   :)

Certain parts of the US probably.

The Xbone I saw in Best Buy two days after launch is still the only Xbone I have seen at retail. I have seen plenty of PS4's, even bought 3 to resell. Would have done the same with Xbone, but can't resell what you can't buy.

I love in a college town with 4 colleges nearby though, so I don't expect my individual results to be the norm for the entire country.