By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The OP should replace the picture, because it makes the game look like shit.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
The OP should replace the picture, because it makes the game look like shit.

Agreed. I'll quote him some good ones.

gentii said:

Mario Kart 8 looks fucking Phenomenal! When somebody ask me this Christmas who has a next gen game. I will say Nintendo and MK8!!!

Dude, the game looks great but that's not a good pic to use. 

Here's some better ones:

For those saying it doesn't look that good there are a couple of points I'd like to make. Firstly when comparing I hope we are only comparing Mario Kart Wii U to other cart racers because comparing to something like Forza is beyond pointless.

Secondly if Sonic is the likely contender there are a few things to keep in mind. Sonic All-Stars racing came out on a number of platforms, including PC, so take screen-shots with a grain of salt. The only console version of Sonic All-Stars racing that runs at 720p is the PS3 version, which according to DF, runs at 20-30 fps. Assuming the same level of visual fidelity, which i'd argue is not the case, there is a far cry between stable 60fps and a game that can't maintain 30fps.

Lastly, most of the screens we have so far are from E3 2013, nearly a year out from the game's likely release. We have seen time and time again that Nintendo tends to add their visual polish quite late in the dev cycle.

I'd like to finish by saying I don't actually care, for a game like Mario Kart the Wii graphics were actually good enough. I'll be pleased as long as we get a great iteration of this great franchise, including great track design, hopefully selectable weapons, better balance between cars and bikes, toning down of some of the super weapons and a kick-ass battle mode like back in the N64 days.

Around the Network

The game looks much better in motion.

Nsanity said:

The game looks much better in motion.

Plus it runs at 60fps, which isn't evident on youtube, (which I believe is 30fps capped) but will make a considerable difference on a TV screen.

curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

LOL Mario kart has always been the game you play with your friends on the couch with. Its been tradition for like what twenty years now?

Other games have interrupted its rule in my living room from time to time; recently 3D World. ;)

All Nintendo games work in perfect harmony in the living room. People can watch you play them and still have fun. Its not like Playstation and Xbox games were unless you're playing lan or two players you just dont get that classic feeling. Everything is a clash.

kanageddaamen said:
Soleron said:
Naum said:

Glider

underwater driving

hoovercraft

are just some things that MKWii didnt have

And that gets you excited enough to put down another $60?

They also have all new tracks, and a new vehicle type.  The anti-grav sections alone are enough to warent purchase as it will allow for track designs that were impossible before.

So:
Improved Graphics
Underwater Driving
Glider
Anti-grav Hovercraft sections
Probably 16 new tracks and 16 remade tracks
New vehicle type
New Multiplayer modes (presumably)
Perhaps expanded roster

Definitely worth 60 bucks to me

Add UFOs as vehicles to that list.

sabastian said:

Well I may have to question some of this,

So:

Improved Graphics- This is given, Its a new console.
Underwater Driving - I bought my son MK7 for the 3DS and it has underwater driving already.
Glider-  Again, this is also included in MK7 3DS.
Anti-grav Hovercraft sections-  New to the series, but Wipeout have been doing this for ages (so has F-Zero)
Probably 16 new tracks and 16 remade tracks- "PROBABLY" not fact.
New vehicle type- Lets hope so.
New Multiplayer modes (presumably)- Indeed "presumably"
Perhaps expanded roster- Again "perhaps" 

Definitely worth 60 bucks to me - To each their own I guess.

So you only buy games that feature a brand new type of gameplay that has never been seen before?  Wow, that's very interesting.

Oh wait, I just went through your game collection on your profile:

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (PS3)

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)

SSX (PS3)

Resistance 3 (PS3)

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)

God of War III (PS3)

Killzone 3 (PS3)

All seven of them are at least the third sequel in the intellectual property. But yet, you can't understand why anyone would want a new Mario Kart.

You say "to each their own," yet you feel the need to come and troll the Nintendo forums. I miss the days when trolls actually put some effort into it.