By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New bar for all 3rd party??? THQ Wii's Exclusive Game: Deadly Creatures

Really a new bar?& is that Xbox 360 or PS3???? Unreal 3 on Wii???

THQ Inc. (NASDAQ:THQI) today announced Deadly Creatures(TM), an original action thriller title coming exclusively to the Nintendo Wii console in 2008. Developed internally by THQ’s critically acclaimed Rainbow Studios, Deadly Creatures throws players into a venomous world of desert terror, where the greatest victory is survival. Players will follow the entwined adventures of an armored scorpion and a stealthy tarantula as they struggle against a variety of creatures including vicious Gila monsters, tarantula wasps, black widows, and the most dangerous predator of all - Man. Deadly Creatures takes full advantage of the Wii’s unique motion-based control scheme and allows players to fully experience every pounce and tail sting.

“Deadly Creatures is an amazingly innovative game concept, and exemplifies THQ’s commitment to creating original new IP for the Nintendo Wii platform,” said Randy Shoemaker, director of global brand management, THQ. “With Deadly Creatures, we are raising the bar for all 3rd party Wii titles, and focusing on deep, compelling gameplay for a largely untapped audience of Wii gamers.”

“Deadly Creatures is a creepy, cinematic thrill ride, where the distinction between predator and prey can shift around every corner,” said Nick Wlodyka, executive producer and general manager, Rainbow Studios. “With brutal motion-controlled combat, a dark, compelling story and some of the best visuals to date on the Wii, we are excited to bring Deadly Creatures to a large core Wii audience that hungers for a new experience.”

About Deadly Creatures

Deadly Creatures is a 3rd person action thriller set amidst a desert world of venomous terror, built exclusively for the Nintendo Wii. Players will control an armored Scorpion and a deadly Tarantula as they fight for survival against Gila monsters, lizards, black widows and many more terrifying creatures. Featuring intuitive motion controls and a deep combo-based combat system, Deadly Creatures is a thrilling mix of brutal creature-crushing action and suspenseful exploration of vast 360 degree desert and man-made environments. Gamers will explore this darkly compelling story through the eyes of two of the world’s most deadly creatures.

http://www.thq.com/games/gameinfo.php?id=1315 

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

Around the Network

Wow! I hope that game is as good as it looks--cuz that loks and sounds amazing! Go THQ!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

looks like a cool game

dfasdfjlhsadjfhsjdlfhsdkljhfsdjskhfskdjhfjskdhfksdjkfhsjdkfjskdhfdsfsdf
df

Frickin Sweet! I saw the pictures over at Gonintendo.com but completely skipped past them since it looked like a cut scene from a bad movie. I had no idea it was a Wii game... LOL Now I'm interested!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

Looks pretty interesting. I hope it turns out great.

Sounds like an NES game.

I mean that as a compliment by the way.

Looks like this has a lot of potential. Lets see if they deliver.

Looks interesting. Not sure if it's my type of game though. On my "alert list."

Bizarre is what it is. I like it! But I'm not sure what 'Wii market' they are aiming for with this one. Just who is the target audience? Sure will be interesting to watch though.

Gamerace said:
Bizarre is what it is. I like it! But I'm not sure what 'Wii market' they are aiming for with this one. Just who is the target audience? Sure will be interesting to watch though.

Quirky, original and innovative isn't the 'Wii market'? I don't really see it being aimed at the PS360 'market' either unlesss the spider and scorpion pull out a gun at some point.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"