By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New bar for all 3rd party??? THQ Wii's Exclusive Game: Deadly Creatures

gamingdevil said:
Wait a sec... those pics aren't in-game right?

Pretty much. There's a video floating somewhere - more o f a teaser and doesn't really show it off. I guess they're saving the real deal for GDC.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

/waits for KoW's comment with gleeful anticipation.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

you can see the trailer here:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/852/852222p1.html

and i don't know if that was all ingame or just a cut scene. but if that's ingame the game is going to look very, very nice.

all in all, i'm going to at least rent this based on the premise alone. we'll see how it does. to all the people hating? jeez what next? first it's the wii doesn't have any games, then it's the wii only has nintendo games/sequels, the it's 3rd parties don't sell want to develop new IPs on the wii....

and now it's oh this game is going to suck because of the 3rd party team developing it.

hey at least SOMEBODY out there is trying to do something different on the wii and in games in general.

Because we all know how the world needs another, mature, bloody, shoot em up, frag, fest where the brooding, uber cool hero, talks smack, doesn't believe in himself, wants to prove himself, etc. to the world.

damn the wii just can't do right by some people

www.talkxbox.com - It is what it is!

Stuff like this is the greatest strength of the Wii. Who would be crazy enough to make a game like this on the HD consoles?

Not sure if I'm personally interested in this game, but it might be good. Can't help but agree with everyone who found the developer's previous credentials questionable in quality. =/

the game looks sweet i hope it delivers

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Excuse me for wanting games of quality on my Wii. When I say I want third party support, I mean GOOD third party support. THQ never aims for the fences on any of it's games. This game proves it. You guys are eating up the controls, saying it's intuitive and creative, when nobody outside of the developers have actually played it yet. You watched a trailer. Look at the audacity of the topic maker himself. "Raising the bar for Wii 3rd party support", "Unreal Engine 3 on Wii", "Is this 360 or PS3 quality". This is a diservice to the Wii for having this nonsense and a diservice to other third parties putting in a real effort. If THQ was planning on making a killer application for the Wii, they wouldn't have used Rainbow Studios to make it. A developer is only as good as their past work. This is a site of facts and figures, so I'm going by straight statistics here. you are all ogling over the pretty pictures and calling it a day. I am being objective, and not letting a press release warp my vision of what is obviously just another mediocre game from THQ. Did you really think they were going to knock this game? Did you think they werent going to use the highest quality images and a touched up video to present this game with? I'll show you all what I mean. Here's every game Rainbow Studios has developed and you be the judge:

1. Playstation 2: Splashdown (2001) 84
Infogrames

2. Playstation 2: ATV Offroad Fury (2001) 82
Sony Computer Entertainment

3. Playstation 2: ATV Offroad Fury 2 (2002) 82
Sony Computer Entertainment America

4. Xbox: MX Unleashed (2004) 81
THQ

5. Playstation 2: MX Unleashed (2004) 80
THQ

6. Playstation 2: Splashdown: Rides Gone Wild (2003) 80
THQ

7. Xbox: MX vs. ATV Unleashed (2005) 80
THQ

8. Playstation 2: MX vs. ATV Unleashed (2005) 79
THQ

9. Xbox: Splashdown (2002) 78
Infogrames / Atari

10. Playstation 2: Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 (2002) 76
Activision

11. Xbox: Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 (2002) 75
Activision

12. Playstation 2: Star Wars Racer Revenge (2002) 73
LucasArts

13. PC Games: MX vs. ATV Unleashed (2006) 71
THQ

14. GameCube: Cars (2006) 71
THQ

15. Playstation 2: Cars (2006) 71
THQ

16. Xbox 360: MX vs. ATV Untamed (2007) 71
THQ

17. GameCube: Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 (2002) 70
Activision

18. Xbox: Cars (2006) 70
THQ

19. Playstation 3: MX vs. ATV Untamed (2007) 70
THQ

20. Nintendo DS: Cars Mater-National (2007) 69
THQ

21. Sony PSP: MX vs. ATV Unleashed: On the Edge (2006) 68
THQ

22. Playstation 2: Cars Mater-National (2007) 67
THQ

23. Wii: Cars (2006) 65
THQ

24. Playstation 3: Cars Mater-National (2007) 62
THQ

25. Xbox 360: Cars Mater-National (2007) 57
THQ

26. Playstation 2: MX vs. ATV Untamed (2007) 52
THQ

27. PC Games: Cars Mater-National (2007) xx
THQ

28. Wii: Cars Mater-National (2007) xx
THQ

Yep that's right. Nothing but racing games. Nothing but average racing games. This is a studio that makes absolutely nothing but racers, and still can't learn from it's mistakes and make a great one. You're telling me that they can switch genres, make a much larger project and have it come out halfway decent? The facts do not lie. Anyone thinking that THQ can offer support as a developer can think again. Here's the top 5 developed by THQ's internal studio:

1. Playstation 2: Nicktoons Movin' (EyeToy) (2004) 75
THQ

2. GameBoy Advance: SpongeBob Squarepants: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman (2002) 71
THQ

3. GameBoy Advance: Monster House (2006) 69
THQ

4. GameBoy Advance: Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island (2006) 69
THQ

5. PC Games: SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, Pants! (2005) 68
THQ

Top 5 Wii games published in 2007:

13. Wii: Barnyard (2006) 65
THQ

14. Wii: Cars (2006) 65
THQ

12. Wii: Ratatouille (2007) 62
THQ

6. Wii: WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2008 (2007) 59
THQ

10. Wii: Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Burning Earth (2007) 58
THQ

The only platform that THQ puts TRUE quality in is the PC. S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Company of Heroes, Warhammer 40,000, Supreme Commander, all quality. THQ's console efforts are the bread and butter behind their quality PC efforts. If anyone wants to call me defensive, angry, and unnecessarily bitter again, back it up with facts and figures, not photoshopped trailers of games about arachnids fighting gila monsters.

Oh and BTW, yes i've played Cars through a demo disc from Official U.S. Playstation Magazine right before they stopped packaging the discs, thank you very much. It's 20 minutes of my life i'll never get back. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

You're really taking this game's existence as a personal offense. And all we have are screens and a teaser trailer. I'm not sure there's that much there to get this worked up about.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I'm so going to laugh at people who doubted this game if it become really original and awesome.

It sure looks interesting... I'm not sure I would pick it up because I hate spiders and I'm terrified by scorpios. >_

ClaudeLv250 said:
You're really taking this game's existence as a personal offense. And all we have are screens and a teaser trailer. I'm not sure there's that much there to get this worked up about.

Thank you. My point exactly. You're all getting so hyped and worked up over a teaser trailer and a press release involving a tarantula and a scorpion vs. gila monsters and insects. It wasn't me who claimed this was of 360 and PS3 quality, or that it looked like it was using the Unreal 3 Engine, or that it was setting a new bar for Wii third party games, it was the topic maker. I'll give you guys another way to look at it. If this we're coinciding with some Pixar movie, you wouldn't have given it a second look. That's all this game really looks like is some Disney manufactured animal vs. animal vs. man movie which is what THQ builds it's mediocre lineup around. I'm calling it like I see it. PS3 is getting Metal Gear Solid 4, 360 is getting Ninja Gaiden 2, and Wii is getting Deadly Creatures. Wow!

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

So, people stating that the game looks interesting is now "getting so hyped and worked up"? Really? Cause from where I am sitting (at a desk) it seems that the most worked up person here is you my friend.

No reason to hate a game that isn't out yet, just let folks get interested, and they'll let you be interested in your MGS4 and NG2, I promise.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!