By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New bar for all 3rd party??? THQ Wii's Exclusive Game: Deadly Creatures

ilovetogame said:
@ tendou:
why do you think its weird that wii owners want good graphics in their games instead of the ps2-level graphical crap that most 3rd parties have been putting out? its not like suddenly for the first time ever gamers don't care about graphics. wii owners just realize that graphics aren't everything. but its not like they are less important than they were in any other generation. games on the wii should still push its limits graphically just like games on any other system should.

There's nothing wrong with wanting good graphics but it's a trend I've noticed that whenever a Wii title presents decent visuals, certain people go out of their way to emphasize that particular aspect - sometimes even more than it deserves. There's no need for that kind of insecurity. Just don't listen to those who try to downplay the system's graphical capabilities.

Your logic is flawed. There is no doubt that this game's graphical achievements so far are beyond most, if not all of the 3rd party efforts from 2007. I find it strange that people are pretending like a Wii game actually looking good for a change is somehow this huge sin because the platform itself is not about the graphics. Are people so insecure about their HD console purchase that the second a Wii game gets praised in the graphics department, everyone must be upon it with a blunt object? No, this isn't threatening the best of the PS360 but I don't see why it's a crime to comment on or even be impressed by a good looking game like this when basically all we have to judge it on are looks from the 5 or 6 screens and trailer.

The thing is, a lot of times I see people criticizing visuals of a Wii game as a reply to people undeservingly praising it. Of course you also have those who find it amusing to roam the web in order to downplay the graphics in every single game, which in turn makes the system's loyal followers go into defense mode. It's cause and effect really.

It seems to me that people are underestimating the console's capabilities to such an extent that whenever a game such as this one gets shown, they automatically have to praise it's visuals. Are people actually impressed by them in this day and age? From what I know these type of graphics are well within the console's range. I'll go even further and state that I wouldn't be impressed by them if the game was released in the previous generation in this state.

It looks decent. No more, no less. You'll see much better. There's nothing "wow" about this - not in relation to todays graphical standards nor of those of the Wii.

Around the Network

I'm sick and tired of people who deny the Wii the right to have good looking games...

If you look at the PS2 history, most of the really best and impressive games have been released between 2004 and 2007, when 3rd parties finally knew exactly how to get the best out of it...

We all know the Gamecube was superior to the PS2, and Wii is superior to Cube, so after now one or two years, some devs will find the way to get the best out of it... sure, it won't be in 1080p... but nice graphics in 480p with a smooth framerate may already look very nice, even more with some "artistic" design, so what? Where's the problem?

We all want good-looking games, all gamers are the same, Wii buyers are no different... till now, most of the first 3rd party Wii games didn't push the hardware, because....

1) Nobody knew the Wii would have such a success, so small budgets for the early Wii titles...

2) Devs were so busy figuring how to program for such a different console that they didn't take the usual available time for the game design and the graphics quality only...

3) They were crap released by crappy devs...

Now, they have the time, now, they know the hardware a little better (no experience on the Cube for most of them)... now they have more pro tools in their hands to make it easier... and maybe they'll have a correct budget too... and just as with PS2, the graphics will improve over the years...

If the 100 million Sony userbase was satisfied with the games they had for the last 10 years, the Wii userbase has all the reasons to be satisfied with the actual quality, wich can only get better and better, on the graphics side as on the controls side...

"HD fanboys" should actually play their beloved consoles, rather than posting anti-Wii comments as it's their most important hobby ever...

Let us get excited about new games comin', and try to be positive, cos' some of these could be too handsome to be missed... at least when you're open-minded gamer who appreciates quality and innovation...

It's not about "casual" or "hardcore", it's all about taste... and some Wii games already taste delicious... with many, many more to come, whether you like it or not...

Now, maybe this one will be crap too... who knows... but THQ is not the worst dev in the world, so let's stay honest, and give this game a chance to prove it's worth our precious money... THAT, at least, doesn't cost a cent to any of us...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

68soul,

I agree with various points in your post, but it's no use playing the victim.

I don't think anyone has a problem with the Wii having good looking games, but you should understand that even the best visuals on the system won't be qualified as being impressive in this day and age.

I've seen people downplaying CoD4's graphics, so this isn't exclusive to the Wii in any way. Being impressed by visuals is a rare thing these days.

In all honesty, I've managed to lose track of my initial point - which was addressed and misinterpreted earlier in this thread. I managed to get myself into a discussion I have no real interest in. I apologize for this...

I hope this game turns out to be good if not i will mean that 3 parties are still not supporting the wii correctly.

famousringo said:
Onyxmeth said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
You're really taking this game's existence as a personal offense. And all we have are screens and a teaser trailer. I'm not sure there's that much there to get this worked up about.

Thank you. My point exactly. You're all getting so hyped and worked up over a teaser trailer and a press release involving a tarantula and a scorpion vs. gila monsters and insects. It wasn't me who claimed this was of 360 and PS3 quality, or that it looked like it was using the Unreal 3 Engine, or that it was setting a new bar for Wii third party games, it was the topic maker. I'll give you guys another way to look at it. If this we're coinciding with some Pixar movie, you wouldn't have given it a second look. That's all this game really looks like is some Disney manufactured animal vs. animal vs. man movie which is what THQ builds it's mediocre lineup around. I'm calling it like I see it. PS3 is getting Metal Gear Solid 4, 360 is getting Ninja Gaiden 2, and Wii is getting Deadly Creatures. Wow!

Dude, you're getting more excited about this than anybody else here.

We get it. You're not interested. That's okay. You're the most aggressively non-interested person I've seen in a long time. Maybe you should channel that energy into something constructive.

So what? It's obviously given all of you a rise to hear what I have to say. Otherwise you would ignore what I post instead of egging me on further.

This whole topic reminds me of the joke of Ninjabread Man. Everyone would claim it to be the most hyped third party game, jokingly of course, until it's grand failure when it hit retail. It's just like that, except you're all serious about this game. I mean come on "New bar for all 3rd Party" is REALLY stretching it. Someone already commented how much of a disservice that is to the quality 3rd party titles Wii has and is expecting. There are SO many other games that deserve the attention you're giving this game. This is actually the second of two topics it has recieved, based off of the same press release from THQ.

I may not be interested in the game, but my reaction was not to the game, but to the reaction this game was getting from forum members. If you want quality 3rd party for Wii then why not make topics about games that have a fighting chance of being something? THQ is a company that laughs in your face as it shovels out junk for consoles. They are responsible for so much of the shovelware Wii has in it's lineup already. There shouldn't be support for them, they should be ignored.

Why not hype up the next Tales of Symphonia, or Baroque, or Opoona, the Okami port, Alone in the Dark, Blast Works, Boom Blox, Harvest Moon Heroes, Rygar: the Battle of Argus, LEGO Indiana Jones, Samba De Amigo Wii, Emergency Mayhem, Guitar Hero III: Aerosmith, Monster Lab, Top Spin Tennis, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Deca Sports, Castle Shikigami 3, Don King Presents: Prizefighter, Facebreaker, LEGO Batman, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Space Station Tycoon, Rock Band, and We Love Golf? Even THQ has better titles coming out. Both Band Mashups and de Blob deserve more attention than this garbage. 

If you want better Wii support, then stop settling for mediocrity.  

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Calm down man, this is not even remotely worth getting rilled up over, its a game...about arachnids. Seriously, what does it matter if people think the initial screenshots look good, does that hurt you somehow? So what if people think that the concept is cool sounding, will that cause you some sort of physical anguish?

All we have here are a few people with some cautious optimism regarding a game that could be really fun and original (or could, very easily, be absolute tripe), and you stand here telling us that we are WRONG? We are wrong to hope that this game delivers? We are wrong to hope that a third party has decided to try something new, to break the mold of generic, mediocre FPS and to give us something that has not been tried before? How is that a bad thing?

You need to open up your eyes to how you are looking in this thread, friend, because you have past the land of simple naysayer some time ago, and are on the fast track to looking like a bit of a douchesteak. Just saying.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

ctk495 said:
I hope this game turns out to be good if not i will mean that 3 parties are still not supporting the wii correctly.

well he said that it will be good i hope he keeps to his word

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

double post sorry

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Onyxmeth said:
Ummm...I swear you guys will eat up any PR nonsense if there's any hope it will prove there's actually a quality third party title arriving on the Wii. Don't worry however. Screenshots don't make a game good. Wait till you see this game in motion. Those Pixar pictures will not hold up. The Wii doesn't have the power to put out those graphics. I'm embarassed you're all excited about a game being developed by Rainbow Studios and published by THQ. Rainbow Studios only makes racing games first of all. Second of all, none of them are any good. Third of all, they're most famous for the MX vs. ATV series and the game Cars. Yes you heard right. Cars! Like as in the Pixar movie game adaptation! You think they've suddenly had a talent boost because they came up with the "incredible" idea of letting you play as a tarantula and a scorpion? This is mediocrity in the making, and you can quote me on that. Never will we be looking back in videogame history and saying to ourselves "God I hope THQ remakes that awesome tarantula game". Never.

You tell Wii fans to wait until we see it in motion before we get excited, yet you're basically implying that this game will be bad, based off what? Maybe you're the one who should wait and see before judging. I love how some people just can't let Wii fans get hyped for 3rd party games.

To me, this game looks (and sounds) pretty damn good judging from the ign article. I'll have to know more before I commit, but so far it's looking good. If nothing else, I'm glad 3rd parties are at least beginning to push the envelope in terms of Wii's graphic capabilities.

First off when Nintendo fans see a game that look half way decent from a 3rd part developer we get excited or at least me since I can not talk about everyone. This could be a half decent games and even if the game is not up to what we want it to be it could still be better then half the crap that been made for the Wii. Developers do not put effort into making there games so they all come out like shit!. Just look at some of the games that are comming out. I mean they look like shit so anything half decent will be better this crap!

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Ninja Reflex

WWII Aces

MX vs ATV: Untamed

Take a look at these games already out for the Wii

Rig Racer 2

Cruis'n

Balls of Fury

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Alien Syndrome

So as you can see a lot of games look like crap and made with no effort into them to make them good. So like I said if the game is half decent, then it should look better and be a better game http://youtube.com/watch?v=rwSJX1jdJFw