By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fight: Gran Turismo 6 vs Project CARS @ Bathurst Circuit * You Will Be Surprised *

Tagged games:

what i always wonder about, which racing series do you watch to "know" always so good if tracks are more accurate in gran turismo or another racing game? serious question since i'm a big racing game fan but couldn't tell you if bathurst has more realistic elevation in gran turismo, forza, project cars or another game since i don't watch every racing series to know much about every track on this planet.

saw few videos about bathurst in the past but surely not enough to know out of my head how every corner or whatever looks. but you are always like "more accurate in gran turismo". not that i would doubt it since they probably also invested much more in the game but i just can't believe that you always really know it with every track.

about the comparison: the pc that guy has is also not very impressive so that i am not surprised that project cars doesn't look on his pc as it will look on someones pc who really cares about graphics on pc. 

and if we talk about simulation, i think project cars will lose against gt and will lose hard against some pc sims but i never played project cars so that this is only a guess from what i saw in videos and could be totally wrong in the end.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Nsanity said:

Thanks.

Same here... GT6 seems to have the overall edge.

While i thought GT6 looked better in the first video, it looks considerably worse in that one :/ Especially the AA, the jaggies really bring attention to the fact it's a game. The interior detail in pCars is also a mile and a half better.

Chrizum said:
ethomaz said:
Nsanity said:

Thanks.

I know I shouldn't do this, but surely you can't be serious. I mean even for you... the difference is night and day. And there's no shame in it really as it would be impossible for a PS3 game to match this kind of graphical fidelity. Even more so considering GT6 isn't even top tier on PS3. There are many games on the console that trump GT6 in the graphics department.

Phew, I thought for a moment I was taking crazy pills. If i was to give GT6 the nod anywhere it would probably be in frame rate, it does seem to run a little smoother, at least in the first video.

Besides that Project Cars has:

Better resolution

Better textures

Better geometry (actually has some track-side detail, no angles at the apexes and trees aren't just amorphous blobs)

Better and more realistic ighting (GT6 looks very flat in comparison)

Feedback I'll concede didn't really pay attention and I'm struggling to see how you can see at difference in the track topography, and I know both of these tracks well.

The differences are even more stark in the second video. All in all both do the job but in no way, shape or form could you say, based on those videos, that GT6 looks better.

ethomaz said:
Nsanity said:

Thanks.

Nsanity said:

I'm being serious... you can check my points.

Around the Network

Project CARS doesn't have real tracks due to limited budget they have tracks that are very similar to real life tracks but don't use the real names because they can't afford to pay for the license fee so of course Bathurst should look better in GT6.

Ha who cares Forza 5 is where it's at. Lol jk.

NobleTeam360 said:
Ha who cares Forza 5 is where it's at. Lol jk.

I'm sure its the only racing game that curently has a laser scanned version of the track.  Anyway the tracks in Project CARS aren't very accurate since they are only based on real tracks and not the real deal since they can't afford the license fee due to a limited budget.

ethomaz said:

Chrizum said:

I know I shouldn't do this, but surely you can't be serious. I mean even for you... the difference is night and day. And there's no shame in it really as it would be impossible for a PS3 game to match this kind of graphical fidelity. Even more so considering GT6 isn't even top tier on PS3. There are many games on the console that trump GT6 in the graphics department.

The same points I explained to the other video are valids for that one...

+ More accurate track with the right elevations (topography)
+ Better lighting
+ Better suspension feedback

BTW the popip reflexion and stuffs on teh track in pCARS seems off.

pCars seems shaper with better resolution and aliasing but it is less real-life... they needs to work in a lot of stuffs to reach the GT6 level.

Please explain how you deduced that GT has better suspension feedback and track topography (I concede that these are probably fair points that I've missed from the videos).

However, there's no way in hell you can say that GT has better lighting or looks more real-life. PCars seems to have quite a few graphical problems, but it's still head, shoulders, and torso above GT. And there's no shame in that really. We're comparing a 7-year old machine that wasn't top of the line when it came out to current (probably fairly high-end) hardware.

Especially in that second video... ugh... Did they capture GT at a low resolution, then did a horrible job rendering the HD video? It seems way too blurry.

And I'm not shit-talking here for the sake of it. I love GT, and I'll probably get GT6 sometime soon. I'm just saying what I'm seeing.

ultima said:

Please explain how you deduced that GT has better suspension feedback and track topography (I concede that these are probably fair points that I've missed from the videos).

However, there's no way in hell you can say that GT has better lighting or looks more real-life. PCars seems to have quite a few graphical problems, but it's still head, shoulders, and torso above GT. And there's no shame in that really. We're comparing a 7-year old machine that wasn't top of the line when it came out to current (probably fairly high-end) hardware.

Especially in that second video... ugh... Did they capture GT at a low resolution, then did a horrible job rendering the HD video? It seems way too blurry.

And I'm not shit-talking here for the sake of it. I love GT, and I'll probably get GT6 sometime soon. I'm just saying what I'm seeing.

Accruracy & Topopraphy: Just compare the real track with the video... you will GT6 is more close to the turns and layout of the track and the high and low of the track (vertical like spines?) are better in GT6... pCARs seems to be more straight with less spines (I don't know if that the right word).

Lighting: It is not about graphics... the pCARs graphics are better but the lighting is off... it is perfectly tuned in GT6 but off in pCARS... the reflexions seems off in pCARs due the lighting too.

Real-life: pCARs looks like a CG/game while GT6 looks more like the road and cars looks in real-life... again it is because the lighting is perfectly matching the track... it is like the Unreal Engine... it have amazing graphics but looks like plastic (not real-life)... maybe the colors help GT6 too.

Don't get wrong... GT6 is sufering shimmering playing live like the GT5 before patch 2.0... I don't like that but most guys won't note that and they will think the GT6 looks worst than GT5... it is not... it is better in every single item in graphics terms but these shimmering caused by little fps drops give the impression it's not looks sharper like GT5 after the patch 2.0.