By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fight: Gran Turismo 6 vs Project CARS @ Bathurst Circuit * You Will Be Surprised *

Tagged games:

Chris Hu said:

I'm sure its the only racing game that curently has a laser scanned version of the track.  Anyway the tracks in Project CARS aren't very accurate since they are only based on real tracks and not the real deal since they can't afford the license fee due to a limited budget.

Well you are way wrong...

GT5/GT6 uses (I don't know previous games because Kaz never said when they started to use laser scan).
Asseto Corsa uses in every track.
iRacing uses in every track.
rFactor uses in some tracks
Life for Speed uses in some tracks.

Almost all known racing simulators uses laser scan... just because Turn 10 like to say they are doing that didn't means nobody do that too or was not doing that before.

About Bathurst Circuit  only... iRacing, GT6 [and Forza 5 like you said] uses laser scan for it.

While Forza 5 looks better it looks less real-life and less accurate too.

Around the Network

Well your original comparison is still unfair since Project CARS really can't use the real tracks since the game doesn't have a big enough budget to pay for the license fees for including real tracks.  The game has only a 3 million euro budget which is tiny compared to most other racing games be that sims or arcade racers.

Nsanity said:

Project Cars eats GT6 for breakfast and this is a great example of it; better lighting, detail, textures...

Project Cars shits on every other sim racer graphically.

wow holy crap at forza stuttering. It barely looks better than gt6, and only because of tons of added detail. Lighting's wrong, colors are wrong. whew. I don't even like racers, but man gt6 vs real life looked almost identical aside from sharpness and detail.

Around the Network

Are you guys seriously comparing graphics from a last gen console and a high end gaming pc?
Seriously?

Wow, just wow.

Frequency said:
Are you guys seriously comparing graphics from a last gen console and a high end gaming pc?
Seriously?

Wow, just wow.

The fanboyism LMAO. 

fatslob-:O said:
Frequency said:
Seriously?

Wow, just wow.

The fanboyism LMAO. 

its genuinely pathetic.

Frequency said:
fatslob-:O said:
Frequency said:
Seriously?

Wow, just wow.

The fanboyism LMAO. 

its genuinely pathetic.

It really is. Pemalite is getting tired of this and so am I. 

If the thread was about graphics only...