By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fight: Gran Turismo 6 vs Project CARS @ Bathurst Circuit * You Will Be Surprised *

Tagged games:

Nsanity said:

The OP?

I didn't expected that so I'm surprised too.

Around the Network

You can play Gran Turismo while you are looking at the real life video. Pretty impressive accuracy.

Though if PD spent 100 million on Gran Turismo and these guys spent 3 million to create Project Cars, I say fire the whole team at PD.

Everytime I see this user made trailer from project cars I get goosebumbs...it is good:

http://vimeo.com/79020130

ethomaz said:

ultima said:

Please explain how you deduced that GT has better suspension feedback and track topography (I concede that these are probably fair points that I've missed from the videos).

However, there's no way in hell you can say that GT has better lighting or looks more real-life. PCars seems to have quite a few graphical problems, but it's still head, shoulders, and torso above GT. And there's no shame in that really. We're comparing a 7-year old machine that wasn't top of the line when it came out to current (probably fairly high-end) hardware.

Especially in that second video... ugh... Did they capture GT at a low resolution, then did a horrible job rendering the HD video? It seems way too blurry.

And I'm not shit-talking here for the sake of it. I love GT, and I'll probably get GT6 sometime soon. I'm just saying what I'm seeing.

Accruracy & Topopraphy: Just compare the real track with the video... you will GT6 is more close to the turns and layout of the track and the high and low of the track (vertical like spines?) are better in GT6... pCARs seems to be more straight with less spines (I don't know if that the right word).

Lighting: It is not about graphics... the pCARs graphics are better but the lighting is off... it is perfectly tuned in GT6 but off in pCARS... the reflexions seems off in pCARs due the lighting too.

Real-life: pCARs looks like a CG/game while GT6 looks more like the road and cars looks in real-life... again it is because the lighting is perfectly matching the track... it is like the Unreal Engine... it have amazing graphics but looks like plastic (not real-life)... maybe the colors help GT6 too.

Don't get wrong... GT6 is sufering shimmering playing live like the GT5 before patch 2.0... I don't like that but most guys won't note that and they will think the GT6 looks worst than GT5... it is not... it is better in every single item in graphics terms but these shimmering caused by little fps drops give the impression it's not looks sharper like GT5 after the patch 2.0.

Got a video that shows off the accuracy? The tracks themselves looked very similar in those two videos. There were some differences outside of the circuits, but those don't matter anyway.

As for lighting, the only thing you coherently expressed was that reflexions were off in PCars. Yeah, reflexions seem like they could be better for a PC game. But they're still quite a bit better than GT6.

I still don't understand what you mean here. Does real-life look blurry, jaggy, and poorly-textured to you? I don't mean to pick on GT here; it looks bad only relatively speaking. But when you want to claim that it can hold its own against PCars, one has to put it the way it is.