By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - KZ > ryze and dead ryzing, KZ > Forza NPD

jamesmarkus87 said:
Forza 5 will have better legs than Killzone: Shadow Fall.

That is quite possible. But Forza has generally not been a great seller either..  it's not what I would call the big guns, just like KZ isnt for Sony. It's done well dont get me wrong, but its done well a lot of the time because of bundling (as far as i am aware).

I reckon both will continue to do well and be picked up as the consoles continue to come in stock.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
jamesmarkus87 said:

0% chance

OverallDemand for ps4 is higher=more KZ sales

demand for ps4 in shooternation no 1 usa is higher=anyway more sales as us gamers like shooters but not that much racing sims

demand for ps4 is a lot higher in europe= a lot more sales.

As KZ is already selling better though the competition is tough(cod,bf) and has outsold forza5 which has 0 competition there seems to be more demand for kz than for forza and people who already bought cod or bf may also buy kz as soon as they got bored of their favourite shooter and move on to kz.

kz is more appealing to graphic whores as forza5's aliasing and 2d charackters don't work that well+ryse looks better while kz has no competition in optical terms on ps4

amazon reviewer ratings are better:kz=4.0,forza5=3.5.Seems people don't like forzas makrotransaction(same with gt6)

people who like racing games either bought it or never will

Madword said:
jamesmarkus87 said:

That is quite possible. But Forza has generally not been a great seller either..  it's not what I would call the big guns, just like KZ isnt for Sony. It's done well dont get me wrong, but its done well a lot of the time because of bundling (as far as i am aware).

I reckon both will continue to do well and be picked up as the consoles continue to come in stock.

It's going to be close, but I don't think Forza is going to last long with the whole microtransaction debacle. Same thing goes for GT6. I think both are going to underperform.

Plus, racers already look amazing on ps360. Not sure next-gen racers are going to be that popular unless they dramatically increase the offerings.

theprof00 said:

Looks like Killzone handily outsold every exclusive on xbox one.

It outsold Ryze and Dead Ryzing combined, and beat Forza by 30%.

459k in USA.

Could be 1m world wide already.

Forza: 332k
Ryze: 204k
Dead Rising: 246k

discuss.

KZ comparison:
(3 weeks)
KZ PS4: 459k (1.1m install base)
KZ2 PS3: 505k (40m install base)
KZ3 PS3: 431k (60m install base)

It makes sense, KZ is the only decent PS4 exclusive isn't it?

theprof00 said:
Madword said:
jamesmarkus87 said:

It's going to be close, but I don't think Forza is going to last long with the whole microtransaction debacle. Same thing goes for GT6. I think both are going to underperform.

Plus, racers already look amazing on ps360. Not sure next-gen racers are going to be that popular unless they dramatically increase the offerings.

The microtransaction 'debacle' will have close to 0 effect on GT's sales. Probably Forza's too. 

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:

The microtransaction 'debacle' will have close to 0 effect on GT's sales. Probably Forza's too. 

I dont know F5 is pretty  much forcing it on its fanbase, in GT6 you dont even know its there.

KILLZONED buhahahahha

Jereel Hunter said:

It makes sense, KZ is the only decent PS4 exclusive isn't it?

Why does that make sense? Because people who bought ps4's are forced to buy an exclusive?

J_Allard said:
It's not surprising. PS4 sales are higher in the NPD, Killzone is a FPS, and the only other exclusive PS4 owners could pick up is Knack. Look at what Resistance did during the PS3 launch.

I am surprised that Forza outsold DR3 but then again idk the sales history of the DR franchise. Not surprised Ryse sold the least of the 4, new IP and all.

And wow less than 500k for Killzone. I would have thought it would do more.

and wow less than 340k for Forza. i would have thought it would do more.

and wow less than 250k for DR3. i would have thought it would do more.

and wow les than 205k for Ryse. i would have thought it would do more.

Great sales for killzone though.

ethomaz said:
jamesmarkus87 said:

If PS4 have more sales then I can't see that happen.

Unless it's massively bundled.