By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - KZ > ryze and dead ryzing, KZ > Forza NPD

Well done Killzone, it's a shame Knack failed to break the top 25.

The X1 exclusives have done well considering they had a week less on store shelves. Surprised me that they kept pace with the PS4 after their awful reveal/E3 events.

#SaveShenmue

Top 5 Most Anticipated Games:

- Quantum Break
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Destiny
- The Division
- Final Fantasy XV

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:

Like i've said before. Ps4 had less launch exclusives
less games = higher chances of higher sales
more games = higher chances of less sales 
xbox gamers have more to choose from so obviously sales would be lower.

I know you're repeating yourself, but the reason it may not be sinking in is because that's a hard argument to make.

What you're implying, is that the exclusives exist outside the scope of the library. Sure, if the exclusives were the only games available, you'd have a point. More sales would get lumped onto the fewer products. But here we can see that the exclusives aren't in a vacuum, as shown by the much higher sales of the multiplats.

My point is, saying KZ got more sales because there is less competition is very hard to argue. If the game couldn't earn sales on its own merit, people would have bought the much more popular multiplat games, not a different exclusive.

The higher sales of multiplat games on ps4 are obvious seeing how ps4 is selling more than the competition. Multiplatform games dont warrant a purchase of a console. Exclusive games sell consoles. IMO killzone is doing bad seeing how over 2 million ps4's have been sold. Killzone wasen't competing with halo or gears.....that would have been a disaster for killzone in terms of sales. Halo games sell millions in a day. Killzone is nowhere near that. 

Did you know ps4 only supports a 2.4 wireless signal?

The xbox one supports a wireless adapter capable of 2.4 - 5.0ghz.

The ONLY next gen console to do so. 

MyCodenameIsIan said:

The X1 exclusives have done well considering they had a week less on store shelves. Surprised me that they kept pace with the PS4 after their awful reveal/E3 events.

I see it differently. Xbox used to dominate the US and now they are neck and neck with Sony. I can't see MS being happy about that espicially if the continue to lose ground in the US. That will essentially mean they lost the market share they gained with the 360 which is taking a step back. A company like MS wants to continue to see the xbox gain more and more market share which is what has been happening until now it seems.

Really though it's way to early to tell how this is going to end. We wont really know to middle of next year the earliest.

XxGame4lifexX said:
theprof00 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:

I know you're repeating yourself, but the reason it may not be sinking in is because that's a hard argument to make.

What you're implying, is that the exclusives exist outside the scope of the library. Sure, if the exclusives were the only games available, you'd have a point. More sales would get lumped onto the fewer products. But here we can see that the exclusives aren't in a vacuum, as shown by the much higher sales of the multiplats.

My point is, saying KZ got more sales because there is less competition is very hard to argue. If the game couldn't earn sales on its own merit, people would have bought the much more popular multiplat games, not a different exclusive.

The higher sales of multiplat games on ps4 are obvious seeing how ps4 is selling more than the competition. Multiplatform games dont warrant a purchase of a console. Exclusive games sell consoles. IMO killzone is doing bad seeing how over 2 million ps4's have been sold. Killzone wasen't competing with halo or gears.....that would have been a disaster for killzone in terms of sales. Halo games sell millions in a day. Killzone is nowhere near that. 

I'll give you this much, it was a good attempt to explain it, but not correct in the end. I can prove you wrong in a simple sentence.

"There were more ps4s sold than the totality of exclusives sold". This means that it is cold hard fact that people buy consoles for multiplats. But of course, one would say, "that doesn't make sense, why not buy xb1 then". The simple answer is that, it is not just library that sells systems. The systems simply being OUT sells systems, and people want to play the next BF or COD on next-gen.

So that brings us back to "why ps4". Again, when presented with the 2 consoles, and exclusives are not a deciding factor, the answer becomes very simply, "price".

Oh actually I just read some more of your post, so I'm downgrading my compliment of "good attempt" to "decent attempt". The sales covered in the figures are from November NPD. It includes 1.1m PS4s sold, and 970k xb1s sold. Not 2 million, so your counterpoint there is wrong. No, KZ wasn't competing with halo or gears. It was competing with the two highest selling FPS games on the market, which is shockingly neither Halo nor Gears. Neither of those franchises can hold up to cod or bf.

I'm going to have to downgrade again for that last line. So, I'll give you a "so-so". That last line is a bit of dramatics that doesn't really make any concrete point. Halo would have sold a lot. Absolutely. Doesn't mean KZ didn't outsell the xb1 lineup, and doesn't mean kz would have sold less either since they're available on different platforms exclusively. In fact, going by the comments in this thread, if Halo were out, then that would take sales away from the other games, and KZ would've really crushed forza,ryse,and rising. But then you might say, "no, it would just sell more consoles and xb1 would be in the lead", and we start getting into a whole bunch of woulda coulda shouldas and arguing about non-existent scenarios.

The facts are that kz outsold xb1 exclusives. That's all that can be discussed. No "ifs or ands or buts". It's just simply that. KZ sold better than forza, dead rising, and ryse. Period. What's to analyze here? The only thing that can be asked is "is kz performing better because it's the only exclusive available, or because it is more in demand"....and we'll find out what the answer is in just a few short months.

method114 said:
MyCodenameIsIan said:

I see it differently. Xbox used to dominate the US and now they are neck and neck with Sony. I can't see MS being happy about that espicially if the continue to lose ground in the US. That will essentially mean they lost the market share they gained with the 360 which is taking a step back. A company like MS wants to continue to see the xbox gain more and more market share which is what has been happening until now it seems.

Really though it's way to early to tell how this is going to end. We wont really know to middle of next year the earliest.

Yes, it's far too early to predict how the US is going to go. 

Sony have been practically flawless in the build up to the PS4's launch and have deservedly had a great launch.  However once the launch hype passes it's going to be down to the software to drive sales.  Sony's next big exclusive is inFamous: Second Son, it looks great but InFamous has never really sold crazy numbers in the past.

Microsoft have had a very bumpy road leading up the X1's launch but have responded well to critisism.  The Xbox One recently broke the 2M worldwide barrier (Something that took the Xbox 360 5 months to do) and probably has a stronger game (in the eyes of a USA audience anyhow) on the horizon with Titanfall.  That said, Titanfall is an unproven IP and will also launch on PC and X360.

It should make for an interesting battle.

#SaveShenmue

Top 5 Most Anticipated Games:

- Quantum Break
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Destiny
- The Division
- Final Fantasy XV

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
theprof00 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:

I'll give you this much, it was a good attempt to explain it, but not correct in the end. I can prove you wrong in a simple sentence.

"There were more ps4s sold than the totality of exclusives sold". This means that it is cold hard fact that people buy consoles for multiplats. But of course, one would say, "that doesn't make sense, why not buy xb1 then". The simple answer is that, it is not just library that sells systems. The systems simply being OUT sells systems, and people want to play the next BF or COD on next-gen.

So that brings us back to "why ps4". Again, when presented with the 2 consoles, and exclusives are not a deciding factor, the answer becomes very simply, "price".

Oh actually I just read some more of your post, so I'm downgrading my compliment of "good attempt" to "decent attempt". The sales covered in the figures are from November NPD. It includes 1.1m PS4s sold, and 970k xb1s sold. Not 2 million, so your counterpoint there is wrong. No, KZ wasn't competing with halo or gears. It was competing with the two highest selling FPS games on the market, which is shockingly neither Halo nor Gears. Neither of those franchises can hold up to cod or bf.

I'm going to have to downgrade again for that last line. So, I'll give you a "so-so". That last line is a bit of dramatics that doesn't really make any concrete point. Halo would have sold a lot. Absolutely. Doesn't mean KZ didn't outsell the xb1 lineup, and doesn't mean kz would have sold less either since they're available on different platforms exclusively. In fact, going by the comments in this thread, if Halo were out, then that would take sales away from the other games, and KZ would've really crushed forza,ryse,and rising. But then you might say, "no, it would just sell more consoles and xb1 would be in the lead", and we start getting into a whole bunch of woulda coulda shouldas and arguing about non-existent scenarios.

The facts are that kz outsold xb1 exclusives. That's all that can be discussed. No "ifs or ands or buts". It's just simply that. KZ sold better than forza, dead rising, and ryse. Period. What's to analyze here? The only thing that can be asked is "is kz performing better because it's the only exclusive available, or because it is more in demand"....and we'll find out what the answer is in just a few short months.

*sigh*

why do people type long essays on here? 

Bottom line is ps4 launched with less retail exclusives and the drove higher sales. That is a fact! 

DealWithIt#

Did you know ps4 only supports a 2.4 wireless signal?

The xbox one supports a wireless adapter capable of 2.4 - 5.0ghz.

The ONLY next gen console to do so. 

XxGame4lifexX said:

*sigh*

why do people type long essays on here? 

Bottom line is ps4 launched with less retail exclusives and the drove higher sales. That is a fact! 

DealWithIt#

Oh I didn't realize you were joking.

EDIT: And in case you aren't, you're saying that if KZ didn't release, knack would have sold a lot more.

Listen, if you just read something sometime, you wouldn't go spouting off sounding like you have no clue what you're talking about. But I'll save you the trouble, and give you the tl;dr: 'you got told'.

Selnor strikes again!

Seriously, combining numbers.. LOL and the next PS4 exclusive isn't in 6 months, it's 3.

007BondAgent said:

Selnor strikes again!

Seriously, combining numbers.. LOL and the next PS4 exclusive isn't in 6 months, it's 3.

sigh, I remember the day when he said he was never coming back. I'm sure he was just excited for the new launch, but I don't think that will last for long. He is going to get it hard from the people he burned in the past. (not I)

XxGame4lifexX said:
theprof00 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:

No, just with Call of Duty (which is 2 times bigger than Halo) and Battlefield (bigger than Gears)...