By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - KZ > ryze and dead ryzing, KZ > Forza NPD

Looks like Killzone handily outsold every exclusive on xbox one.

It outsold Ryze and Dead Ryzing combined, and beat Forza by 30%.

459k in USA.

Could be 1m world wide already.

Forza: 332k
Ryze: 204k
Dead Rising: 246k

discuss.

KZ comparison:
(3 weeks)
KZ PS4: 459k (1.1m install base)
KZ2 PS3: 505k (40m install base)
KZ3 PS3: 431k (60m install base)

Around the Network

I'll use an old excuse I used to hear in the 7th gen. Microsoft fans aren't just into big first person shooters. The Xbox One fanbase is diverse so they purchase multiple genres....even though an FPS is the most purchased game on the system. PS4=ShooterStation.

Best selling launch exclusive... it is.

And Dead Rising 3 is the second best selling launch exclusive... > Forza... seems something is wrong with the numbers here... I'm happy DR3 sold that much.

In the otherside I'm a little sad Knack sold low compared with these others.

d21lewis said:
I'll use an old excuse I used to hear in the 7th gen. Microsoft fans aren't just into big first person shooters. The Xbox One fanbase is diverse so they purchase multiple genres....even though an FPS is the most purchased game on the system. PS4=ShooterStation.

The only reason Xbox was able to stay afloat is because of a shooter franchise, whereas Sony built the PlayStation on MANY different genres.

]

Vikki said:
d21lewis said:

The only reason Xbox was able to stay afloat is because of a shooter franchise, whereas Sony built the PlayStation on MANY different genres.

He is being sarcastic

Around the Network

Well, given the other exclusive knack (at least some exclusive *has* to be sold...),,. Given that shooters generally sell well... Given the hype around the game before launch... I am not surprised.

ethomaz said:
Vikki said:
d21lewis said:

He is being sarcastic

Oh god! I feel so stupid! I didn't read the first sentence D:

Sorry D:

]

Vikki said:
ethomaz said:
Vikki said:
d21lewis said:

He is being sarcastic

Sorry D:

Doesn't make your first sentence *any* better or more true.

walsufnir said:
Vikki said:
ethomaz said:
Vikki said:
d21lewis said:

He is being sarcastic

Sorry D:

Doesn't make your first sentence *any* better or more true.

I'm sorry, but the Xbox would not be where it is today without Halo.

]

It's not surprising. PS4 sales are higher in the NPD, Killzone is a FPS, and the only other exclusive PS4 owners could pick up is Knack. Look at what Resistance did during the PS3 launch.

I am surprised that Forza outsold DR3 but then again idk the sales history of the DR franchise. Not surprised Ryse sold the least of the 4, new IP and all.

And wow less than 500k for Killzone. I would have thought it would do more.