MS exclusives were handycapped by micro transactions

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Vikki said:
walsufnir said:

And still it is wrong and I already told you why.

No. I am correct. Halo gave the Xbox a signature game which it did not have beforehand. Also, only 25 million bought the Xbox.

And 6.43 bought the first Halo. Why did the other millions buy it? It is the biggest franchise but not the only reason people bought and buy xbox.

The same reason that not everyone bought a PS2 for GTA III, but GTA III gave renewed interest in the PS2 which made more people buy it and more developers make games for it. 

]

best compare it to halo 3 launch.

Vikki said:
walsufnir said:
Vikki said:
walsufnir said:

No. I am correct. Halo gave the Xbox a signature game which it did not have beforehand. Also, only 25 million bought the Xbox.

And 6.43 bought the first Halo. Why did the other millions buy it? It is the biggest franchise but not the only reason people bought and buy xbox.

The same reason that not everyone bought a PS2 for GTA III, but GTA III gave renewed interest in the PS2 which made more people buy it and more developers make games for it.

You are just speculating and it's not more worth than a theory without any data to back it up. Especially with 360 and the overall sales Halo got more and more unimportant to the console.

d21lewis said:
I'll use an old excuse I used to hear in the 7th gen. Microsoft fans aren't just into big first person shooters. The Xbox One fanbase is diverse so they purchase multiple genres....even though an FPS is the most purchased game on the system. PS4=ShooterStation.

lol, memories

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Vikki said:
walsufnir said:
Vikki said:
walsufnir said:

You are just speculating and it's not more worth than a theory without any data to back it up. Especially with 360 and the overall sales Halo got more and more unimportant to the console.

It's not speculation. It's pretty much fact. It's a well known piece of gaming history.

]

Vikki said:
walsufnir said:
Vikki said:
walsufnir said:
Vikki said:
walsufnir said:

It's not speculation. It's pretty much fact. It's a well known piece of gaming history.

Oh, facts are nice. Please enlighten us with these facts and data proving it

walsufnir said:
Vikki said:
walsufnir said:
Vikki said:
ethomaz said:
Vikki said:
d21lewis said:
I'll use an old excuse I used to hear in the 7th gen. Microsoft fans aren't just into big first person shooters. The Xbox One fanbase is diverse so they purchase multiple genres....even though an FPS is the most purchased game on the system. PS4=ShooterStation.

The only reason Xbox was able to stay afloat is because of a shooter franchise, whereas Sony built the PlayStation on MANY different genres.

He is being sarcastic

Oh god! I feel so stupid! I didn't read the first sentence D:

Sorry D:

Doesn't make your first sentence *any* better or more true.

I'm sorry, but the Xbox would not be where it is today without Halo.

This is not what you said in the first time But who cares anyway by now. Almost 80 million bought the system, check the sales of the game you are talking about and you are easily contradicted.

Though not really.

The psp got a huge boost from monster hunter and you can't simply take 5m out of 80m and say that it moved only 5m consles at best. Halo made xb360 a desirable console to the masses. Even to people who never actually purchased the game. It created momentum and word of mouth for the console. Again, same with Pokemon. Tons of threads of excited users for the new Pokemon creates interest for the console. 

If you speak to anyone who has studied marketing (at uni or follows it carefully), they'll probably tell you that the impact of a single game on hardware cannot be determined based solely on its sales. 

When #driveclub was announced, a few people gave a damn. When it was delayed, many cancelled their pre-order, not because the cared about the game, but because they wanted to justify their purchase and they couldn't with such a weak launch line-up. 

Plus you don't know how many people bought a xb360 and illegally downloaded the game or bought a used copy. 

The way I see it, it works like a chain. 5 people buy an xb360 for Halo and 10 of their friends feeling like buying an 360 too, so that they can all have the same console. They might end up buying COD instead, but it has the indirect influence of Halo that made them buy a 360. I think South Park nailed it on kids' influence one another. 

naruball said:
walsufnir said:
Vikki said:
walsufnir said:
Vikki said:
ethomaz said:
Vikki said:
d21lewis said:

The only reason Xbox was able to stay afloat is because of a shooter franchise, whereas Sony built the PlayStation on MANY different genres.

He is being sarcastic

Oh god! I feel so stupid! I didn't read the first sentence D:

Sorry D:

Doesn't make your first sentence *any* better or more true.

I'm sorry, but the Xbox would not be where it is today without Halo.

This is not what you said in the first time But who cares anyway by now. Almost 80 million bought the system, check the sales of the game you are talking about and you are easily contradicted.

Though not really.

The psp got a huge boost from monster hunter and you can't simply take 5m out of 80m and say that it moved only 5m consles at best. Halo made xb360 a desirable console to the masses. Even to people who never actually purchased the game. It created momentum and word of mouth for the console. Again, same with Pokemon. Tons of threads of excited users for the new Pokemon creates interest for the console. 

If you speak to anyone who has studied marketing (at uni or follows it carefully), they'll probably tell you that the impact of a single game on hardware cannot be determined based solely on its sales.

When #driveclub was announced, a few people gave a damn. When it was delayed, many cancelled their pre-order, not because the cared about the game, but because they wanted to justify their purchase and they couldn't with such a weak launch line-up.

Plus you don't know how many people bought a xb360 and illegally downloaded the game or bought a used copy.

The way I see it, it works like a chain. 5 people buy an xb360 for Halo and 10 of their friends feeling like buying an 360 too, so that they can all have the same console. They might end up buying COD instead, but it has the indirect influence of Halo that made them buy a 360. I think South Park nailed it on kids' influence one another.

I don't say it doesn't have an effect but you can't say the whole success relies on only one game/franchise. Not with such a difference in sales.

The illegal argument and buying bought applies to every system seller, e.g. Gran Turismo.

I wonder what the sales of All exclusives together are.

Ryse + DR3 + Forza 5 + Zoo Tycoon

VS

KZ and Knack.

After all its good sales for KZ, but really the only option for PS fans for like 6 months.