By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - KZ > ryze and dead ryzing, KZ > Forza NPD

Jereel Hunter said:
theprof00 said:
Jereel Hunter said:

It makes sense, KZ is the only decent PS4 exclusive isn't it?

Why does that make sense? Because people who bought ps4's are forced to buy an exclusive?

Is there.... any other reason to buy one? All the multi-plats are available on X1 and on the previous gen systems... If you don't care about any exclusives, there's probably no reason to buy a next gen system, yet. Most people will buy 1 exclusive, even if they aren't psyched about it, just to justify their purchase.

YOu mean instead of xbox?

Price.

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
theprof00 said:

Oh I wanted to ask you the same question as I asked above:

Does this mean that the only reason Halo sells well is because it's the only good exclusive xbox has?

Its not the only good exclusive but it is their biggest exclusive, and its bigger or the just as big as Sony's biggest exclusive.  Its sales don't really have to be explained since it has a lot of fans and generally the games review very well. 

And here is further proof that the fewer the exclusives, the better the sales of those exclusives: Last year when the sales of Halo 4 were higher than the sales of all of Sony's exclusives combined that were released in 2012, we heard many PS fans say "Halo 4 only sold well because its the only exclusive 360 owners can buy".   They also claimed that the reason Sony games released that year sold badly was because they were all competing against eachother. 

1. Halo sells well because it is a good game with a good fanbase. I don't see what's so hard about this simple idea. Good games sell.

2. LOL you're using the logic of people who have no business dicussing sales. Did kowenicki say that? Did jaywood? Did CGI? Any of the "smart users" on this site? No. Those are wild theories to explain what they wanted to be good games. Those users WANTED those flops to be good. They had been hyped and hyped, and they just HAD to be good. Then they bombed. What explanation could there be if a good game doesn't sell? Bad marketing? There must be something, because it's obviously not the game. And that's sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell.

You only belittle yourself by using the logic of fanboys to prove your argument.

Of course it sold more, when it came to exclusives it was either KZ or knack, the xbox one launch exclusives were more diverse thus for they were spread out among the different launch titles more.

theprof00 said:
Jereel Hunter said:

Is there.... any other reason to buy one? All the multi-plats are available on X1 and on the previous gen systems... If you don't care about any exclusives, there's probably no reason to buy a next gen system, yet. Most people will buy 1 exclusive, even if they aren't psyched about it, just to justify their purchase.

Price.

I mean, at all. Yes, price is a reason to get it instead of an X1, if you must have one. But if there isn't a single exclusive you want, then there's little real incentive to even get a PS4/Xbox yet. For most people, even the early adopters, there is at least 1 launch exclusive to make someone purchase the system. 

Jereel Hunter said:
theprof00 said:
Jereel Hunter said:

Price.

I mean, at all. Yes, price is a reason to get it instead of an X1, if you must have one. But if there isn't a single exclusive you want, then there's little real incentive to even get a PS4/Xbox yet. For most people, even the early adopters, there is at least 1 launch exclusive to make someone purchase the system. 

That's wishful thinking on your part.

People buy new gen consoles because the graphical difference is substantial.

Don't pretend like there isn't a reason to get a ps4. Not only is it HOT to have a new console, especially the ps4 with all the word of mouth and difficulty in getting one. YOu don't need an exclusive to buy the console, as you can plainly see by loooking what the top sellers are.

Guess what the best selling game early in 360's life was? call of duty 2. People upgraded in order to play a multiplat.

Title North America Europe Japan
Amped 3 Yes Yes No
Call of Duty 2 Yes Yes No
Condemned: Criminal Origins Yes Yes Yes
Every Party No No Yes
FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup Yes Yes Yes
Gun Yes Yes No
Kameo: Elements of Power Yes Yes No
Madden NFL 06 Yes Yes No
NBA 2K6 Yes No No
NBA Live 06 Yes Yes No
Need for Speed: Most Wanted Yes Yes Yes
NHL 2K6 Yes No No
Perfect Dark Zero Yes Yes Yes
Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie Yes Yes No
Project Gotham Racing 3 Yes Yes No
Quake 4 Yes Yes No
Ridge Racer 6 Yes No Yes
Tetris: The Grandmaster ACE No No Yes
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 Yes Yes No
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland Yes Yes No

The only exclusives here were perfect dark zero, kameo, and pgr, yet neither of them managed to exceed 220k in the first week, and the very best was 300k in a month.

Only three exclusives out of that list.

You see, it's not exclusivity that sells. It's the games. Perfect Dark Zero was an 81 metacritic, PGR was 88, and kameo was 79, yet the best selling was not pgr, it was perfect dark. Why? Because it was made by the same people that made goldeneye. So you see, it's not about exclusivity. It's about desirability. PGR was the highest rated game in that whole group.

Every multiplat on there was also on ps2 and xbox. Yet multiplats outsold the exclusives on xbox360.

Just listen to the facts: Every multiplat that outsold exclusives were on average rated lower than the exclusives. That should tell you something.

People upgrade because they want to. Not because of exclusive games. Perfect Dark just so happened to be an exclusive. Even had it not been exclusive, people would have still bought it because it would have looked infinitely better than the other consoles. That's not to say they would have outsold the other console's sales, but that they would have sold well, and sold systems, which they did, like call of duty 2, need for speed most wanted, and madden. Funny how those three games represent 3 of the biggest franchises in gaming. It's not a coincidence they sold better.

Around the Network

Exclusives help people pick between systems, definitely, but launch titles don't paint the whole picture. You also have to think about destined exclusives....halo, uncharted, mario. The games don't exist, but they will. This helps sell systems, and in the meantime, buying a subpar exclusive isn't a solution.
Great games and big franchises sell systems. That has always been a fact.

Think about this too. What was one of the most common reactions when ff13 went multiplat? "I would have bought a 360 if I knew it would be multiplat." I heard this non-stop.

The people in the office I know (there are bound to be others but these were the ones I know directly)

2 Purchased XboxOne
6 Purchased PS4

The most purchased game out of all of us... Assassins Creed on PS4 (about 4).

So I think it goes to show that because the start to this gen has taken so long, that not everyone is buying a console just because of exclusives.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Is it so hard to believe that people *gasp* like killzone?
It's a major franchise!
Why is that so unbelievable?

Guess what was the best selling game at vita's launch? Uncharted, and it put up a million despite having competition from 7, yes 7 exclusives!!!

theprof00 said:
MoHasanie said:
theprof00 said:

Oh I wanted to ask you the same question as I asked above:

Does this mean that the only reason Halo sells well is because it's the only good exclusive xbox has?

Its not the only good exclusive but it is their biggest exclusive, and its bigger or the just as big as Sony's biggest exclusive.  Its sales don't really have to be explained since it has a lot of fans and generally the games review very well. 

And here is further proof that the fewer the exclusives, the better the sales of those exclusives: Last year when the sales of Halo 4 were higher than the sales of all of Sony's exclusives combined that were released in 2012, we heard many PS fans say "Halo 4 only sold well because its the only exclusive 360 owners can buy".   They also claimed that the reason Sony games released that year sold badly was because they were all competing against eachother. 

1. Halo sells well because it is a good game with a good fanbase. I don't see what's so hard about this simple idea. Good games sell.

2. LOL you're using the logic of people who have no business dicussing sales. Did kowenicki say that? Did jaywood? Did CGI? Any of the "smart users" on this site? No. Those are wild theories to explain what they wanted to be good games. Those users WANTED those flops to be good. They had been hyped and hyped, and they just HAD to be good. Then they bombed. What explanation could there be if a good game doesn't sell? Bad marketing? There must be something, because it's obviously not the game. And that's sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell.

You only belittle yourself by using the logic of fanboys to prove your argument.

Well then you answered your own question as to why Halo sells well. 

Well its a logic I agree with. And if they used it to justify the low sales of PS3 games that year, then I will use it to justify the lower sales of X1 games now. And it was said by a couple of users. I can't remember exactly, but I think it was VGKing who said that and he was a active and prominent member before he was  banned. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:

Well then you answered your own question as to why Halo sells well. 

Well its a logic I agree with. And if they used it to justify the low sales of PS3 games that year, then I will use it to justify the lower sales of X1 games now. And it was said by a couple of users. I can't remember exactly, but I think it was VGKing who said that and he was a active and prominent member before he was  banned. 

I know I answered my own question, I was leading you to water.

2. Vgking requested to be permabanned and insulted every prominent member here. Are you sure you want to be just like him? That says a lot about your character if you choose to follow in the footsteps of a member who many commented in response with "won't be missed", and more importantly follow the misguided analysis simply because it was presented to you by misguided users and now you're too butthurt to accept the truth.

Really says a lot, mohansie.

In the valley of the blind the one eyed man is king. Don't poke your own eyes out because of spite.