By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - KZ > ryze and dead ryzing, KZ > Forza NPD

theprof00 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
MoHasanie said:
Well that's not surprising since the PS4 is selling better than the Xbox 1 and people buying PS4's only can chose from 2 exclusives, of which one was poorly reviewed.

agree.

Others dont see the fact just see what they want. 

I'll sit and read anything you have to say with a completely open mind if you explain to me how it's obvious that a multiplatform game should have higher sales on a single platform than an exclusive.

My theory is that CoD is simply a more popular game. What's your reasoning. All I need is a simple explanation.

Aside from that, please also explain what kind of knack sales we would see if it was the only exclusive. Because what you said is that fewer exclusives means higher sales, which implies that there would always be 700k exclusive sales. If ps4 had more exclusives, then Killzone would have less because some of the 700k cap would go onto a different game. So, if there was only knack, then knack sales should be 700k....or, if knack didn't exist, there should be more killzone sales. Can you explain this in more detail?

I already explained myself in detail but you dont seem to understand or are seeing stuff in your way. I cant change the way you view things. I am not going to bother anymore. 

But one last thing to your last question. Even if knack was the only retail exclusive at launch. Sales wouldn't be that good simply because it is a new ip....wait...is it? Some new ips dont sell that well but others do. Another reason is because the ps4 and xbox one both dont have a massive userbase atm. Even if knack would have launched along with infamous or uncharted. Sales would still have been low. There. 

have a nice day!

Did you know ps4 only supports a 2.4 wireless signal?

The xbox one supports a wireless adapter capable of 2.4 - 5.0ghz.

The ONLY next gen console to do so. 

Around the Network
XxGame4lifexX said:
theprof00 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
MoHasanie said:
Well that's not surprising since the PS4 is selling better than the Xbox 1 and people buying PS4's only can chose from 2 exclusives, of which one was poorly reviewed.

agree.

Others dont see the fact just see what they want. 

I'll sit and read anything you have to say with a completely open mind if you explain to me how it's obvious that a multiplatform game should have higher sales on a single platform than an exclusive.

My theory is that CoD is simply a more popular game. What's your reasoning. All I need is a simple explanation.

Aside from that, please also explain what kind of knack sales we would see if it was the only exclusive. Because what you said is that fewer exclusives means higher sales, which implies that there would always be 700k exclusive sales. If ps4 had more exclusives, then Killzone would have less because some of the 700k cap would go onto a different game. So, if there was only knack, then knack sales should be 700k....or, if knack didn't exist, there should be more killzone sales. Can you explain this in more detail?

I already explained myself in detail but you dont seem to understand or are seeing stuff in your way. I cant change the way you view things. I am not going to bother anymore. 

But one last thing to your last question. Even if knack was the only retail exclusive at launch. Sales wouldn't be that good simply because it is a new ip....wait...is it? Some new ips dont sell that well but other do. Another reason is because the ps4 and xbox one both dont have a massive userbase atm. Even if knack would have launched along with infamous or uncharted. Sales would still have been low. There. 

have a nice day!

you've not explained a thing. You simply said that sales are higher because of fewer exclusives. You haven't explained that one single bit. I just gave you the opportunity to explain it again, and you refused, saying "i can't chantge the way you view things". This has nothing to do with me, just explain it.

Ok, but if there was no knack, then killzone sales should be higher. Correct? All I'm doing is taking what you said and looking at it from a critical view. For instance, if you said you wore a hat all day every day, I would say "what about in the shower". You made a statement, and I'm simply looking for proof, which you have not provided. Simply saying something is true doesn't make it so.

You also don't explain why some new ips sell and some don't.

Look. I'll explain it for you.

Games sell because they are desirable. Generally, this comes down to hype, marketing, quality, word of mouth, etc. Availability has almost zero impact. Killzone sold more than ryse and dead rysing because it is a more desirable game. TO use your own example. Ryse is a new ip. And dead rising has been losing steam over this past generation.

2 Dead Rising X360 2006 Action Capcom 1.11 0.62 0.08 0.20 2.01
3 Dead Rising 2 X360 2010 Action Capcom 0.68 0.48 0.09 0.11 1.36
4 Dead Rising 2 PS3 2010 Action Capcom 0.39 0.53 0.15 0.20 1.27

Meanwhile,

1 Killzone 2 PS3 2009 Shooter Sony Computer Entertainment 1.37 1.02 0.08 0.45 2.92
2 Killzone 3 PS3 2011 Shooter Sony Computer Entertainment 1.32 0.77 0.09 0.32 2.51

You can see that killzone is simply a more popular franchise. 2 killzones outsell all dead risings.

Therefore, it's only natural that a quality shooter with an established fanbase would beat the launch sales of a new ip (with the worst reviews out of any launch game) and a game which has never been able to match sales with it.

Now, beating forza is unexpected, and maybe you could attribute it to platform install base, but ps4 has only sold 15% more consoles, whereas KZ has over 30% more sales.

THere is clearly something not being considered here, and my theory is that console purchasers are more excited about killzone than forza. It's actually very simple, and has nothing to do with the availability of competing exclusives. Nobody is FORCED to buy an exclusive.

theprof00 said:

So you're saying that bad games can have great sales if they're the only exclusive you can buy. People would rather buy a shitty exclusive than a quality mutliplat. Is this what you're saying?

Yes. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
theprof00 said:

So you're saying that bad games can have great sales if they're the only exclusive you can buy. People would rather buy a shitty exclusive than a quality mutliplat. Is this what you're saying?

Yes. 

Do you mind if I put this quote in my sig?

XxGame4lifexX said:

But one last thing to your last question. Even if knack was the only retail exclusive at launch. Sales wouldn't be that good simply because it is a new ip....wait...is it? Some new ips dont sell that well but others do. Another reason is because the ps4 and xbox one both dont have a massive userbase atm. Even if knack would have launched along with infamous or uncharted. Sales would still have been low. There. 

have a nice day!

Hey quick question...

Does this mean that the only reason Halo sells well is because it's the only good exclusive xbox has? Hey! Listen! Are you there?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
MoHasanie said:
theprof00 said:

Yes. 

Sure, but lets be 100% clear, Knack is not a terrible game. Its a very average game. 

MoHasanie said:
theprof00 said:
MoHasanie said:
theprof00 said:

Yes. 

Sure, but lets be 100% clear, Knack is not a terrible game. Its a very average game. 

Oh I wanted to ask you the same question as I asked above:

Does this mean that the only reason Halo sells well is because it's the only good exclusive xbox has?

theprof00 said:

Does this mean that the only reason Halo sells well is because it's the only good exclusive xbox has?

Its not the only good exclusive but it is their biggest exclusive, and its bigger or the just as big as Sony's biggest exclusive.  Its sales don't really have to be explained since it has a lot of fans and generally the games review very well. 

And here is further proof that the fewer the exclusives, the better the sales of those exclusives: Last year when the sales of Halo 4 were higher than the sales of all of Sony's exclusives combined that were released in 2012, we heard many PS fans say "Halo 4 only sold well because its the only exclusive 360 owners can buy".   They also claimed that the reason Sony games released that year sold badly was because they were all competing against eachother. 

MoHasanie said:
theprof00 said:

Its not the only good exclusive but it is their biggest exclusive, and its bigger or the just as big as Sony's biggest exclusive.  Its sales don't really have to be explained since it has a lot of fans and generally the games review very well. 

And here is further proof that the fewer the exclusives, the better the sales of those exclusives: Last year when the sales of Halo 4 were higher than the sales of all of Sony's exclusives combined that were released in 2012, we heard many PS fans say "Halo 4 only sold well because its the only exclusive 360 owners can buy".   They also claimed that the reason Sony games released that year sold badly was because they were all competing against eachother. 

Bingo!

There's your answer. 

Now the tables have turned around. 

Did you know ps4 only supports a 2.4 wireless signal?

The xbox one supports a wireless adapter capable of 2.4 - 5.0ghz.

The ONLY next gen console to do so. 

theprof00 said:
Jereel Hunter said:

It makes sense, KZ is the only decent PS4 exclusive isn't it?

Why does that make sense? Because people who bought ps4's are forced to buy an exclusive?

Is there.... any other reason to buy one? All the multi-plats are available on X1 and on the previous gen systems... If you don't care about any exclusives, there's probably no reason to buy a next gen system, yet. Most people will buy 1 exclusive, even if they aren't psyched about it, just to justify their purchase.