By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Animal Crossing U to be 2014's big holiday game for Wii U?

Tagged games:

Wii U has enough horsepower to pump out this graphical quality from 3ds AC promotional posters. I'd love the game to look like this.

Around the Network

As long as it doesn't suck, I'm fine with it.

I hope for spring 2015 and zelda for 2014, but I'm in the same train as you. AC is the only game i can see as big holiday game and pass zelda for 2015.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

RolStoppable said:
DarkTemplar said:
Why not Wii Sports 3?

Because Wii Sports runs completely contrary to the Wii U's ideology.

On topic: AC is bound to come eventually and holiday 2014 seems plausible. No need to get upset about it though, provided there is no Wii Music 2.

But isn't  being "completely contrary to the Wii U's ideology" the easiest way to improve Wii U sales?

Nope, the holiday game will be Zelda U!

Around the Network

I just want an Animal Crossing MMO. Like SERIOUSLY. It's the PERFECT game Nintendo owns for an MMO. I've wanted one for a while and the Wii U has the hardware/internet potential to make this happen!

Alone I don't think this is a great idea but a one two punch of AC and Zelda/Metroid/Star Fox/F Zero/etc would be pretty great and hit pretty much every market so yeah, let it happen!

Purple said:

I hate Iwata as much as anyone but not even he is incompetent enough to allow that.

I just still really don't get how you could "hate" the man who helped develop Mother, Kirby, The Adventures of Lolo, and Smash Bros, as well as the guy directly responsible for some of the most successful handhelds, and one of the most successful home consoles (Wii) of all time.

People on the internet seem to have some seriously short memories.

Well, even the GC game sold 3.15M units. And that was before AC got big.
Could see it coming next year. The touchscreen makes for a better experience than the other console versions.

Those AC promotional posters as graphics would be killer. Add some Mario 3D World prettiness to it and it`s done! :)

nintendo will probably have 3 big holiday titles. and zelda will be the biggest.