By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Animal Crossing U to be 2014's big holiday game for Wii U?

Tagged games:

DevilRising said:
Purple said:

I hate Iwata as much as anyone but not even he is incompetent enough to allow that.

I just still really don't get how you could "hate" the man who helped develop Mother, Kirby, The Adventures of Lolo, and Smash Bros, as well as the guy directly responsible for some of the most successful handhelds, and one of the most successful home consoles (Wii) of all time.

People on the internet seem to have some seriously short memories.

<-----------------------------------------------------------------------------> it's about this long in the best kind of situation :(.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

sounds smart and logic, so Nintendo won't do that

Click HERE and be happy 

It'll likely come out late 2014, but I doubt it will be Nintendo's sole major game. For late 2014 Super Smash Bros 4 is very likely, Zelda U is possible, a Pokemon game is overdue for a console release, and there's always the possible Star Fox, Metroid, etc. title that can be done in secret up to E3.

Love and tolerate.

I don't think this is even physically possible by the way. Even if they have game ready in time which I highly doubt, only Japan would get it, as it would need to be localized for the rest of the world. I believe it wasn't until 6+ months later after it released in Japan that we got New Leaf.

Dulfite said:

I just want an Animal Crossing MMO. Like SERIOUSLY. It's the PERFECT game Nintendo owns for an MMO. I've wanted one for a while and the Wii U has the hardware/internet potential to make this happen!

That's too smart a move for Nintendo; they're too conservative to try something like that, unfortunately.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
I don't think this is even physically possible by the way. Even if they have game ready in time which I highly doubt, only Japan would get it, as it would need to be localized for the rest of the world. I believe it wasn't until 6+ months later after it released in Japan that we got New Leaf.

City Folk came out in Japan and the West around the same time, didn't it?

Wii U does provide a perfect opportunity for them to do more of an MMO type experience with Animal Crossing. The amount of disc space allows for a shit-ton of content, and AC would be more entertaining in general with one massive town/city, with lots of people playing and interacting, and certainly with a lot more to do. The Wii game is the only one I've ever played, I owned it for awhile, and tried to get into it, and honestly I could see the appeal, but there just wasn't enough to do in the game to keep my interested for very long.

curl-6 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

City Folk came out in Japan and the West around the same time, didn't it?

Idk as I only get handheld AC games, but New Leaf is the latest game in the series, making it more relevant.