By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Animal Crossing U to be 2014's big holiday game for Wii U?

Tagged games:

It wouldn't be that bad, as long as you can switch between the 3DS and Wii U versions, kind of like having a summer house. Hell, I'd buy anything with the Animal Crossing name.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

The other tip off is the Animal Crossing U plaza expires at the end of 2014 ... which kinda leads one to believe that that's when Nintendo is planning to have a full blown AC game ready for the Wii U.

I didn't even notice that, well spotted.

Adding to OP, thanks.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Isn't the wiiU launch more like the gamecube than the wii? Even with the games?

Too early to say; thankfully Wii U doesn't seem to be undermining key franchises the way GCN did. (Though there's still time for that with Zelda U)

curl-6 said:

Too early to say; thankfully Wii U doesn't seem to be undermining key franchises the way GCN did. (Though there's still time for that with Zelda U)

Between this, the fact that the Gamcube launched 1.5 years after PS2, and the PS4 not having the DVD advantage, are the biggest reasons why Nintendo should not give up on the Wii U yet.   Mario/Pikmin/Smash/Zelda/Starfox/Luigi's Mansion and Metroid were all launched already and the Gamecube still could'nt gain any traction.  Wii U only has Pikmin 3 and SM3DW as its big titles so far and the numbers are only a little bit below the gamecubes.  Once Zelda/Metroid/Kart/Smash are out the Wii U will be in much better shape.  For now we just enjoy SM3DW, Pikmin 3, W101, and Earthbound (I was sooooooo happy that they finally rereleased it).

I think that will actually happen. If it isn't holiday 2014, 2015 for sure.

nice

Around the Network

Animal crossing will definitely move hardware but not a whole lot. On the Gamecube it had sold around 3 million which is not bad. It is one of the more consistent franchises that nintendo has but I fear the WII U might drag it down to less than 2 million if it comes out at that time.

superhippy420 said:
curl-6 said:

Between this, the fact that the Gamcube launched 1.5 years after PS2, and the PS4 not having the DVD advantage, are the biggest reasons why Nintendo should not give up on the Wii U yet.   Mario/Pikmin/Smash/Zelda/Starfox/Luigi's Mansion and Metroid were all launched already and the Gamecube still could'nt gain any traction.  Wii U only has Pikmin 3 and SM3DW as its big titles so far and the numbers are only a little bit below the gamecubes.  Once Zelda/Metroid/Kart/Smash are out the Wii U will be in much better shape.  For now we just enjoy SM3DW, Pikmin 3, W101, and Earthbound (I was sooooooo happy that they finally rereleased it).

It's definitely too early to call Wii U a failure when its two biggest guns, (Smash and Kart) haven't been fired yet, and at $300USD, it's still outside the buying range of casuals and low income families. Once it's $200/$250 with Kart and Smash, then we'll have an idea of how well it will perform lifetime.

was thinking the same, Animal Crossing and Metroid probably the next big ones to be announced for WiiU

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Wouldn't mind it. Animal Crossing games are excellent... In fact I hope that you are correct.

It would make WiiU's 2014 even much more amazing!

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Q1-Donkey Kong/Mario Kart
Q2-Smash Bros/Bayonetta
Q3-SMTxFE/Yarn Yoshi
Q4-X/Animal Crossing

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.