By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One didn't even sell a million in November (USA)

XxGame4lifexX said:
ganoncrotch said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
platformmaster918 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
tombi123 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
ps4 is cheaper
people want the cheapest item

/thread

How much is a Wii U?

Not sure if serious...

Wii U is weak...

Developers are ditching it...

It has no games...

need i say more?

So you're saying more than price is a factor?

I think both have sold out their stock but I hate to see people contradict themselves.

Price is 1 factor.

Thats a fact. 

What he is saying is that you suggest the PS4 sells more because it is cheaper, but the Wiiu is cheaper again yet doesn't sell as much. You have the same post in the other thread exactly tho regarding the thank you from Sony for making the launch a success so I guess there isn't much debating if you are just CtrlC and CtrlV'ing your opinion around the place.

People bought a ton of PS4's because Sony made an incredible system and you know what, the X1 sold an absolute infinate number more than most people thought they would after such a disasterous PR explosion that the reveal of the system was, but Microsoft and their PR team done amazing damage control to bring it back up to a really good choice for gamers. Both system manufacturers and their fans should be pleased atm, not just putting others down saying they are just cheap so people buy them.

I simply said that some people "casual gamers" usually go for the cheapest selling item. That is a fact. People want to pay less for an item, who would want to pay more for an item that does the same thing as the other higher priced item? So being cheaper can be an advantage over being higher priced. That was my whole point.

your initial comment suggested that you thought price was the only reason PS4 sold more (again it's just supply right now for both).  You didn't list any other reasons.  When you put "/thread" after that ONE reason it suggests that it is the only one.  Then you go on to respond that WiiU isn't selling, despite being cheaper, because of a list of other factors.  That means you suddenly believe those things are relevant or are saying none of them go in PS4's favor and therefore can't be a contributor to the success of the system, just the price overcomes all of them.  Those are the only 2 options I see in your comment.  If you meant from that start that price was just one of MANY factors than you should have made that clear.  The context you put it in made it sound like that's what you were saying though.  *breathes* got it?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
ganoncrotch said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
platformmaster918 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
tombi123 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
ps4 is cheaper

/thread

How much is a Wii U?

Not sure if serious...

Wii U is weak...

It has no games...

need i say more?

I think both have sold out their stock but I hate to see people contradict themselves.

Price is 1 factor.

Thats a fact. 

What he is saying is that you suggest the PS4 sells more because it is cheaper, but the Wiiu is cheaper again yet doesn't sell as much. You have the same post in the other thread exactly tho regarding the thank you from Sony for making the launch a success so I guess there isn't much debating if you are just CtrlC and CtrlV'ing your opinion around the place.

People bought a ton of PS4's because Sony made an incredible system and you know what, the X1 sold an absolute infinate number more than most people thought they would after such a disasterous PR explosion that the reveal of the system was, but Microsoft and their PR team done amazing damage control to bring it back up to a really good choice for gamers. Both system manufacturers and their fans should be pleased atm, not just putting others down saying they are just cheap so people buy them.

I simply said that some people "casual gamers" usually go for the cheapest selling item. That is a fact. People want to pay less for an item, who would want to pay more for an item that does the same thing as the other higher priced item? So being cheaper can be an advantage over being higher priced. That was my whole point.

But your point would be if there was just 2 systems and price was the only factor then it would be 100% the wii-u's market, it's the cheapest thing and from the last generation Nintendo were pretty damn "casual gamer" friendly. So your "whole point" is leaving out why those casual gamers would choose the system 150euros more than a Wii-u? why spend so much more if getting the cheapest selling item would be all that matters?

I said it before 

The Wii U is dead 

developers are not supporting it 

it has no games 

Games move consoles 

its a very different situation with xbox one and ps4. 

Did you know ps4 only supports a 2.4 wireless signal?

The xbox one supports a wireless adapter capable of 2.4 - 5.0ghz.

The ONLY next gen console to do so. 

platformmaster918 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
ganoncrotch said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
platformmaster918 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
tombi123 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
ps4 is cheaper

/thread

How much is a Wii U?

Not sure if serious...

Wii U is weak...

It has no games...

need i say more?

Price is 1 factor.

Thats a fact. 

your initial comment suggested that you thought price was the only reason PS4 sold more (again it's just supply right now for both).  You didn't list any other reasons.  When you put "/thread" after that ONE reason it suggests that it is the only one.  Then you go on to respond that WiiU isn't selling, despite being cheaper, because of a list of other factors.  That means you suddenly believe those things are relevant or are saying none of them go in PS4's favor and therefore can't be a contributor to the success of the system, just the price overcomes all of them.  Those are the only 2 options I see in your comment.  If you meant from that start that price was just one of MANY factors than you should have made that clear.  The context you put it in made it sound like that's what you were saying though.  *breathes* got it?

Well the price is the only factor to casual gamers. That was my initial response. Casual gamers dont know anything about specs/games/features. They simply look at the pricetag and decide. $400 or $500. Thats what they go by. 

Did you know ps4 only supports a 2.4 wireless signal?

The xbox one supports a wireless adapter capable of 2.4 - 5.0ghz.

The ONLY next gen console to do so. 

Once again, 9087 wants to troll MS/Xbox from every angle.

More than 0.9millions sold in 9 days, is it a bad result considering late launch (plus launch in other 12 markets), supply constrained, previous DRM/online/resolutiongate, etc, etc.......

You're acting like this is news...like it was massively over-tracked and we should all be shocked that it sold under 1m, when in fact even vgchartz tracked it as having sold under 1 million. This thread sucks and you should feel bad.

Around the Network

I don't know why you even go into what XxGame4lifexX said, since it's pretty obvious he likes posting things that don't make sense, at all.

JayWood2010 said:

So instead of saying both did great we make it into a penis war. Damn saying congrats is so hard to say......Whatever stock MSFT and Sony allowed it sold out.

Good job Sony and MSFT XD

This...

As far as it seems the Xbone is actuallyu selling faster then the PS4 in the US. Both did great and both sold out every stock they had

Great start for a generation if you ask me. One weekend was enough to know who will be the top players this gen

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

please for the love of got can we STOP making threads about sales outside of the sales category, even just for a goddamn week.

This thread is pointless and in the wrong forum (and it's been discussed in Sales Discussion before).

Locking.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective