By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else happy with 3D World commercial failure?

Lucas-Rio said:

I did not like 3D Land and don't want Mario 3D to be as limited as a 2D game and based on multiplayer and simpliest design. I like Zelda Between World but would be pissed if Wii U Zelda was made the same way.

To me , this game should have been 3DS and we have been robbed of the true 3D Mario. That's why I like this game selling poorly. It can say "never do it anymore" to Nintendo. Galaxy's games sold great.

You dont make any type of sense, both games are different. They didn't rob you of anything, did they promise you a Galaxy successor? Did you pay them to develop SMG3???

Wanting a game to sell bad just cuz they didn't develop wat you wanted is very selfish. And beside, everybody will most likely disagree with you. SM3DW is a masterpiece. Its not praised for nothing. Most people ate crow after realizing that they doubted Nintendo of making a great game.

Somebody like you wont give it a chance cuz it didn't go your way? Really? Ok... Maybe we dont deserve SMG3 cuz all us nintendo fans complain -_- 

(oh yeah, wiiu doing terrible, so if SM3DW fails then guess wat, SMG3 wont come like at all!) 

Around the Network

Not interested in this Mario title at all, even if it got rave reviews which I find biased I could care less...

Now a galaxy type game would at least get my attention..

3D World is as good as the Galaxy games and craps all over Sunshine.

It's a bit disappointing because the first 3D Mario game I thought was any good has been Super Mario 3D Land. It's a bit overrated, but still a good game, and 3D World looks a lot better. Just my opinion though. I'd prefer Nintendo make 3D Mario games similar to old style Mario rather than fetch quest Mario.

Lyrikalstylez said:

Not interested in this Mario title at all, even if it got rave reviews which I find biased I could care less...

Now a galaxy type game would at least get my attention..

. Im guessing its biased cuz your not playing it? Lmao. 

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Lucas-Rio said:

I did not like 3D Land and don't want Mario 3D to be as limited as a 2D game and based on multiplayer and simpliest design. I like Zelda Between World but would be pissed if Wii U Zelda was made the same way.

To me , this game should have been 3DS and we have been robbed of the true 3D Mario. That's why I like this game selling poorly. It can say "never do it anymore" to Nintendo. Galaxy's games sold great.

You dont make any type of sense, both games are different. They didn't rob you of anything, did they promise you a Galaxy successor? Did you pay them to develop SMG3???

Wanting a game to sell bad just cuz they didn't develop wat you wanted is very selfish. And beside, everybody will most likely disagree with you. SM3DW is a masterpiece. Its not praised for nothing. Most people ate crow after realizing that they doubted Nintendo of making a great game.

Somebody like you wont give it a chance cuz it didn't go your way? Really? Ok... Maybe we dont deserve SMG3 cuz all us nintendo fans complain -_- 

(oh yeah, wiiu doing terrible, so if SM3DW fails then guess wat, SMG3 wont come like at all!) 

I think that yes, we were robbed of a true and big Mario 3D game, because every 3D Nintendo home console have had a true Mario game in its first years, excepted Wii U.  It's pretty clear that this game stood in the way of a brand new 3D Mario.

I won't give this game a try because:

1) I found Mario 3D Land above average but far from great

2) I don't like multiplayer based platformers

3) I have seen many footages of this game, none interested me.

I would have bought the Wii U for Galaxy 3 without any doubt. Now I have to wait a game which will raise my interest.

It baffles me how people are saying its sold poorly. Its been out for one week in two regions and sold 380k. Knack, which has had i believe 450 gloating threads about outselling mario by 25 copies in the uk has sold 140k in two weeks. Mario games have great legs, and this will easily be a multi million seller. And for me, i much preferred this to mario galaxy. If you dont buy this game and have a wii u you are depriving yourself of a great experience. Its laughable not to play it because it isnt mario galaxy 3

So far the game has sold to like 10 - 30% of Wii U owners in all regions, or am I mistaken?

mjo011 said:
So far the game has sold to like 10 - 30% of Wii U owners in all regions, or am I mistaken?

No you are correct. Just some silly individuals calling for doom after not even one week of global sales.

acdcste said:
mjo011 said:

No you are correct. Just some silly individuals calling for doom after not even one week of global sales.

Also selling just 19k in the UK first week isn't all that bad considering that number is 10% of all WiiUs sold in that region. It's hard for a game on a console with that few owners to set the charts on fire right before Christmas.