By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else happy with 3D World commercial failure?

Lucas-Rio said:

To me, it's great to the game selling badly, because it mean Nintendo with stop with the 3D Land approach, the cat gimmick and the multiplayer based platformer and we give us back the Mario we love.

A new Galaxy, 64 or Sunshine may come to life now.

This is a great game, wanting it to fail because you don't like it is well......

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:

Not interested in this Mario title at all, even if it got rave reviews which I find biased I could care less...

Now a galaxy type game would at least get my attention..

mjo011 said:
acdcste said:
mjo011 said:
So far the game has sold to like 10 - 30% of Wii U owners in all regions, or am I mistaken?

No you are correct. Just some silly individuals calling for doom after not even one week of global sales.

Also selling just 19k in the UK first week isn't all that bad considering that number is 10% of all WiiUs sold in that region. It's hard for a game on a console with that few owners to set the charts on fire right before Christmas.

Exactly. Finally somebody that actually gets it!  The uk is still caught up in x box and ps4 releasing, so other games are struggling.

Lucas-Rio said:

To me, it's great to the game selling badly, because it mean Nintendo with stop with the 3D Land approach, the cat gimmick and the multiplayer based platformer and we give us back the Mario we love.

And because they released this game it is impossible for them to release another galaxy, right?

3D World is pretty close to as good as either Galaxy game. The multi may put it over honestly.

The soundtrack was my biggest fear and honestly the soundtrack is beautiful. Easily on par with the Galaxy games.

The graphics are gorgeous, best looking Mario game to date (as expected, no NSMB laziness here).

Honestly Mario 3D World is probably a better "Mario game" than either Galaxy game, if that makes sense. It's truer to the Mario franchise and loaded with oodles of loving franchise nostalgia to go with great level design. Love little touches like the inclusion of audio throw backs from Mario 2 USA, Mario 3 (death chime!), and the stamps have old-school Mario art ... top notch. 

Not sure what the gripes with the cat suit are either. Best power ups in a Mario game since Mario 3. Cat suit, Boomerang suit, Tanooki suit, Flower power are all fantastic. Only thing missing is Yoshi. 

Around the Network
mhsillen said:
Lucas-Rio said:

And because they released this game it is impossible for them to release another galaxy, right?

I know haha. Its obvious they will probably release a galaxy, or something else new at the end of 2014, 2015.

Lucas-Rio said:

Lucas-Rio said:

3D World is more creative and has better level design than Galaxy.

And don´t get me started on Sunshine.

You obviously haven´t even tried 3D World.

Also people who think 3D Land = 3D World are sadly mistaken.

3D World chews up, spits out, and craps all over 3D Land.

3D Land is an apetizer, 3D World is three course dinner with all the fixings and a generous helping of good wine. 

3D World also has *a lot* of call backs to the Galaxy series, it may not be the direct sibling of the Galaxy games, but it's definitely the first cousin. 

Lucas-Rio said:

To me , this game should have been 3DS and we have been robbed of the true 3D Mario. That's why I like this game selling poorly. It can say "never do it anymore" to Nintendo. Galaxy's games sold great.

Oh god !

Robbed ? Jesus Christ !