By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else happy with 3D World commercial failure?

Someone is still mad. Did you eat you crow?

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Also people who think 3D Land = 3D World are sadly mistaken.

3D World chews up, spits out, and craps all over 3D Land.

3D Land is an apetizer, 3D World is three course dinner with all the fixings. 

As much as i like 3d land this is true. A superior game in every way. I only have the last couple levels to do in the secret crown world at the end and must say for me its a 10/10 no brainer. The only negative is where they try to shoehorn the gamepad into two or three levels which slows the tempo down. But thats being very picky and doesnt detract from the game at all.

i hate it when I get errors when trying to do quotes. anyway....

1st of all I don't know if i'd call it a commercial failure.... yet. 2ndly NO. I would be pretty bummed if they did away with 3dmario worlds after this, because, frankly, this is the 1st 3d Mario game I have ever actually enjoyed. My main gripes with the older ones are the combat. Your power ups only last as long as you absolutely need them (usually for some puzzle) as opposed to keeping them until you get hit and I have always hated looking for all those stars just to have to start back at a hub when you find just 1. Now I don't care if they make more marios like galaxy and 64, because I simply won't play them. But I do hope they continue with the 3dworlds. If at some point they make a Mario that is the best of both worlds, that could be awesome too.

3D World seems to be a masterpiece...

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

osed125 said:

No, but Nintendo is eating its crow, looking at the sales and the rumored November sales of the Wii U.

Industrial accident is an understatement.

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:
osed125 said:

No, but Nintendo is eating its crow, looking at the sales and the rumored November sales of the Wii U.

What are you talking about? I can only assume in regards to the sales of mario 3d world that you are trolling at this point? 380k first week without europe around the time the xbox one and ps4 were releasing. Sales are fine.

Lucas-Rio said:
osed125 said:

What does that have to do with the game? I hated the original unveil of the game thinking it was 3D Land 2, but I couldn't have been more wrong. 

It's one of the best Mario games ever made, easily on par with both Galaxy games. It's your loss if you have some preset notion of the game and refuse to play it.

After world 3 wraps up, the game ramps up to epic levels and just keeps elevating. 

The graphics are great (goodbye crappy SD resolution, you won't be missed), the soundtrack is top notch, the multiplayer even works great but the game is still awesome in 1-player too. The level design is impeccible. 

Any Mario fan who has a Wii U that doesn't play this game honestly deserves a slap upside the head. 

acdcste said:
Lucas-Rio said:
osed125 said:

What are you talking about? I can only assume in regards to the sales of mario 3d world that you are trolling at this point? 380k first week without europe around the time the xbox one and ps4 were releasing. Sales are fine.

Sub 100k start in Japan, bombed in UK, doing very average on VGchart while being probably overtracked... The game is not succeeding, as simple as that.

3D Land was a success and that's why we got this game. If this game continue to sell as bad as that, then Nintendo will probably stop the experiment and give me back the Mario I like. That's my only concern at this point.

Soundwave said:
Lucas-Rio said:
osed125 said:

What does that have to do with the game? I hated the original unveil of the game thinking it was 3D Land 2, but I couldn't have been more wrong. 

It's one of the best Mario games ever made, easily on par with both Galaxy games. It's your loss if you have some preset notion of the game and refuse to play it.

After world 3 wraps up, the game ramps up to epic levels and just keeps elevating. 

The graphics are great, the soundtrack is top notch, the multiplayer even works great. The level design is impeccible. 

Any Mario fan who has a Wii U that doesn't play this game honestly deserves a slap upside the head. 

He doesn't want to hear it unless its another galaxy. Being a great game with great user scores has no bearing on his decision making. Silly you for trying to convince him :)

Lucas-Rio said:
acdcste said:
Lucas-Rio said:
osed125 said:

Sub 100k start in Japan, bombed in UK, doing very average on VGchart while being probably overtracked... The game is not succeeding, as simple as that.

3D Land was a success and that's why we got this game. If this game continue to sell as bad as that, then Nintendo will probably stop the experiment and give me back the Mario I like. That's my only concern at this point.

Mario 3D World is the Mario "you like". It's very similar to the Galaxy games. The levels are a little tighter/shorter to mimic old school Mario, but many levels feel like they're straight out of a Galaxy game. I don't know if you want spoilers but there are many call backs to the Galaxy series in this game.