By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze details (New Stuff+Spoilers)

curl-6 said:
ash3336 said:
curl-6 said:
ash3336 said:
6-7 levels on 6 islands. Even with Bonus and Boss stages that doesn't seem too long.... Personally don't think its worth shelling out $60 considering there is only single player.

Incorrect; it has multiplayer just like DKCR.

What I meant to say was there's only campaign mode. I could care less for local multiplayer since I will not have friends over too frequently and I will instead be playing with them online. The fact that I can't even play campaign co-op online means Nintendo still doesn't understand the core features that are STANDARD in modern gaming. $60 for a 2D platformer with around 60 levels....I feel iffy about this one.

And I said 60 levels giving Retro the benefit of the doubt they have more content than announced and other post game content. If they don't even have that then you have around 40-45 levels with little to no replayability.

You could always, you know, make some local friends? :p

As to little to no replayabilty, it will likely, like DKCR, be immensely replayable, with hidden items to collect, secret levels to unlock, and  levels that are fun enough to be worth replaying many times just for the enjoyment of it.

And DKCR has what, 18 secret levels in addition to its normal ones? TF will probably have a similar number.

Being in University means friends don't live as close to each other to make frequent visits possible. I have to resort to playing online games with them. Nintendo is making it impossible for me to enjoy games with my friends by forcing me to invite them over even when it might not actually be possible on my end. I'm sorry but I'm gonna skip out on this. Gonna wait for Mario Kart and Smash who, hopefully, have outstanding online offerings which will set standard for ALL nintendo games in the future.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

Around the Network
ash3336 said:

Being in University means friends don't live as close to each other to make frequent visits possible. I have to resort to playing online games with them. Nintendo is making it impossible for me to enjoy games with my friends by forcing me to invite them over even when it might not actually be possible on my end. I'm sorry but I'm gonna skip out on this. Gonna wait for Mario Kart and Smash who, hopefully, have outstanding online offerings which will set standard for ALL nintendo games in the future.

Your money, your choice. I never had such a problem at University myself, I just made new friends close by.

Busted said:

I think the classic 2D platformer genre is dead, basically no one cared for NSMBU and now people are actually getting mad at nintendo for talking about the sequel to last generation's best exponent of that genre, you should not post this here

What the fuck are you talking about? He has every right to post this here, I for one am very interested in the game and love classic 2D platformers.

And how are they dead? They sell through the roof.

Excuse me if I have somehow misinterpreted your comment and missed your sarcasm.

Am I the only one who misses the Kremlings and prefers them over the generic baddies in DKCR and TF?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

ash3336 said:
curl-6 said:
ash3336 said:
6-7 levels on 6 islands. Even with Bonus and Boss stages that doesn't seem too long.... Personally don't think its worth shelling out $60 considering there is only single player.

Incorrect; it has multiplayer just like DKCR.

What I meant to say was there's only campaign mode. I could care less for local multiplayer since I will not have friends over too frequently and I will instead be playing with them online. The fact that I can't even play campaign co-op online means Nintendo still doesn't understand the core features that are STANDARD in modern gaming. $60 for a 2D platformer with around 60 levels....I feel iffy about this one.

And I said 60 levels giving Retro the benefit of the doubt they have more content than announced and other post game content. If they don't even have that then you have around 40-45 levels with little to no replayability.

Are there really that many 2D platformers with co-op online multiplayer? I'm not an expert on the genre so I can't really think of any off the top of my head. I doubt it is a standard in the industry though considering that the slightest bit of lag will destroy the experience, quickly becoming unplayable. The game is also $50.

Around the Network

David Wise soundtrack ... $50, take my money Nintendo. Nowwww.

I hope Iwata has David Wise as part of the Iwata Asks for DKC: TF, I know he's a big fan of the original DKC soundtracks, I think he mentioned that he listens to them on his iPod often. 

DKCR was a very good platformer, DKC: TF will be great too. 

NightDragon83 said:
Am I the only one who misses the Kremlings and prefers them over the generic baddies in DKCR and TF?

The Kremlings have already had three games, let them rest in peace I say.