By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze details (New Stuff+Spoilers)

curl-6 said:
ash3336 said:
6-7 levels on 6 islands. Even with Bonus and Boss stages that doesn't seem too long.... Personally don't think its worth shelling out $60 considering there is only single player.

Incorrect; it has multiplayer just like DKCR.

What I meant to say was there's only campaign mode. I could care less for local multiplayer since I will not have friends over too frequently and I will instead be playing with them online. The fact that I can't even play campaign co-op online means Nintendo still doesn't understand the core features that are STANDARD in modern gaming. $60 for a 2D platformer with around 60 levels....I feel iffy about this one.

And I said 60 levels giving Retro the benefit of the doubt they have more content than announced and other post game content. If they don't even have that then you have around 40-45 levels with little to no replayability.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

Around the Network
Salnax said:
zorg1000 said:
Salnax said:
Only 40 or so levels? NSMB2's 80+ levels have spoiled me.

I suspect they might be hiding something. Perhaps a third of the game is hidden behind the credits, a la 3D World?

How many levels were in DKC Returns

Sixty-something.Basically, you had 8 "Worlds" with 6 regular levels each and two unlockable ones.

If there really are only forty-something levels in Tropical Freeze, they'd better be something special. But knowing Retro, if there are only that many levels, they'll probably be levels of epic proportions.

nintendo joins the DLC club

The game is 50$ in US. Cant post link Im on a vita. And David Wise is back, that is the only reassuring I need. Yes it has fewer stages than returns, but in return the levels are MUCH longer. Remember, David Wise is back!!

Yep.

ash3336 said:
curl-6 said:
ash3336 said:
6-7 levels on 6 islands. Even with Bonus and Boss stages that doesn't seem too long.... Personally don't think its worth shelling out $60 considering there is only single player.

Incorrect; it has multiplayer just like DKCR.

What I meant to say was there's only campaign mode. I could care less for local multiplayer since I will not have friends over too frequently and I will instead be playing with them online. The fact that I can't even play campaign co-op online means Nintendo still doesn't understand the core features that are STANDARD in modern gaming. $60 for a 2D platformer with around 60 levels....I feel iffy about this one.

And I said 60 levels giving Retro the benefit of the doubt they have more content than announced and other post game content. If they don't even have that then you have around 40-45 levels with little to no replayability.

You could always, you know, make some local friends? :p

As to little to no replayabilty, it will likely, like DKCR, be immensely replayable, with hidden items to collect, secret levels to unlock, and  levels that are fun enough to be worth replaying many times just for the enjoyment of it.

And DKCR has what, 18 secret levels in addition to its normal ones? TF will probably have a similar number.

It says you always control DK in single player. Can you switch to the side characters like in the original DK Country trilogy? Or do they just ride on your back like the last one?

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

Around the Network
WiiRHardcore said:
It says you always control DK in single player. Can you switch to the side characters like in the original DK Country trilogy? Or do they just ride on your back like the last one?

They ride on your back, offering you the use of their skills simultaneously with Donkey instead of having to switch back and forth like in the SNES ones.

I'm just glad Dixie is back! DKC 2 is one of my favorite games, I love the pony tail spin!

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

WiiRHardcore said:

I'm just glad Dixie is back! DKC 2 is one of my favorite games, I love the pony tail spin!

Yeah, I love DKC2 as well, I still take it for a spin now and then today.

tbone51 said:

- Enemies will get tougher as you progress

Thanks. Captain Obvious.

Where's the bananas???

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...